• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's cool. I would like to see Goddess Storm tee off against Thor.
    There's a good handful of people i'd like to see GoddessStorm face off against, but there are some people I like to see Stormborn fight as WELL to a pulp.

Both versions of Storm are VERY VERY Interesting. And POWERFUL
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-15-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    There's a good handful of people i'd like to see GoddessStorm face off against, but there are some people I like to see Stormborn fight as WELL to a pulp.

Both versions of Storm are VERY VERY Interesting. And POWERFUL
    I'm not a fan of stormborn at all but however long she has the hammer it would be nice for those who do like the hammer to get to see her do more than shoot lightning and throw it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'm not a fan of stormborn at all but however long she has the hammer it would be nice for those who do like the hammer to get to see her do more than shoot lightning and throw it.
    Well it's not for everyone just like some other aspect of Storm is not for everyone

Well it's not for everyone just like some other aspect of Storm is not for everyone
    like what? i think in the case of the hammer it is an external object not tied to her and her mythos. there are so many aspects of her power that have not been fleshed out (her ties to magic, her being a goddess, her being a potential omega mutant) so the idea of her having a hammer adds another component that takes away from diving deep into her own potential. all in all, that was not my point. the point I was making is that it would be nice for those who do like stormborn, such as yourself, to actually see her do something other than throw the hammer and shoot lightning. to bring her back in this capacity and not make the most of it seems rather silly imo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

like what? i think in the case of the hammer it is an external object not tied to her and her mythos. there are so many aspects of her power that have not been fleshed out (her ties to magic, her being a goddess, her being a potential omega mutant) so the idea of her having a hammer adds another component that takes away from diving deep into her own potential. all in all, that was not my point. the point I was making is that it would be nice for those who do like stormborn, such as yourself, to actually see her do something other than throw the hammer and shoot lightning. to bring her back in this capacity and not make the most of it seems rather silly imo.
    But the hammer is tied to her mythos as a character and growth. Her losing her powers using a magical hammer to replicate what she has lost plays another big role as Storm being who she is today. As i've said before there is nothing wrong with Storm using this hammer it doesn't undermine her in any way. Not her powers, not her character and not her growth. Yes, there are many things about Storm that hasn't been explored, but if your saying the Hammer takes away her potential so does her Magical Lineage, and her Godhood and her being a Omega Mutant.

If Storm(as we know) is a God, her being a Omega Lvl mutant no longer matters. The same as her being a powerful magic user. I've already explained the use of what the hammer is what it does what it means. It's totally fine if you and a few others don't like it. But the hammer does not undermine her at all. If you think so Cool :0)
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-15-2018 at 01:44 PM.

BANNED

1) On the bolded part, you phrased that very well. This is exactly my problem with the hammer.

2) Regarding the underlined part, that is where you and I disagree. If Storm starts doing extra stuff with that hammer, then writers would be less likely to truly flesh out her powers when she doesn't have it. For instance, let's say she starts opening portals to other dimensions with that hammer. Part of her natural powerset is to be able to shape and control the energies that compose empty space. In other words, opening portals is something that would fit very naturally in her own innate powerset, however, if she starts doing it with the hammer, it may restrict what writers and Marvel will do in developing Storm's own innate power without the hammer. They may seek to weaken and restrict her own natural power to try and show the difference when she has a hammer.

That said, I will always maintain that Storm's own innate power level greatly exceeds that of a hammer.

BANNED

But the hammer is tied to her mythos as a character and growth. Her losing her powers using a magical hammer to replicate what she has lost plays a big role as Storm being who she is today. As i've said before there is nothing wrong with Storm using this hammer it doesn't undermine her in any way. Not her powers, not her character and not her growth. Yes, there are many things about Storm that hasn't been explored, but if your saying the Hammer takes away her potential so does her Magical Lineage, and her Godhood and her being a Omega Mutant.

If Storm(as we know) is a God, her being a Omega Lvl mutant no longer matters. The same as her being a powerful magic user. I've already explained the use of what the hammer is what it does what it means. It's totally fine if you and a few others don't like it. But the hammer does not undermine her at all. If you think so Cool :0)
    The hammer was never tied into her mythos as growth and it was never a major part of her character. She only had it for one storyline back in the 80s because she didn't have her powers at that time. Loki just used it as a means to cause trouble for Thor's standing in Asgard. Really, the story had no lasting affect on Storm's character. Once that story arc was ended, she never held a hammer again until the 2010s that I can recall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The hammer was never tied into her mythos as growth and it was never a major part of her character. She only had it for one storyline back in the 80s because she didn't have her powers at that time. Loki just used it as a means to cause trouble for Thor's standing in Asgard. Really, the story had no lasting affect on Storm's character. Once that story arc was ended, she never held a hammer again until the 2010s that I can recall.
    Yes it did. And i'm not going to debate with you about this because it'll go nowhere and you'll ignore facts
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 05-15-2018 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

Yes it did. And i'm not going to debate with you about this because your biased.
    Un-huh. What impact did the hammer have on her character from the time that story arc ended all the way till the 2010s when she wielded another hammer? Character growth has to do with things like her bond with the Earth fracturing, her going through her punk stage, her being powerless, her knife fight to the death with Callisto etc. These are events that have had lasting effects on her character as when she endured all of those trials, eventhough she did not remain in any of those states (powerless, punk, fractured bond with the Earth), she always rebounded from each of those phases with an added something to her personality that remained a part of the character for decades to come. The Asgardian story was more an isolated event that had no lasting impact on who she is.

And if you really want to play the biased card, then you should practice what you preach. You allow your prejudice in favor of the hammer the cloud your judgement and the way you present your headcanon facts. No, I don't like the hammer, but I am merely being honest about its lack of real impact on the character. Also, I don't care for powerless Storm. In fact, I would have never gotten into the character if I were introduced to her in her powerless, punk phase. However, in spite of that, I duly recognize the significant impact it has had on her character for many years after she went through that phase.

So, my preferences do not stop me from trying to be fair and honest about things. It does, however, with you and your claims about this hammer as well as other things we have debated in the past. So, I would be really careful about calling other posters biased while making the claim their prefereces colors their ability to look at things fairly.

In conclusion, an accurate estimation of your position would be that you like the hammer, and you want to see her use it more. That's all. All of this other business you claim about the hammer being a major part of her mythos and character growth is made up headcanon as it has no real basis in actual canon. If that is your preference, you are welcome to it as you have a right to like what you like. Just be honest when trying to state facts.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-15-2018 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

I’m not reading that BS of a post. Next topic

BANNED

I wouldn't read it either if I were you, especially when the facts are against you.

So, yeah, next topic.

BANNED

1) On the bolded part, you phrased that very well. This is exactly my problem with the hammer.

2) Regarding the underlined part, that is where you and I disagree. If Storm starts doing extra stuff with that hammer, then writers would be less likely to truly flesh out her powers when she doesn't have it. For instance, let's say she starts opening portals to other dimensions with that hammer. Part of her natural powerset is to be able to shape and control the energies that compose empty space. In other words, opening portals is something that would fit very naturally in her own innate powerset, however, if she starts doing it with the hammer, it may restrict what writers and Marvel will do in developing Storm's own innate power without the hammer. They may seek to weaken and restrict her own natural power to try and show the difference when she has a hammer.

That said, I will always maintain that Storm's own innate power level greatly exceeds that of a hammer.
    I just wanted to add to my response that Storm closed Adversary's portal in Black Panther, IIRC. It would stand to reason that she could open portals of her own to other realms if she wanted to, however, nobody has yet had her do this with her powers. Again, if she starts pulling stuff like this with a hammer, for instance, then we may never see her open portals on her own and she may never again be written to be able to close them either without a hammer. For myriad reasons like this, I don't see any upside at all in having her use such an instrument.

I think having Storm using anything outside of her natural powers is silly, to be honest, lol!

But the hammer is tied to her mythos as a character and growth. Her losing her powers using a magical hammer to replicate what she has lost plays another big role as Storm being who she is today. As i've said before there is nothing wrong with Storm using this hammer it doesn't undermine her in any way. Not her powers, not her character and not her growth. Yes, there are many things about Storm that hasn't been explored, but if your saying the Hammer takes away her potential so does her Magical Lineage, and her Godhood and her being a Omega Mutant.

I am aware that she is tied to the hammer and it is in her mythos but it was not something innately tied to her such as he being a mutant (potential omega) and goddess. Loki created the hammer to tie her to stormcaster and ultimately both the hammer and she were tied Loki when she was powerless. And also just a reminder she didnt lose her powers, she just lost her ability to consciously access her power. She inadvertently used her powers several times after she was zapped with Forges hun. Nevertheless, Loki tethered her to the hammer but again it wasnt something that was a part of her like her mutant powers, magic potential and goddess abilities. These were attributes linked to her through birth. So there is a distinct difference between the hammer and the other abilities based upon this.

And her being a god doesnt take away from her potential omega level abilities. Let's look to Magik. When the new mutants were kidnapped during the outback saga and her magik abilities were neutralized, she still had access to her mutant abilities which was to teleport. I would imagine this to be true of storm. the physical application of being able to manipulate energy that results in weather manipulation would be completely different from her ability to use divine power. If she lost the ability somehow to access this latter ability it would no way affect her baseline mutant powers. but we will have to agree to disagree about the hammer. the longer she has the hammer takes away from any development we could see without her having it.

I agree with all you said. I dont like the hammer, but again i wasnt saying it from perspective. for those who do like it (because whether I like it or not she has it) i find it silly that she is just doing the same things she would do without it. aside from the durability she gets from it (which even this has not been clearly shown in gold) I'm not sure what the point of this hammer is. she said it gives her more power but I havent seen how that has been shown. but to be fair rachel has had the same problem. she had a power boost but hasnt done anything that she have done anything as remotely close to the power displays exhibited in previous stories since guggs boosted her. it all is silly.

You are not going to debate it with me because you cannot back up your claim with facts. Tell me, what impact did the hammer have on her character from the time that story arc ended all the way till the 2010s when she wielded another hammer? Character growth has to do with things like her bond with the Earth fracturing, her going through her punk stage, her being powerless, her knife fight to the death with Callisto etc. These are events that have had lasting effects on her character as when she endured all of those trials, eventhough she did not remain in any of those states (powerless, punk, fractured bond with the Earth), she always rebounded from each of those phases with an added something to her personality that remained a part of the character for decades to come. The Asgardian story was more an isolated event that had no lasting impact on who she is.

And if you really want to play the biased card, then you need to look in the mirror. You allow your prejudice in favor of the hammer the cloud your judgement and the way you present your headcanon facts. No, I don't like the hammer, but I am merely being honest about its lack of real impact on the character. Also, I don't care for powerless Storm. In fact, I would have never gotten into the character if I were introduced to her in her powerless, punk phase. However, in spite of that, I duly recognize the significant impact it has had on her character for many years after she went through that phase.

So, my preferences do not stop me from trying to be fair and honest about things. It does, however, with you and your claims about this hammer as well as other things we have debated in the past. So, I would be really careful about calling other posters biased while making the claim their prefereces colors their ability to look at things fairly.

In conclusion, an accurate estimation of your position would be that you like the hammer, and you want to see her use it more. That's all. All of this other business you claim about the hammer being a major part of her mythos and character growth is made up headcanon as it has no real basis in actual canon. If that is your preference, you are welcome to it as you have a right to like what you like. Just be honest when trying to state facts.
    guys we dont have to be hostile with each other. its ok to disagree. (^_^)

BANNED

I wouldn't read it either if I were you, especially when the facts are against you.

So, yeah, next topic.
    Don’t tag me please. The facts are not against me. Every post you make are meaningless and FULL of biased opinion. And FULL of S%*. Your Blind and only see what YOU a wanna see. Too many times I’ve seen people prove you wrong. You worst than that other Storm fan.

So please don’t tag me.