• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Meh. The bolt didn't hit her anyway so I don't care. If it had and actually hurt her then THAT would be a problem. So until shown otherwise she's still immune to lightning
    yes bish yesh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Storm wasn't thinking straight. "She knows lightning can't hurt her"... Well, she also knows that mutants aren't abominations and that she shouldn't kill them or herself LOL. If she had actually gotten hurt, there would be more reason to criticize that I guess, but she wasn't. You can just assume Nezhno didn't knew about it and live in peace with that.
    I can live with this too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Die of illness? Does Storm, the earth mother,walker of clouds keeper of the gate even get sick naturally? Cause I don't even think Storm has even caught a damn cold lmao
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Die of illness? Does Storm, the earth mother,walker of clouds keeper of the gate even get sick naturally? Cause I don't even think Storm has even caught a damn cold lmao
    I think there was one instance when she was infected by brood when she stated she has never been ill.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think there was one instance when she was infected by brood when she stated she has never been ill.
    Exactly. I honestly don't think she'll get sick unless some outside force makes it happen
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

I agree she should be immune to all aspects of the power she wields

my dear make way for the truth and light. it must be upheld in the era of the era of the hadari yao.

I'm sorry but you are wrong here. since she has been born she has had limits. she lost her powers, lost her parents, lost her husband, was helpless to stop the extinction and steeilization of mutants due to a cloud. she also can die to illness, be shot and killed by a bullet. the thing is no one is saying she shouldn't have limits but you are imposing limits on her that dont align with canon. how would you feel if some of the upgrades sue got be dialed back to when she first appeared?
    This is how you tell the truth with some cheese in it. Oop...
    gurl yes and boom
    "I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits."

Exactly. I honestly don't think she'll get sick unless some outside force makes it happen
    I mean if Pestilence were to touch her, she'd easily be at the point of near death

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Even gods have limits! Look at Thor! It's more interesting that way. All I've been saying is that it has been shown that she can't beat Cassandra Nova and the ways that Rutog has been insisting would work simply wouldn't - the primary one being the lightning, because Cassandra doesn't have a body to speak of.
    so limits should be her being able to be hurt by lightning ? and I'm not sure what rut said but storm is what can be described as a hax character. if written to her fullest capability most characters wouldn't win. not all but that's obvious.

exactly but the point is she can be beaten. people in here talking like she go super saiyan god lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    This is how you tell the truth with some cheese in it. Oop...

"I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits."
    lmfao I'm screaming not cheese lololol

and please remind them.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

so limits should be her being able to be hurt by lightning ? and I'm not sure what rut said but storm is what can be described as a hax character. if written to her fullest capability most characters wouldn't win. not all but that's obvious.
    I wasn't in on the lightning conversation. Like I said, I have no preference there or leg in the race. Red didn't bother me but it not hurting her doesn't bother me either.

I don't mind Storm being powerful at all but I like it when characters have challenges and I just think that Cassandra is the perfect challenge for most characters, Storm included.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wasn't in on the lightning conversation. Like I said, I have no preference there or leg in the race. Red didn't bother me but it not hurting her doesn't bother me either.

I don't mind Storm being powerful at all but I like it when characters have challenges and I just think that Cassandra is the perfect challenge for most characters, Storm included.
    what about her will power? do you think this showing was respectful to what has been demonstrated in canon?

I'm sorry but you are wrong here. since she has been born she has had limits. she lost her powers, lost her parents, lost her husband, was helpless to stop the extinction and steeilization of mutants due to a cloud. she also can die to illness, be shot and killed by a bullet. the thing is no one is saying she shouldn't have limits but you are imposing limits on her that dont align with canon. how would you feel if some of the upgrades sue got be dialed back to when she first appeared?
    Nope I'm not wrong as I said "what we think should be her limits may be different" and that's ok as it's down to personal preference. I think she is resistant to lightning and you think she is completely immune, that is just one limit I believe she has but it's not one I'm going to fight tooth and nail for.

But I 100% stand by the fact that every character needs and should have limits. An example of this is Franklin Richards who sometimes has no limits and that can ruin stories. There are no stakes, no growth and things get boring fast. That's why the kid is constantly depowered in some way or another. Limits are needed.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-16-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

what about her will power? do you think this showing was respectful to what has been demonstrated in canon?
    I think that given what we know about sentinites that the will power thing is a moot point. They take away any and all autonomy from anyone no matter who they. They'd probably even work on a green lantern, whose powers are entirely based on will.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Nope I'm not wrong as I said "what we think should be her limits may be different" and that's ok as it's down to personal preference. I think she is resistant to lightning and you think she is completely immune, that is just one limit I believe she has but it's not one I'm going to fight tooth and nail for.

But I 100% stand by the fact that every character needs and should have limits. An example of this is Franklin Richards who sometimes has no limits and that can ruin stories. There are no stakes, no growth and things get boring fast. That's why the kid is constantly depowered in some way or another. Limits are needed.
    you said she needs to limits, she needs to lose and needs room to grow. all of those things exist with her as she now.

here's the thing, I dont think sue should be able to block anything beyond the thing power level. I dont think Sue's shield should be able to bust through a celestial armor, or withstand multiple punches from hulk, block Jean's telepathy, or do be able to block Johnny storm shield. her shield is way too powerful and doesn't demonstrate a limitation on her ability. but I'm sure you love all of those showings and even point to them to demonstrate how powerful she is, right? so why do you want to impose limits on storm when she has shown growth in this aeea, something you said all characters should have yet you want sue to be the biggest baddest b!tch??? it says in canon she is immune and yet you keep arguing she is resistant to it. you are pointing to outdated showings trying to ignore the more recent which clearly states she is immune, because she needs limits? I hope you are applying this same logic with sue but I'm most confident you are not. are limits only good when it doesnt apply to your fave?? please help me understand.

I like how you ignored my point about sue though. I see u boo.

I think that given what we know about sentinites that the will power thing is a moot point. They take away any and all autonomy from anyone no matter who they. They'd probably even work on a green lantern, whose powers are entirely based on will.
    no it's not moot. storm powerless was able to resist the influence of malice where her teammates with their powers were not. storm was able to resist the influence of Dracula and being turned into a vampire after he beat her. I know Cassandra is powerful but it is nothing she did that she shouldn't have been able to overcome on her own.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-16-2018 at 04:09 PM.

no it's not moot. storm powerless was able to resist the influence of malice where her teammates with their powers were not. storm was able to resist the influence of Dracula and being turned into a vampire after he beat her. I know Cassandra is powerful but it is nothing she did that she shouldn't have been able to overcome on her own.
    However, the sentinites have nothing to really do with Cassandra beyond conceptualization: it has to do with Forge. Forge is the person who was able to create the machine to take away Ororo's powers in the first place, completely until she overcame it. So I have no doubt that when he made the sentinites he took Ororo's mental fortitude into account and made them so that they would be able to overcome anyone's will. Plus - she WAS asleep.