10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Storm needs to get out. That Nina Simone quote keeps coming up which I will paraphrase here. Get up from the table when love isn't being served.

BANNED

I don't think Storm needs to be removed from the X-books. She just needs to be in more places than one ala Wolverine.

She can lead her own team of X-Men with a roster like: Storm, Gambit, Sage, Warpath, and Nightcrawler (let Alan Davis work together on this title with either Greg Pak or Chris Yost)...

while also being on a Defenders line-up with a team of: Storm, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Emma Frost, Vision, and Spiderman...

while also have her solo "Storm" title...

Rogue appears in both X-Men and Avengers titles...
    Wolverine appeared in various solo titles, plus the Avengers, plus X-Men books...
    Thor has his own solo title while being a longstanding member of the Avengers...
    Black Panther has his own solo title while also being a member of the Ultimate...
    Likewise, Hulk and Iron Man both have had solo books while being longstanding members of the Avengers...

So, why does it have to be an either/or for Ororo? Keep her in the X-books with a writer that gets her and loves her while allowing her to branch out to the larger MU at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I don't think Storm needs to be removed from the X-books. She just needs to be in more places than one ala Wolverine.

She can lead her own team of X-Men with a roster like: Storm, Gambit, Sage, Warpath, and Nightcrawler (let Alan Davis work together on this title with either Greg Pak or Chris Yost)...

while also being on a Defenders line-up with a team of: Storm, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Emma Frost, Vision, and Spiderman...

Wolverine appeared in various solo titles, plus the Avengers, plus X-Men books...
    Thor has his own solo title while being a longstanding member of the Avengers...
    Black Panther has his own solo title while also being a member of the Ultimate...
    Likewise, Hulk and Iron Man both have had solo books while being longstanding members of the Avengers...

So, why does it have to be an either/or for Ororo? Keep her in the X-books with a writer that gets her and loves her while allowing her to branch out to the larger MU at the same time.
    No, no she needs to go. The main two x books are trash. Red and Astonishing vary in quality with red being the only good book. Until the quality gets better across the board put her someplace where she can shine like rogue did.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Storm needs to get out. That Nina Simone quote keeps coming up which I will paraphrase here. Get up from the table when love isn't being served.
    hello!!

she hasn't been given fair treatment or of interest since Claremont. I think it would be unrealistic to see this changing especially when you look at Terrigen mist, ivx, and kitty
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-06-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hello!!

she hasn't been given fair treatment or of interest since Claremont. I think it would be unrealistic to see this changing especially when you look at Teigen most, ivx, and kitty
    No, no she's gotten decent treatment after Claremont just not decent treatment in the last decade.

BANNED

No, no she needs to go. The main two x books are trash. Red and Astonishing vary in quality with red being the only good book. Until the quality gets better across the board put her someplace where she can shine like rogue did.
    1) You're right, they are trash, hence, I said to put her in a book with a creative of team of Alan Davis working with either Chris Yost or Greg Pak with the X-Men team I created. (She doesn't need to be on a team with other elementals or energy blasters as they will only write her down to prop them up so that their powers get a niche to fill on the team.)

2) As for Red, I agree it has the best stories of all the X-Men team books, but it doesn't do well in sales because Jean is leading it. It's not gonna last more than a year.

3) The Marvel Office would be the one that handles the Avengers, Thor, Black Panther, etc. If you move Storm there, that office may have a problem with Storm's power levels as she would be a threat to Thor. They may scale back her pow ers to prop up Thor, so that is why I am leery of putting all of my eggs in one basket and taking her wholesale out of the X-office. I say give her a team to lead with 4 other characters beside herself making sure no other energy wielders or elementals are on the lineup, and put a creative team on the book who like the character like Davis/Pak. On top of that, put her in something like the Defenders (they probably fight the biggest, most powerful baddies in the MU of all the team books).

No, no she's gotten decent treatment after Claremont just not decent treatment in the last decade.
    we need more than decent.. but what stories have been decent that centered around her?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

we need more than decent.. but what stories have been decent that centered around her?
    Trion, marrowa bunch of stuff that was good until uncanny was taken from Claremont and Storm was shipped to BP.

1) You're right, they are trash, hence, I said to put her in a book with a creative of team of Alan Davis working with either Chris Yost or Greg Pak with the X-Men team I created. (She doesn't need to be on a team with other elementals or energy blasters as they will only write her down to prop them up so that their powers get a niche to fill on the team.)

2) As for Red, I agree it has the best stories of all the X-Men team books, but it doesn't do well in sales because Jean is leading it. It's not gonna last more than a year.

3) The Marvel Office would be the one that handles the Avengers, Thor, Black Panther, etc. If you move Storm there, that office may have a problem with Storm's power levels as she would be a threat to Thor. They may scale back her pow ers to prop up Thor, so that is why I am leery of putting all of my eggs in one basket and taking her wholesale out of the X-office. I say give her a team to lead with 4 other characters beside herself making sure no other energy wielders or elementals are on the lineup, and put a creative team on the book who like the character like Davis/Pak. On top of that, put her in something like the Defenders (they probably fight the biggest, most powerful baddies in the MU of all the team books).
    to your last point I dont agree. storm became a goddess in BP book, a non xbook.

BANNED

Red is doing fine and has nothing to do with Jean leading the book, put Storm in that spot you would be seeing the same numbers.

Trion, marrowa bunch of stuff that was good until uncanny was taken from Claremont and Storm was shipped to BP.
    since returning xmen post divorce? this is typically my point of reference as Claremont wrote her up until hudlin got her.

Red is doing fine and has nothing to do with Jean leading the book, put Storm in that spot you would be seeing the same numbers.
    it may be worse unfortunately.

BANNED

to your last point I dont agree. storm became a goddess in BP book, a non xbook.

You are right about how Storm was given her due in BP, but look at what happened when Bendis wrote her in Avengers. It was just one step away from Guggy level bad. I have a feeling the writer did that to try and show Storm is no Thor when actually Storm is a more powerful elemental than he.

BANNED

Red is doing terrible. It had a 50% drop in sales between issues 1 and 2. No team book EVER led by Storm did anywhere near that bad. Jean leading a team x-book added a new dimension to bad sales. Just stating the facts as they are.

BANNED

Red is doing terrible. It had a 50% drop in sales between issues 1 and 2. No team book EVER led by Storm did anywhere near that bad. Jean leading a team x-book added a new dimension to bad sales. Just stating the facts as they are.
    That is normal and you stating an opinion isn't a fact. The fact that it lost half is normal and not the sign of something bad. You have a difficult time knowing the difference. Storm couldn't do any better.