• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

[QUOTE=rutog98;3608405]
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Oh my goodness! Aaron is a HORRIBLE Storm-writer. I hope he never writes her character again!
    With her being a god we may not have to worry about his mistake of her not being able to use her powers in hell. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because i don't know if you read it but his run on Thor and his story with Jane in particular really has been one of the best comics reads i have had.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

[QUOTE=jwatson;3608413]
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

With her being a god we may not have to worry about his mistake of her not being able to use her powers in hell. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because i don't know if you read it but his run on Thor and his story with Jane in particular really has been one of the best comics reads i have had.
    Agreed, it was that good but his Storm was atrocious. She did beat him but it really wasn't a fight. It was really lackluster one bolt of faith energy sent him packing but it would have been nice if that fight were more like the fight Shuri got.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-19-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Oh my goodness! Aaron is a HORRIBLE Storm-writer. I hope he never writes her character again!
    I would love the see the shiar gods come gunning for Storm. As the intergalactic empire of Wakanda builds so shall the name of it's Goddess the Hadari yao. I don't think too many intergalactic gods are going to like the mutant goddess' name being whispered in their ears. So much potential.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

He's always trying to find a reason for her not to use her powers, though. He pulled this stunt as well when the Skrulls invaded Wakanda while she was married to Panther. I'm just sick of this writer.

He's always trying to find a reason for her not to use her powers, though. He pulled this stunt as well when the Skrulls invaded Wakanda while she was married to Panther. I'm just sick of this writer.
    I thought that was a good story, the Black Panther: Secret Invasion but that's more of a gut feeling that a stern memory as i haven't read it in a while so can't be clear on many specific details. Perhaps the Fresh Start moniker will have some true behind the scenes affects. With things looking up for the X-franchise perhaps what a writer can and can't explore will be different. There are a lot of good writers who never got a chance to write the x-stories they wanted to because of a lot of things.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Because it's one of many huge part of her character development and history.

That's because she has no feats with the hammer yet lol. Also, if StormCaster is on par with Mjolnir and StorBreaker as it was stated to be then
    creating Portals and Flying in Space faster than light is something i'd like Storm to do.

Can you Name a few DC Gods and Marvel Gods that rely on Faith that makes them Gods? or helps them keep their Godhood?
    stormcaster has been around since the 80s and she has no feats while goddess storm has been around since last year and she has god blast, defeating adversary , closing interdimensional portals, ending unnatural weather. I'm not sure why you like this hammer.

Maybe it's just me and because i don't come here much but i'm starting to remember why i don't. It's always the storm fans, well some that seem to go out of their way to tear storm down. It's almost like Storm has her own russian bots.

At the ends of the day faith opened the door for Storm to receive her gift of godhood, to unlock the divine that was already always in her. It was said people all over the sarengeti still believed in and worshipped Storm and thats even when she wasn't in Africa at the time so Storm will always have people who have faith in her and technically if it was a faith issue all she needs is Tchalla as he represents the people but i don't think she needs it. But this is the last time i'm giving my opinion on it. I can't see any writer everytime they want to get out a heavy gun doing a prayer circle but some will reach to the moon to debunk what they don't want to be true.
    d.
    As for Stormcaster even in Gold it was stated it sensed the divinity within Storm so before she even touched the hammer it was stated she had some divine in her. It was her who said well i was worshipped as a goddess. And if that issue of Gold happened before the latest issue of BP it makes perfect sense she would say that as she didn't know she was really a goddess but Tchalla did.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Because everything that came along with this reconnection has gone on to further tie her to other black folks. Not only did it tie her to other black folks, it also breathed new life into her standing within the MU. If you believe her ties to BP and everything that came along with it are really a dead sheep, then how do you explain Storm getting a solo out of the deal? Not only is she getting a solo (we have confirmation that it's still happening). We also got a stealth team book BP&C (but it's lowkey centered around Storm). And the most of epic points being, COATES SPENT A YEARS WORTH OF BP COMICS, WITH STORM AS NOTHING MORE THAN A SUPPORTING CAST MEMBER, BUT HE MANAGED TO TIE HER TO T'Challa, his people and his land, (ALL BLACK) BUT WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE THAT DON'T REALIZE THE NATURE OF WHAT HE'S DONE. What writer in history has gone onto do what Coates has done for Storm? I asked this question on Facebook, but I didn't get an acceptable or logical response, so here we go... Can you name any other year long story arcs (meaning a years worth of stories. Twelve out of twelve issues) that served the sole purpose of tying Storm to other people that look like her? Care to share? When I asked on Facebook I was given ONE storyline out of the multiples that's she's been in since her creation. I'm hoping you can better she'd light in this conundrum...
    why are you bringing so much truth today they ain't ready

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While it didnt make them gods...DC gods do use the power of Faith to impower them.

Trying to figure out which pic of Storm calling herself a goddess I like more.

Attachment 64849

or

Attachment 64850
    thank you for this.

[QUOTE=jwatson;3608228]

I believe the shiar gods storyline also talked about faith as well and it's impact on gods. Aarons run on thor had a lot of nuggets about gods.
    again provide the truth

Thanks. The X-men have faith in her, other heroes, children who were born long after she left Africa still cry out for the hadori. Faith is the least of her worries. lol. Heck even when she uses her powers there have been many a time that the heros looked at her in stun and awe.
    yes!!!!! you are killing today

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The Greek gods are the ones I'm talking about.Athena, Aphrodite, and Ares*gain extra power...Ares even changed his title to God of Conflict.
    and thank you again.. you guys are killing it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

I would love the see the shiar gods come gunning for Storm. As the intergalactic empire of Wakanda builds so shall the name of it's Goddess the Hadari yao. I don't think too many intergalactic gods are going to like the mutant goddess' name being whispered in their ears. So much potential.
    I need something new for Ororo "the shiar gods gunning for Storm" would be Storm retreading Lady Thor's recent battle successes

BANNED

One more thing that needs to be clarified, Stormcaster/Stormbreaker/or whatever hammer of the day was NEVER a huge part of Storm's character. It played a role in one story arc while she was powerless for one of Loki's plots against Thor back when it was made. That's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    stormcaster has been around since the 80s and she has no feats while goddess storm has been around since last year and she has god blast, defeating adversary , closing interdimensional portals, ending unnatural weather. I'm not sure why you like this hammer.
    LOL Goddess Storm has no feats either......Kyss you are delusional dude.

Compare their feats there practically almost the Same LOL.

BANNED

LOL Goddess Storm has no feats either......Kyss you are delusional dude.

Compare their feats there practically almost the Same LOL.
    Actually, this is not true. Storm defeated Adversary with a blast. The Blackbird did more damage than Stormcaster's bolt in the Gold story, hence the plane was the ultimate attack in the sequence of assaults rained upon that "god".

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I need something new for Ororo "the shiar gods gunning for Storm" would be Storm retreading Lady Thor's recent battle successes
    I was more using them as a specific example as it was a story i just read and added a tangible aspect to the thought and they were shown to be quite pety. It can be any pantheon in space really. The Brood gods for all i care. lol. The main point is her name spreading throughout the Marvel Cosmic Universe and what threats that may bring to Earth. As faith in a god spread it is believed that so too does their power but could it diminish the power of others or even be used to increase it. So i bet any new born god or pantheon that would gain any sense of notoriety would be met by others gods for their own purpose.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Also despite all Storm's power i like that interestingly now when it comes to her being a Goddess she is an infant. That in of itself comes with a shift. She herself said she was more powerful when she lived as a goddess in Africa but for all these years she has lives a mutant. So where is the line there. What aspects of her are god and which are mutant. For the most part she has had to train herself on the use of her mutant powers as even Charles never fully understood how her mutant abilities worked and now there is really no one to show her the powers of a god. A lot of potential there.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Maybe it's just me and because i don't come here much but i'm starting to remember why i don't. It's always the storm fans, well some that seem to go out of their way to tear storm down. It's almost like Storm has her own russian bots.

At the ends of the day faith opened the door for Storm to receive her gift of godhood, to unlock the divine that was already always in her. It was said people all over the sarengeti still believed in and worshipped Storm and thats even when she wasn't in Africa at the time so Storm will always have people who have faith in her and technically if it was a faith issue all she needs is Tchalla as he represents the people but i don't think she needs it. But this is the last time i'm giving my opinion on it. I can't see any writer everytime they want to get out a heavy gun doing a prayer circle but some will reach to the moon to debunk what they don't want to be true.

d.
    As for Stormcaster even in Gold it was stated it sensed the divinity within Storm so before she even touched the hammer it was stated she had some divine in her. It was her who said well i was worshipped as a goddess. And if that issue of Gold happened before the latest issue of BP it makes perfect sense she would say that as she didn't know she was really a goddess but Tchalla did.
    This makes EXCELLENT sense.

This makes EXCELLENT sense.
    agreed.
    10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Also despite all Storm's power i like that interestingly now when it comes to her being a Goddess she is an infant. That in of itself comes with a shift. She herself said she was more powerful when she lived as a goddess in Africa but for all these years she has lives a mutant. So where is the line there. What aspects of her are god and which are mutant. For the most part she has had to train herself on the use of her mutant powers as even Charles never fully understood how her mutant abilities worked and now there is really no one to show her the powers of a god. A lot of potential there.
    I'm curious will we see more of this new ability in the wakanda forever with the dora.