10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I need Asrar to release the full costume sketch and also the Charest cover of issue 7.
    Preach. And Taylor said the cover is stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

what limits does she have on a field that can block hits from the hulk and break through a celestial shield and even block jeans telekinesis?? do u have issue with her shield being able to these things considering she initially could not?

you are taking about probability that has no basis in what has actually occurred in canon. gods powers are based upon how many people believe in the god. so there is a condition that limits her. additionally ororo herself doesnt care about being a god, mutant whatever. she is always going to work to not unnecessarily disrupt the natural order of things, which talks to her self imposed limits. again no one is saying she should be this unstoppable force but as a goddess she should be out of the category of some categories including all the current cast of xmen and even she. if thor can be a successful hero in marvel why cant storm experience similar treatment?

Her force-fields can still break and have limits.

I'm not saying Storm shouldn't grow, I'm refuting fans who want her to be limitless which has been mentioned in this thread. Of course with her power-up it means a change in enemies, all I am saying is that she shouldn't on the level of adult Franklin Richards or Molecule Man. Taking her too far would limit the amount of possible stories you can tell with her that's all I am saying. Your heroes should always be weaker than your enemies in some way, whether it's intellectually or power based. A character who is too powerful limits the amount of people who are a challenge to them and makes things boring fast. Huge scale world/universe changing threats are only good when used sporadically and a character who is only threatened by those loses steam really fast.

On to another topic: Storm shouldn't have too many enemies tied to other characters, give her a unique rogues gallery and supporting cast. A lot of potential solo characters suffer from using overused villains that are associated with other characters. A character may use Loki in their book but he will always be a Thor villain first and foremost and it will never be as interesting as his history with Thor. Storm's book should avoid using these villains in the beginning. It should set up her own villains and own section of the MU.

Like I've said before it should be heavily focused on African Gods and folklore (something that I should read up on more lol). Like a good supporting cast member could be Anansi the spider, he would be a interesting character whose motivations change depending on his goals. One minute he's an ally, the next an enemy depending on what he wants. His design could also be interesting, having a Spider form and a human form. He is only one possible character and there are a plethora of others bursting with potential perfect for Storm that would set her apart from Thor and other God-like characters. There is so much potential that it's exciting to think about.

Also, something else I've been thinking about is that Storm should struggle to maintain her humanity. A mortal becoming a God has unique story potential that should be explored like; the expectations on a God from both mortals and other Gods, how the power of a God tends to harden your heart (there's a reason why most deities are assholes), and many more things. There should be some really bad negative sides to being a God.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-17-2018 at 04:27 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glints View Post
    Excuse the newbie posting and my first but I must ask a question. I just started reading X-Treme X-men on Marvel unlimited and I have a question. Storm and Gambit have an affair while Rogue is depowered? I’m not sure I missed a cross over issue or that actually happened. On a side note I love the new costume and Jean and Ro’ back together.
    As far as we know they only kissed but there could have been more going on behind panels. My take on it is that Claremont (the writer) tried to depict a VERY close type of skinship given how happy he portrayed Gambit and Rogue's relationship in both that title and in its kinda sequel "X-Men: The End". He could also have been trying to introduce some conflict at the time or maybe even leaving a door open for switching couples along the road, we'll probably never know. Fun thing is, we now know Rogue found out about that kiss sometime along the way (Most likely just after the end of X-Treme X-Men) thanks to the recent Rogue and Gambit limited series. Hope that helped.

BANNED

I actually like this Costume WAY better than Golds. I LOVE the Ponytail very cool.

Also this costume reminds me off this Costume:
    Attachment 66002

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Her force-fields can still break and have limits.

I'm not saying Storm shouldn't grow, I'm refuting fans who want her to be limitless which has been mentioned in this thread. Of course with her power-up it means a change in enemies, all I am saying is that she shouldn't on the level of adult Franklin Richards or Molecule Man. Taking her too far would limit the amount of possible stories you can tell with her that's all I am saying. Your heroes should always be weaker than your enemies in some way, whether it's intellectually or power based. A character who is too powerful limits the amount of people who are a challenge to them and makes things boring fast. Huge scale world/universe changing threats are only good when used sporadically and a character who is only threatened by those loses steam really fast.

On to another topic: Storm shouldn't have too many enemies tied to other characters, give her a unique rogues gallery and supporting cast. A lot of potential solo characters suffer from using overused villains that are associated with other characters. A character may use Loki in their book but he will always be a Thor villain first and foremost and it will never be as interesting as his history with Thor. Storm's book should avoid using these villains in the beginning. It should set up her own villains and own section of the MU.

Like I've said before it should be heavily focused on African Gods and folklore (something that I should read up on more lol). Like a good supporting cast member could be Anansi the spider, he would be a interesting character whose motivations change depending on his goals. One minute he's an ally, the next an enemy depending on what he wants. His design could also be interesting, having a Spider form and a human form. He is only one possible character and there are a plethora of others bursting with potential perfect for Storm that would set her apart from Thor and other God-like characters. There is so much potential that it's exciting to think about.

Also, something else I've been thinking about is that Storm should struggle to maintain her humanity. A mortal becoming a God has unique story potential that should be explored like; the expectations on a God from both mortals and other Gods, how the power of a God tends to harden your heart (there's a reason why most deities are assholes), and many more things. There should be some really bad negative sides to being a God.

her forece fields can contain hulk, break celestial armor.... where is the limit?

and who said she should be limitless. we started our exchange because you mentioned she should be resistant against lightning even though her solo established she was immune. you mentioned characters should grow but in this instance you want growth to be stifled. you say because she needs limits but the thing is even with immunityagsinst lightning there are still many other ways she can be defeated. so I'm still trying to understand how she doesnt hsve limits.

your other points I'm in alignment to.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

her forece fields can contain hulk, break celestial armor.... where is the limit?

and who said she should be limitless. we started our exchange because you mentioned she should be resistant against lightning even though her solo established she was immune. you mentioned characters should grow but in this instance you want growth to be stifled. you say because she needs limits but the thing is even with immunityagsinst lightning there are still many other ways she can be defeated. so I'm still trying to understand how she doesnt hsve limits.

your other points I'm in alignment to.
    Her last appearance had her force-field break and leading to her dying during the incursions. She has some high end feats but who doesn't? Her shields can and have been broken.

I said that the belief on how she is limited in her powers differs for each fan, the lightning thing is my personal belief in how her powers should work. You don't agree and that's perfectly OK, fans don't have to agree on everything. My statement that every character should have limits was answered with a reference to where she says she has none. Some fans want her limitless and that's understandable as fans usually want the best for their character, I'm just saying that it should never happen. I've never said that Storm has never had limits just that with her being a Goddess now it's important that writers don't take things too far to the point where story potential is hampered.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-17-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Her last appearance had her force-field break and leading to her dying during the incursions. She has some high end feats but who doesn't? Her shields can and have been broken.

I said that the belief on how she is limited in her powers differs for each fan, the lightning thing is my personal belief in how her powers should work. You don't agree and that's perfectly OK, fans don't have to agree on everything. My statement that every character should have limits was answered with a reference to where she says she has none. Some fans want her limitless and that's understandable as fans usually want the best for their character. I've never said that Storm has never had limits just that with her being a Goddess now it's important that writers don't take things too far to the point where story potential is hampered.
    I'm curious though do you think her fields being able to contain hulk and break celestial armor demonstrates that her fields are essentially indestructible. Do you think her abilities should be scaled back because how she can grow as character power wise if her fields are already at this level.

I'm not saying you have to agree love. I'm simply trying to understand your thought process. you seem fine with limiting storm while accepting the limitless application of sites power. it just seem a bit inconsistent to me. and canonically speaking of she were to fully embrace her full potential she wouldn't have limits but the thing is she never has done so. so I think the whole conversation of her having limits is moot as she has them. even with the goddess upgrade its contingent on who believes in her and she doesnt hsve as many followers as thor. so even here we have conditions on how her powers would work.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okay, but seriously. This costume. The regal collar, the dipping neckline, the ponytail invoking but not remaking the mohawk, what appears to be a full cape as opposed to one attached to her wrists... yesssss. This is such a good look, maybe even my favorite.
    Although, personally, I wouldn't have minded a touch of red, in the lining of her cape perhaps...I love that Asrar kept her iconic Black and Gold scheme and he gave her pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Although, personally, I wouldn't have minded a touch of red, in the lining of her cape perhaps...I love that Asrar kept her iconic Black and Gold scheme and he gave her pants.
    I have no complaints about the look. k especially love the neckline and the ponytail really seals the deal 4 me.

Are you guys fine with her not keeping the tiara?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Are you guys fine with her not keeping the tiara?
    I am I just love the pony so much. i think the tiara would actually be a little tooo much here.

I'm curious though do you think her fields being able to contain hulk and break celestial armor demonstrates that her fields are essentially indestructible. Do you think her abilities should be scaled back because how she can grow as character power wise if her fields are already at this level.

I'm not saying you have to agree love. I'm simply trying to understand your thought process. you seem fine with limiting storm while accepting the limitless application of sites power. it just seem a bit inconsistent to me. and canonically speaking of she were to fully embrace her full potential she wouldn't have limits but the thing is she never has done so. so I think the whole conversation of her having limits is moot as she has them. even with the goddess upgrade its contingent on who believes in her and she doesnt hsve as many followers as thor. so even here we have conditions on how her powers would work.
    Her force-fields can only contain Hulk for a short while and the Celestial feats are about her force-fields coming from the same source as Celestials. Those are just her higher end feats and there are weaknesses to her force-fields. Sue's power isn't limitless as I have said many times.

I was sharing a concern about a possible outcome from her newfound Godhood, you don't think there is a reason to be concerned and that's OK. I don't think my concerns are unfounded or moot and there is nothing wrong with me sharing my view. That's what happens when you have a lot of people with different opinions, they have different takes on a character and no one is really wrong when it comes to subjective things like this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. I am 100% absolutely fine with her ditching the tiara.

Her force-fields can only contain Hulk for a short while and the Celestial feats are about her force-fields coming from the same source as Celestials. Those are just her higher end feats and there are weaknesses to her force-fields. Sue's power isn't limitless as I have said many times.

I was sharing a concern about a possible outcome from her newfound Godhood, you don't think there is a reason to be concerned and that's OK. I don't think my concerns are unfounded or moot and there is nothing wrong with me sharing my view. That's what happens when you have a lot of people with different opinions, they have different takes on a character and no one is really wrong when it comes to subjective things like this.
    I don't recall that showing with the hulk I saw stating she could only hold him for period of time. and her energy fields containing the same energy of that of celestials sounds pretty limitless to me. but if you believe that they have limits even with showings like the ones I mentioned then fair enough.

who said it's something wrong with sharing your view? please dont get me addressing flaws in your argument as saying you are not entitled to them. you made mentioned initially that a character should have limits, should be beatable, and should be able to grow. I simply explained to you based upon her showings I dont dre how any of these things are of issue. furthermore I added if you didnt see issue with sue and her abilities I dont understand how you are finding issue with storm, as she is arguably one of the strongest women in the mu.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    It is anti black and peep what was said.. its too radical.. What the hell is too radical about black people fictional or otherwise loving each other? That's my real question.
    You're shaking the table!!!!