• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I am a little disappointed of RED, although I liked the issue, it seems that they are adopting a bit of the Storm in GOLD, and I think that worse, an Ororo without control that should be more dangerous, is humiliated and subjected almost effortlessly? and by almost all the characters, I'm getting fed up with this marvel situation that seems that more and more they insist on lowering the level power of Ororo.

In the wedding special, Storm appears in the best of the specials, which is Kitty's bachelorette party with the girls, written by Kelly Tompson, and although basically the one with the most dialogue plans is Kitty (obviously) and Rogue, the truth Storm has some fun scenes too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh gurl...
    It is an Abomination and Storm KNOWS IT.

BANNED

Sorry but no. Abslantis is sex personified, he’s probably the only man in the MU on par with Ororo in that regard.

TBH even Logan and Dracula were sexier than T’Challa. Forge too maybe, at least CC era Forge and not that pathetic mess he became after. Not to mention Storm’s conquests on the other side of the gender line (Yukio, tentacle Callisto). BP’s actually on the lower end of her list.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I am a little disappointed of RED, although I liked the issue, it seems that they are adopting a bit of the Storm in GOLD, and I think that worse, an Ororo without control that should be more dangerous, is humiliated and subjected almost effortlessly? and by almost all the characters, I'm getting fed up with this marvel situation that seems that more and more they insist on lowering the level power of Ororo.

In the wedding special, Storm appears in the best of the specials, which is Kitty's bachelorette party with the girls, written by Kelly Tompson, and although basically the one with the most dialogue plans is Kitty (obviously) and Rogue, the truth Storm has some fun scenes too.
    I dont think she was humiliated. that is what has happened in gold. I wish the battle had been different as in through her will power she broke through long enough so.that jean could remove the sentinites but it was handled fine I think. it's quite obvious storm could have taken everyone out but that would go against the plot and this issue wrapping up with most of the team members onboard.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Sorry but no. Abslantis is sex personified, he’s probably the only man in the MU on par with Ororo in that regard.

TBH even Logan and Dracula were sexier than T’Challa. Forge too maybe, at least CC era Forge and not that pathetic mess he became after. Not to mention Storm’s conquests on the other side of the gender line (Yukio, tentacle Callisto). BP’s actually on the lower end of her list.
    not only is he sexier but he has the mind and nation to back up all his sexiness. all those other characters are none factors. that is why she is tchalla forever.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post

It was anticlimatic, to be honest. Also, it seems as if Storm is being written without her mental defenses. Without them, Jean could take her down quickly with a psychic attack. You also have to think if Storm were written with her mental defenses in place, and cutting up ruthlessly, it would create a massive problem for the writer for him to come up with a way for Jean and her team to take Storm down. It would have been impossible as Storm would have been virtually unstoppable. So, while I share a lot of your feelings, I'm able to set it aside in this instance, though, as I was telling StormPhoenix, I seriously doubt Storm will have her mental defenses in this title. That said, the only writer right now who is acknowledging Storm's defenses against psychic attacks is Coates. Guggenheim just had Mesmero put the whammy on her mind a few issues ago in Gold, and we have seen two telepaths effortlessly get into Storm's head already in Red (Nova and Jean).
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-16-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Was reading Red again and was touched by this subtle little moment between T'Challa and Ororo, and I don't even feel any sort of way about the pairing.

Attachment 65977
    Last edited by ariwl1; 05-16-2018 at 09:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

Gurl, bye. Namor is definitely sexy, but T'Challa is people's magazine sexiest man alive six times running. Namor ain't touching that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    How dare you use my scan against T'challa and Storm's love? That blasphemous act truly is an abomination

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Was reading Red again and was touched by this subtle little moment between T'Challa and Ororo, and I don't even feel any sort of way about the pairing.

Attachment 65977
    I called the fact that Jean would use BP to get into Storm's mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not only is he sexier but he has the mind and nation to back up all his sexiness. all those other characters are none factors. that is why she is tchalla forever.
    He also built a room to trap and imprison her. And had their marriage annulled behind her back. Lies and betrayal is soooo sexy.

It blows my mind that Storm fans can’t see she deserves better than that xenophobic tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    As much as I love Emma Frost (she is one of my top 5 favorite characters), Storm doesn't need her leftovers. I used to be open to a Storm/Namor pairing years ago up until he got with Emma.
    Emma? but if she is used to taking the leftovers from around the world.

I take the overs of Sue Storm, and then I take the leftovers of Jean lol.

Can they pleeeeeeease take Storm out of Gold? He tried of gabby and x23 and replace them with Storm and Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Can they pleeeeeeease take Storm out of Gold? He tried of gabby and x23 and replace them with Storm and Gambit.
    Gold’s probably ending with #36 anyway. Presumably replaced by (Hickman’s?) Uncanny X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    It was anticlimatic, to be honest. Also, it seems as if Storm is being written without her mental defenses. Without them, Jean could take her down quickly with a psychic attack. You also have to think if Storm were written with her mental defenses in place, and cutting up ruthlessly, it would create a massive problem for the writer for him to come up with a way for Jean and her team to take Storm down. It would have been impossible as Storm would have been virtually unstoppable. So, while I share a lot of your feelings, I'm able to set it aside in this instance, though, as I was telling StormPhoenix, I seriously doubt Storm will have her mental defenses in this title. That said, the only writer right now who is acknowledging Storm's defenses against psychic attacks is Coates. Guggenheim just had Mesmero put the whammy on her mind a few issues ago in Gold, and we have seen two telepaths effortlessly get into Storm's head already in Red (Nova and Jean).
    Well do not exaggerate, Jean's telepathy is quite powerful, like her TK, they will be fairly evenly matched, and I do not know which of the two has more chances to win.

But yes, this Issue bothers me a bit, it's a Storm that is not being controlled, and it should be more dangerous than what they showed, and we have Jean submitting it extremely easily, but not before making it clear that Trinary could have defeated I also pray, then we see how Gentle blocks really easily a mega download of Storm, this should not be a mistake if gentle was a super strong full, gentle is extremely strong, but his body is not as strong as many think, that is not invulnerable, but if gentle instead of blocking he wanted to crush it, he would have done it.

And to finish X-23 knocks her out.

I really saw Storm too vulnerable and subjected too easy, and practically made it vulnerable all the members of that team, it must have cost a little more if it was a Storm that is not being controlled. It was a little lol for me.

I also expected an epic battle between Jean and Ororo, not what they gave us where Jean is indistinctly as the best in that confrontation, and without effort.