10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't recall that showing with the hulk I saw stating she could only hold him for period of time. and her energy fields containing the same energy of that of celestials sounds pretty limitless to me. but if you believe that they have limits even with showings like the ones I mentioned then fair enough.

who said it's something wrong with sharing your view? please dont get me addressing flaws in your argument as saying you are not entitled to them. you made mentioned initially that a character should have limits, should be beatable, and should be able to grow. I simply explained to you based upon her showings I dont dre how any of these things are of issue. furthermore I added if you didnt see issue with sue and her abilities I dont understand how you are finding issue with storm, as she is arguably one of the strongest women in the mu.
    Every time she holds back the Hulk it's always for a limited time before he overpowers her. The Hyper space reveal hasn't really done anything to her powers besides let her effect Celestials, it hasn't boosted her power or anything like that. She is powerful but not one of the most powerful in the MU.

It's the fact that you called my point moot when it's not. I've explained why I have my concerns and the reason why characters should have limits. If you don't get where I'm coming from then that's fine, fans aren't going to understand and agree on everything. I feel like we are just going to go around in circles and it's best if we discuss other things like the possible cast in the Storm solo.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Every time she holds back the Hulk it's always for a limited time before he overpowers her. The Hyper space reveal hasn't really done anything to her powers besides let her effect Celestials, it hasn't boosted her power or anything like that. She is powerful but not one of the most powerful in the MU.

It's the fact that you called my point moot when it's not. I've explained why I have my concerns and the reason why characters should have limits. If you don't get where I'm coming from then that's fine, fans aren't going to understand and agree on everything. I feel like we are just going to go around in circles and it's best if we discuss other things like the possible cast in the Storm solo.
    as is storm. maybe I misinterpreted your initial point. you seemed to imply that since storm was immune to lightning she somehow didnt hsve linits. then it went from since she is a god then she would be limitless. I get there is a potential for these things. that is true with any character. but your initial point seemed to imply that she didnt hsve limits solely on the basis of her being immune to lightning, which I corrected and explained even if she is immune and a goddess there are many other ways she can be hurt. my intentions was never to say you are not entitled to your opinion but simply to correct misconceotions around her being limitless in terms of power, her ability to grow as well as be beaten. now if you still think with all of this discussion her being immune to lightning equates to her being limitless in power then we can agree ri disagree and move on. and fair enough with the going in circles. I think we have both expressed our points well enough.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    as is storm. maybe I misinterpreted your initial point. you seemed to imply that since storm was immune to lightning she somehow didnt hsve linits. then it went from since she is a god then she would be limitless. I get there is a potential for these things. that is true with any character. but your initial point seemed to imply that she didnt hsve limits solely on the basis of her being immune to lightning, which I corrected and explained even if she is immune and a goddess there are many other ways she can be hurt. my intentions was never to say you are not entitled to your opinion but simply to correct misconceotions around her being limitless in terms of power, her ability to grow as well as be beaten. now if you still think with all of this discussion her being immune to lightning equates to her being limitless in power then we can agree ri disagree and move on. and fair enough with the going in circles. I think we have both expressed our points well enough.
    Oh. My limit statement was not really about the lightning immunity, she can have that and still have limits. I just personally prefer her being highly resistant which is only a step down from immunity so I wouldn't get bent out of shape if she's completely immune. The limit thing is in response to her newfound Godhood.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Oh. My limit statement was not really about the lightning immunity, she can have that and still have limits. I just personally prefer her being highly resistant which is only a step down from immunity so I wouldn't get bent out of shape if she's completely immune. The limit thing is in response to her newfound Godhood.
    gotcha boo. I think it will be handled fine. I don't see the xoffices honestly going too crazy with this but time will tell.

now back to this solo. I'm curious what direction they will go in. it's very sign that xmen red is talking about her being a goddess so that may be the angle but I'm curious to what degree in xmen red will we really see her apply these powers.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    You're shaking the table!!!!
    The table has been shooketh!

Storm appearance in Deadpool 2.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3-56cg9cI/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Storm appearance in Deadpool 2.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3-56cg9cI/
    I must be blind because I don't see Storm. Cute girl in a white wig sure, but I don't see Storm.

Amazing, Ororo+Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    It is anti black and peep what was said.. its too radical.. What the hell is too radical about black people fictional or otherwise loving each other? That's my real question.
    why am i just seeing this?? great and epic post.

Quote Originally Posted by Glints View Post
    Excuse the newbie posting and my first but I must ask a question. I just started reading X-Treme X-men on Marvel unlimited and I have a question. Storm and Gambit have an affair while Rogue is depowered? I’m not sure I missed a cross over issue or that actually happened. On a side note I love the new costume and Jean and Ro’ back together.
    A real adventure, the truth was not there, or there are no clear elements to say that there was.

I felt that Storm was interested (the scene on the lake in Xtreme), but in Xtreme I think it makes it clear that he loves Rogue , so I associated him more with Gambit only being flirtatious with Ororo, but I also made it clear who It was the girl that he likes and to which his heart belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    A real adventure, the truth was not there, or there are no clear elements to say that there was.

I felt that Storm was interested (the scene on the lake in Xtreme), but in Xtreme I think it makes it clear that he loves Rogue , so I associated him more with Gambit only being flirtatious with Ororo, but I also made it clear who It was the girl that he likes and to which his heart belongs.
    that is accurate:

did we ever find out what something she was reminded of. lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-17-2018 at 11:28 PM.

storm fans.. this is a question for the more seasoned readers who know the ends and outs of how her powers work.

so check this out:

Attachment 66031

do you agree here with Taylor's assumption about how her powers work? canon establishes she cant be directly harmed by the elements. the time she has been have been when the power was returned to her in larger Quantities she couldn't account for or when she was surprised but based upon your knowledge does this make any sense?

BANNED

Deleted post...
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-18-2018 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'm just going to repost what I said in the other thread here:
    what about the idea of the sentinites corrupting her? we have seen that her powers are disrupted when she is possessed by things or when she is not in communion to the elements.