• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Maybe it was talked about in this thread but I don't feel like doing all that scrolling but isn't interesting how jean got to lead a team as soon as she got resurrected (and that had a lot to do with the dark phoenix movie but thats another subject) yet ororo who has been leader of the x-men for the longest time cyclops aside is still getting sidelined in every book she's in

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Jen Bertel spoke about the storm solo at the women of marvel panel at C2E2 said she couldn't say much about it but it was going very good
    This is really good news! Every time we get a new sketch from her I really emotional and in my feelings.
    Maybe it was talked about in this thread but I don't feel like doing all that scrolling but isn't interesting how jean got to lead a team as soon as she got resurrected (and that had a lot to do with the dark phoenix movie but thats another subject) yet ororo who has been leader of the x-men for the longest time cyclops aside is still getting sidelined in every book she's in
    Lol it has been brought by me. I made mention of it because it jumped out at me because of how obvious it is. I do like that Storm's presence is heavily felt over Jean's team. X-men Red could be really good for their relationship moving forward.

Jen Bertel spoke about the storm solo at the women of marvel panel at C2E2 said she couldn't say much about it but it was going very good
    I'm very excited!!

One reason I'm not worrying is because while it was announced last year, it seems to be something they're taking their time with.
    They just had better promote it correctly this time around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    This is really good news! Every time we get a new sketch from her I really emotional and in my feelings.

Lol it has been brought by me. I made mention of it because it jumped out at me because of how obvious it is. I do like that Storm's presence is heavily felt over Jean's team. X-men Red could be really good for their relationship moving forward.
    You mean how heavily felt Storm's presence is on the ground when she gets knocked silly by C-list powered villains compared to Jean's team! LOL! Seriously, Storm isn't doing anything in the x-books, and the Red title is doing poorly in sales because Jean simply isn't a big enough draw for many fans. Jean never enjoyed anywhere near the popularity of a well-written Gambit, Storm, or Wolverine with the readership. This is why the Red book has that supersized lineup with the three Wolverine wannabees, Jean, Gambit, Gentle, Namor, Trinary, and Nightcrawler. Marvel is trying to tap into the fanbases of as many characters as they can to support the title because Jean can't do it on her own. As I have said before, if the book were being led by Storm, or Cyclops, or even Nightcrawler, dollars to donuts it would be doing MUCH better in sales. On top of that, having one of these three lead the team would mean the title would do very well with a more streamlined number of people on the cast with somewhere between 5-7 characters on the team. They wouldn't have to try and use a supersized cast to try and attract various readers. A Storm-led team book with a roster of Storm, Gambit, Sage, Warpath, and Nightcrawler would sell much better than Red, no doubt.

Marvel and their stupid ideas...and people wonder why comics are a dying market. There's no doubt in my mind that the writers and editors are a bunch of fanboys up there trying to push their pet characters over the ones the consumers would rather read about. When are they going to figure out that they can't force us to like characters we don't care about and prop them up over characters we actually want to follow?
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-05-2018 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I'm very excited!!

One reason I'm not worrying is because while it was announced last year, it seems to be something they're taking their time with.
    I think they may be taking their time with it as well, which is a good step. The last attempt at a solo was not thought out so well with all the rehashing of "Storm's Greatest Hits from the 80s" rather than exploring unchartered territory with the character like Coates is trying to do. I just hope they don't pull the plug on the title at the last minute.

@Everyone:

When Storm gets her solo title and starts fighting massively powerful bad guys on the regular, do you think they will change those silly, biased rules in the rumbles forum to accomdate her new feats?

"Her eyes are older than time" is something I've always wanted explored.

Though I'm not sure where the birthright comes from, I'm sure Oshtur or other gods we may have never heard of play a part.
    Maybe that's where the cosmic elements that where originally hinted at about her solo comes in.
    The quote is mentioned in X-Men Companion. Storm was meant to be a real Goddess as old as time until Claremont gave her parents

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Marvel is a piece of crap, to be honest. All of this potential with Storm that they have squandered over the decades in their attempts to hold her back for Jean Grey, who doesn't even have 1/100th of the story potential Ororo has.
    Now you know how DC minority fans FEEL.

Jean actually does have the story potential and the main reason she is the lead on Red X-Men is a business choice versus fan. How many stories have revolved around her? Especially those in trades.

Storm's issue is the SAME issue with Cyborg. You threw her in stuff and that was it. You left out DEVELOPMENT and that lead to the downfall of her first run. Never mind many expected it to be a Black Panther bashing book to begin with.

I'll offer this challenge- lets say Marvel gave you the assignment to put together the BEST Storm centric stories. Like they did with Falcon & War Machine.

Lets go with 150-200 pages. The solo will NOT be an option nor the Coates Panther stealth Storm solo.

If that can't be done-that tells you how little has been done.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

From Giant-Sized X-Men #1. Enjoy! :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/pbea-QDUrvn...2cLNMHDl=s1600
    thanks love

welcome to the xbooks. I personally would like her to branch away from the xmen. it's clear outside of her being a token the officers have no use for her.

I'm very excited!!

this. I dont want this solo.to be a rush job.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The quote is mentioned in X-Men Companion. Storm was meant to be a real Goddess as old as time until Claremont gave her parents
    this is why im glad coates made it canon she is a goddess. him taking her back.to how she was always intended to be demonstrates has done his homework.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

welcome to the xbooks. I personally would like her to branch away from the xmen. it's clear outside of her being a token the officers have no use for her.

Storm branching out of the x-men is actually a terrible idea because first of all character wise ororo never had any interest in being something other than an x-man and fighting for mutant kind and second of all where would she go? the avengers? She'd get an even worst treatment in those books since she has no avengers legacy whatsoever

This is why the Red book has that supersized lineup with the three Wolverine wannabees
    Lost you at that part. Laura isn't a wolverine wanna be she's actually a better wolverine than logan.

The thing about x-men red is that jean being the leader wouldn't bother me as much even though she's not a favourite of mine if she didn't just get that team handed to her. In phoenix resurrect jean was struggling with being alive again and partying with the phoenix and out of nowhere she suddenly leads a team. Red should have been storm's team because i think storm has had more than enough time to deal with the events of civil wars and XvsI and get rid of that guilt and ororo was jean best friend so it would of been nice for jean to get back into the x-men business under her best friend leadership

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm branching out of the x-men is actually a terrible idea because first of all character wise ororo never had any interest in being something other than an x-man and fighting for mutant kind and second of all where would she go? the avengers? She'd get an even worst treatment in those books since she has no avengers legacy whatsoever
    have you not been reading black panther ? some of her best development since she was written by Claremont has occurred here. she doesnt have to be an avenger. she doesn't have to even be on a team (though from what I hear of ultimates it sounds like a good fit for her) but my point is that storm is not important to the stories being told by the xbooks. any character could be put in her place and it wouldn't change the dynamic of the story. however, storms role in coates story were very dependent on storms involvement. and this story which gave her some much needed development happened outside the xbooks. right now kitty, jean and now logsn will drive the direction of the stories. unfortunate but true. and expecting things to change now would be silly imo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That is the point. It’s a very wild and unexpected concept that will make people curious. Her last solo also failed because she was all over the X books but not doing anything significant. She was overexposed but also underexposed at the same time.

She was doing X stuff on her solo series. Might as well title that as X-Men and make an arc about it. That would’ve sold better.

The current X books are not exactly doing her any favors. She is shining on non-X books, which is SAD!

Wolverine solo dealt on stories focused on him. Storm have so much UNEXPLORED backstories. The fact alone that you think she has any solo backstory to tackle is the exact proof why branching out is a good idea.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 05-06-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Storm branching out from the x-men at this moment in time is actually an incredible idea and something that is long overdue, she's only in need of a writer that understands her character.
    If being sleep in multiple different places after throwing a bolt of lightning is 'amazing' to anyone then...yeah, no.

The reality is is that Ororo has potential to explore and develop her own mythos and build upon it.
    I'm not saying remove her from X-verse but if her going on her own self-developing adventures limits her appearances in it then that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to see made.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This was one of the quotes I was thinking of, I'd love to see this concept fully explored.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 05-06-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Wait Storm is branching out from the X-Men??? Where??? This should be GOOD news for ALL Storm fans.