10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Why? Cassie Nova is an Omega level telepath alien parasite. What can Storm's powers do to her?
    Dont do it...dont do it! LOL

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    ...and this is all after Jean one-shotted Storm.

There is a lot of that coming as he has already stated in a tweet that it's Jean that Cassie Nova fears, not Ororo. Canonically, the reverse is what should be the case, but it's not.
    Cassandra Nova has already faced off against Storm once, which is ultimately likely part of the reason that she picked her here a well as being Jean's best friend. Storm couldn't do anything against her. Psylocke needed to do all the heavy lifting.

Casanova has faced Jean too but Jean was crucial in defeating her, and now Jean is the strongest telepath on the planet BESIDES her. There's a reason that Jean is the one that Cassandra fears and it makes sense, especially canonically.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    how are two black people together racist? this sounds kinda anti-black if you asked me
    It is anti black and peep what was said.. its too radical.. What the hell is too radical about black people fictional or otherwise loving each other? That's my real question.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Cassandra Nova has already faced off against Storm once, which is ultimately likely part of the reason that she picked her here a well as being Jean's best friend. Storm couldn't do anything against her. Psylocke needed to do all the heavy lifting.

Casanova has faced Jean too but Jean was crucial in defeating her, and now Jean is the strongest telepath on the planet BESIDES her. There's a reason that Jean is the one that Cassandra fears and it makes sense, especially canonically.
    Cassandra has never met Storm prior to this arc

I've always accepted that Ororo can be harmed by lightning. It's happened several times in comics that it is not a mistake or even an error by the writer. It's cannon I can easily accept.

Didn't Storm and Cassandra meet in X-Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Didn't they meet in X-Force?
    that was an AR Nova, not the current one in Red which was dealt with in New X-men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Why? Cassie Nova is an Omega level telepath alien parasite. What can Storm's powers do to her?
    Ororo can shut down her nervous system with a passing thought by controlling the electrical impulses in her brain (same as she did to Sinister). She can batter her senseless (or even to death) with elemental barrages (we have seen Storm lift skyscrapers on her winds, knock back tsunami waves that weighed a million tons=1 billion pounds coming at her at hundreds and hundreds of miles per hour, we have seen Storm redirect the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, we have seen her blow up a Herald of Galactus, she just one-shotted Adversary recently in Black Panther nearly disintegrating him with her attack, she has destroyed near-Godzilla-sized monsters made up of vibranium with the force of her elemental fury, she can freeze the veins and heart in Nova's body, or control the air in her lungs, she can manipulate the pressure inside of Nova).

Here, we see Nova easily best Jean telepathically:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/3vVzxUlKtqa...HjDg0_MB=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/9tQQzaysVU5...MLRolwA8=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/8yZ2S2awi3Y...RgXBlI0t=s1600

Jean does manage to separate her from Logan with a creative use of her TK powers, but doesn't even slow Nova down.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/CIh2n42PSB9...dfM6y4dI=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Bw-QrkWq_ba...x7SVnv9D=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/0dd_84oku5z...sTk16GOo=s1600

and then Emma strikes:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/k493CbI4tnW...g21thBjk=s1600

Well, now she fears Jean and not Ororo, huh? When Storm has been able to defeat psis stronger than Nova...

Looks like a lot of canon is about to be ignored for Jean in this story arc.

Mighty Member

I think under certain instances lighting can harm her but not kill hurt or hurt her seriously.. I think that while all (or most ) high level energy manipulators have immunity to energy or energies that they command, sometimes feedback and stress of using their powers can be too much. Telepaths often get backlash, and can be hurt my psionic energy, the same seems to happen to Magneto and Polaris..

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Well, now she fears Jean and not Ororo, huh? When Storm has been able to defeat psis stronger than Nova...
    I think people took that line too literally. Nova fears what Jean represents and thats a strong proponent of Xavier's dream. Jean was working to make things better for mutantkind, whereas Nova has been more interested in making things worse bc she hates Xavier and wants to destroy his legacy. She isnt taking Jean on but rather destroying her reputation and doing her best to make the world hate mutants more than they already do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I think under certain instances lighting can harm her but not kill hurt or hurt her seriously.. I think that while all (or most ) high level energy manipulators have immunity to energy or energies that they command, sometimes feedback and stress of using their powers can be too much. Telepaths often get backlash, and can be hurt my psionic energy, the same seems to happen to Magneto and Polaris..
    The examples you are using with Magneto and telepaths are not the same as Ororo.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Ogq4jijuX18...lIX7jyvJ=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ygn5s7GAPlq...2rstW8lc=s1600

The reason Storm is being affected by the elements here is only because her bond with the Earth was fractured at this point and it took her time to reconnect with the Earth. Over the years, the lag time it took her to connect with the universe around her diminished greatly meaning she could bond far more quickly.

I suppose the lightning thing is about whether you believe Storm is completely immune to lightning or just highly resistant.

Her being highly resistant would match up with most of her showings and she would definitely be able to overpower her own resistance.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that was an AR Nova, not the current one in Red which was dealt with in New X-men
    Did Taylor confirm this? Because otherwise I'm treating them both as identical.

Either way, Cassandra Nova is Cassandra Nova so even if they haven't met (which is fine, it only hurts the argument of that being why Storm was picked), we still know that Ororo can do nothing against her and likely, so does Cassandra.

Also, Rutog, I think you're massively underestimating Cassandra Nova. Her psychic powers are basically the strongest on the planet. Even more than, or as a match to, Jean's - which we've seen in issue one and issue four of Red to be incredibly skilled and formidable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Did Taylor confirm this? Because otherwise I'm treating them both as identical.

Either way, Cassandra Nova is Cassandra Nova so even if they haven't met (which is fine, it only hurts the argument of that being why Storm was picked), we still know that Ororo can do nothing against her and likely, so does Cassandra.
    Based on what? Nova could be affect by fire, hence when Jean telekinetic oxygen combustion trick threw her away from Logan and did damage to her armored suit. Lightning>>>Fire.

Also, Nova has no way of withstanding Storm's internal attacks, not to mention Storm has a MASSIVE advantage over Cassie Nova when it comes to physical powers plus Ororo's mental defenses which have bested psis stronger than Nova. On the other hand, we have already seen Nova easily take down Jean telepathically, and her TK was barely able to even slow Nova down.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-16-2018 at 10:58 AM.

How many times has Storm been successfully mind-controlled? I can only think of a few times:

- The Mojo annual where she got turned into an X-baby.
    - The X-tinction agenda where she got turned into a mutate.
    - The Asgard Wars story with the hammer (though she broke out of that on her own eventually).

There were several telepaths that tried and failed to control her (Nanny, Psylocke under Nanny's control, Shadow King, Skrull-Xavier, etc).

I stopped reading regularly after Claremont left, so I don't know how the later writers have treated Storm's indomitable will, so maybe that's not canon anymore.