• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what about the idea of the sentinites corrupting her? we have seen that her powers are disrupted when she is possessed by things or when she is not in communion to the elements.
    Technically, Storm has been controlled by nanites before in canon. Personally, I don't think it makes any sense given the huge amounts of electrical energy she generates and channels. It should short circuit the nanites, but it doesn't. So, I never really complain about nanites working on Ororo as they seem to work on everyone. That said, her mind being altered should not affect her immunity as that is dependent on her bond with the universal life force around her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Technically, Storm has been controlled by nanites before in canon. Personally, I don't think it makes any sense given the huge amounts of electrical energy she generates and channels. It should short circuit the nanites, but it doesn't. So, I never really complain about nanites working on Ororo as they seem to work on everyone. That said, her mind being altered should not affect her immunity as that is dependent on her bond with the universal life force around her.
    I agree I was just trying to make this rationale make sense in regards to areas where she has been affected by her powers in the past. there are few times but in each instance she was not herself in someone, either corrupted or not physically healthy or something. I don't see this being the same.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I agree I was just trying to make this rationale make sense in regards to areas where she has been affected by her powers in the past. there are few times but in each instance she was not herself in someone, either corrupted or not physically healthy or something. I don't see this being the same.
    Even when Storm is corrupted, she still maintains her ability to not be harmed by the weather. Case in point, during Inferno, the X-Men were not themselves due to the corruption that was poisoning the city, however, Storm was still impervious to Iceman's cold temperatures.

That said, I agree with you on the other points where she can be harmed by the weather if she has not yet bonded with the universal life force around her, or she is injured in such a way that her powers are affected (such as the Invasion Arc of X-Treme X-Men), or other such extenuating circumstances. And you are right, what happened in Red #4 was not the same as these circumstances.

What this writer has done is simply taken a different perspective on Ororo's powers. It's not the same as Pak's or Claremont's (well, in the case of Claremont, he was all over the place as he went back and forth on a whim depending on what he felt were the needs of the story). So, for Taylor's run, Storm is not going to be immune to lightning. During Pak's run, she was immune to it. Now, we just know what to expect in terms of Storm-writing for X-Men Red.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-18-2018 at 02:29 AM.

did we ever find out what something she was reminded of. lol
    XD, I love that Remy and Storm seem to be comfortable kissing.

In the Xtreme I think it was just something of flirting, but at least Remy seemed to have no intention of going any further, Storm because I do not know the truth, but I do not pass that.

In GOLD, well Remy there was single lol.

Now that Rogue and Remy seem to be fine and left all the trash behind in RogueandGambit mini, I hope for god, that no writer would think of making another love triangle.

XD.

Even when Storm is corrupted, she still maintains her ability to not be harmed by the weather. Case in point, during Inferno, the X-Men were not themselves due to the corruption that was poisoning the city, however, Storm was still impervious to Iceman's cold temperatures.

That said, I agree with you on the other points where she can be harmed by the weather if she has not yet bonded with the universal life force around her, or she is injured in such a way that her powers are affected (such as the Invasion Arc of X-Treme X-Men), or other such extenuating circumstances. And you are right, what happened in Red #4 was not the same as these circumstances.

What this writer has done is simply taken a different perspective on Ororo's powers. It's not the same as Pak's or Claremont's (well, in the case of Claremont, he was all over the place as he went back and forth on a whim depending on what he felt were the needs of the story). So, for Taylor's run, Storm is not going to be immune to lightning. During Pak's run, she was immune to it. Now, we just know what to expect in terms of Storm-writing for X-Men Red.
    shes still immune that lightning didnt hit her lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    XD, I love that Remy and Storm seem to be comfortable kissing.

In the Xtreme I think it was just something of flirting, but at least Remy seemed to have no intention of going any further, Storm because I do not know the truth, but I do not pass that.

In GOLD, well Remy there was single lol.

Now that Rogue and Remy seem to be fine and left all the trash behind in RogueandGambit mini, I hope for god, that no writer would think of making another love triangle.

XD.
    you prefer storm snd remy than Remy and rogue

BANNED

I certainly prefer Storm and Remy over Rogue and Remy.

BANNED

Amazing, Ororo+Bobby
    This scan is exactly why I don't like Ororo and Bobby on the same team. Storm could have done wind and ice together on her own.

Well no, I prefer Remy with Rogue. I'm a super fan of ROMY hehehe.

But I am honest a RemyxStorm, I really do not dislike the idea, they would also be a hot couple.

But for now, let ROMY to be happy, they've had many years of XD drama.

This scan is exactly why I don't like Ororo and Bobby on the same team. Storm could have done wind and ice together on her own.
    Yes, I know, but Storm can not generate ice as efficiently and quickly as Bobby can.

It's his specialty, Storm would be slower, and it would not be as effective as Bobby can do it.

There are things that Bobby can do that Storm simply can not, with regard to ice, and you know

Likewise I like to see Storm and Bobby combine their skills.

I certainly prefer Storm and Remy over Rogue and Remy.
    lol

storm isnt in gold. that's hammer time.

Well no, I prefer Remy with Rogue. I'm a super fan of ROMY hehehe.

But I am honest a RemyxStorm, I really do not dislike the idea, they would also be a hot couple.

But for now, let ROMY to be happy, they've had many years of XD drama.
    I prefer rogue and Remy too. Remy is so sexy especially in the recent mini. yum.

lol

I prefer rogue and Remy too. Remy is so sexy especially in the recent mini. yum.
    Yeaaa, the mini was sexy in every way lol.

And well if I like RoguexRemy (my favorite) but I would also like a RermyxStorm, it is a possible union that I do not dislike.

But it's better to leave the drama, I would not like to see Anna and Ororo wrapped in the same love triangle, I love them too much to enjoy that XD.

BANNED

Yes, I know, but Storm can not generate ice as efficiently and quickly as Bobby can.

It's his specialty, Storm would be slower, and it would not be as effective as Bobby can do it.

There are things that Bobby can do that Storm simply can not, with regard to ice, and you know

Likewise I like to see Storm and Bobby combine their skills.
    I disagree with you. Storm can generate ice every bit as quickly as Bobby, though she has not been shown sculpting it and animating it like he can. (Truth be told, though, she should be able to sculpt ice like he does as all it requires is shaping moisture into a particular form before freezing it. Storm has been able to create shapes out of moisture on panel.)
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-18-2018 at 03:34 AM.

BANNED

lol

LOL, that's right! They can scale back Thor-Wannabe Hammer Girl as much as they want for all I care. Afterwards, maybe they can feed the hammer to Galactus?

More Storm and Gambit:

New Mutants #97: https://readcomicbooksonline.org/rea...pto-06-008.jpg

Gambit's not too happy about Forge kissing Storm. He wants to kiss her!
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-18-2018 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

deleted post