10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You are a poster after my own heart. I agree with ever word of your post. Take off your jacket and stay awhile.
    It's been so long but I remember lurking and reading your posts on Superhero-hype forums years ago, loved your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    first off welcome to the forum!! and I love your avi.... very cute. you made a lot of good points. I completely agree with your point about her being powerless. we've been there done that but this is the first time we've seen storm fully realized. I'm here for it!!! the symbol could be the ancient symbol of the hadari yao, Im sure there is a story there. and I hate the hammer too. I think it complicates things and distracts from exploring her being developed as a goddess per coates vision. from what I'm reading this hammer thing may be more marvel.than Giggs as this is supposed to tie in to the thor stories about hammers popping up everywhere. at any rate I agree with the parts with her development. welcome again!!
    Hey sis! and yeah, the hammer for me represents the past...a past from a storyline decades ago. It's really time to move on and it also just proves that writers
    have been going around in circles with her for the last two decades.

The Hadari Yao title and her goddesshood is what most excites me and I have sooo many questions because it seems that not only in Wakanda was Storm
    always seen as a Goddess but also in her own village. I'm also guessing she does not fit into any Pantheon, at least not any one on Earth.
    This reminds me on in our world where tribes know of things that have been passed down for centuries of ancient stories, myths (The Dogon tribe is one of the most interesting to me) and how they seem to know things others don't. So maybe we'll see her return to her village and travel to others at times to learn more about herself.

It's going to be like discovering Ororo all over again.

Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 04-27-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    It's been so long but I remember lurking and reading your posts on Superhero-hype forums years ago, loved your posts.
    Wait your from SHH forum...? What was your name?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait your from SHH forum...? What was your name?
    Stormultt, I didn't post much there though.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hey sis! and yeah, the hammer for me represents the past...a past from a storyline decades ago. It's really time to move on and it also just proves that writers
    have been going around in circles with her for the last two decades.

The Hadari Yao title and her goddesshood is what most excites me and I have sooo many questions because it seems that not only in Wakanda was Storm
    always seen as a Goddess but also in her own village. I'm also guessing she does not fit into any Pantheon, at least not any one on Earth.
    This reminds me on in our world where tribes know of things that have been passed down for centuries of ancient stories, myths (The Dogon tribe is one of the most interesting to me) and how they seem to know things others don't.

It's going to be like discovering Ororo all over again.

beloved you are preaching to my soul right now. you are absolutely right. it's like we are going through cycles of rehashed stories from the past but they are not nearly as good and creative.

and another interesting point. the alkaman spoke of the hadari yao to her first in issue 17 so the tales of the hadari yao seem relevant to the wakandan mythos but how far beyond the wakandan borders did it extend? and for adversary to be aware and afraid of this power from when the xmen first fought him the hadari Yao and her power must be one that is legendary. I mentioned before as well that the excitement I had for this issue was the first time in a long time I was genuinely excited for a book. I don't think.ive Bern as excited since her solo. im.so eager as you are to go through this journey in understanding this power that lies within that is her birthright. it truly is a great time to be a storm fan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Stormultt, I didn't post much there though.
    I seem to remember that name. I was Lord Shiva on that board.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    beloved you are preaching to my soul right now. you are absolutely right. it's like we are going through cycles of rehashed stories from the past but they are not nearly as good and creative.

and another interesting point. the alkaman spoke of the hadari yao to her first in issue 17 so the tales of the hadari yao seem relevant to the wakandan mythos but how far beyond the wakandan borders did it extend? and for adversary to be aware and afraid of this power from when the xmen first fought him the hadari Yao and her power must be one that is legendary. I mentioned before as well that the excitement I had for this issue was the first time in a long time I was genuinely excited for a book. I don't think.ive Bern as excited since her solo. im.so eager as you are to go through this journey in understanding this power that lies within that is her birthright. it truly is a great time to be a storm fan.
    Exactly, he either felt something from her or knew OF her from long ago so I can't wait to find out what's going on.
    If she's the goddess of balance to all natural things then I'd assume she is like the gatekeeper, judge and executioner to anything that threatens the natural cycle of things?
    It would also explain why she has to take certain things from apart of an environment and put it back as it was when she is finished when using her powers, so as to not disturb things.
    I don't know, I'm just guessing but that's what it's sounding like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I seem to remember that name. I was Lord Shiva on that board.
    I remember you lol
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 04-27-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

[SIZE=2][COLOR="#008080"]Exactly, he either felt something from her or knew OF her from long ago so I can't wait to find out what's going on.
    If she's the goddess of balance to all natural things then I'd assume she is like the gatekeeper, judge and executioner to anything that threatens the natural cycle of things?
    It would also explain why she has to take certain things from apart of an environment and put it back as it was when she is finished when using her powers, so as to not disturb things.
    I don't know, I'm just guessing but that's what it's sounding like to me.
    me either boo.

I'm not so sure what her role is but I love that just as she always worked as a mutant to not put the elements beyond it's natural manifestations, her role as a goddess is mirrored to that. it's a wonderful new addition to her abilities and it shows the thought coates put into what her ability is. it wasnt "give her a hammer she is thor" but it tied to something that has always been true to HER character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Besides this forum, what other sites exist where people can talk about Storm? Is comicvine still a thing? I know the chat forum is active, but does it still come out with new articles?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

I feel like a fortune teller or something. I expected Storm to be the one Cassandra nabs and its true, I made a post saying that Nakia vs Storm would be cool and that's happening as well.

I read an interview with Starlin who said that he wanted to use the X-Men in Infinity, but the X-editors weren't having it. They eventually relented to just Cyclops and Wolverine, but UGH!!! Just think of the big battle with Storm there. Sure she may have died like those other 2, but I bet it would've been an epic death.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Besides this forum, what other sites exist where people can talk about Storm? Is comicvine still a thing? I know the chat forum is active, but does it still come out with new articles?
    Not sure, I only go to comicvine sto do Vs. Fights.

Ok just read an article.
    So apparently The Hammer is here as temporary stay.
    So those hating on Gunn or Storm breaker relax.
    Hopefully she'll be an integral part of whatever this Thor Hamner event is.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...l7AlES&ampcf=1

Lmao. Like storm ever plays a significant role in Marvel events these days
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Lmao. Like storm ever plays a significant role in Marvel events these days
    Sad but true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Ok just read an article.
    So apparently The Hammer is here as temporary stay.
    So those hating on Gunn or Storm breaker relax.
    Hopefully she'll be an integral part of whatever this Thor Hamner event is.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...l7AlES&ampcf=1
    yawn!

Wake me up when it's over. I don't like the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    yawn!

Wake me up when it's over. I don't like the hammer.
    So assuming you didn't pick up Thors.
    I love Asgard Storm. It one of her famous and popular version.
    I don't feel the StormCaster diminishes any thing Storm does as a mutan or Goddess.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 04-29-2018 at 01:13 PM.