• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Yo, me too. Tbh, I would have been fine if he was done writing her with BP #17. By the time that dropped he had already done more than enough with her. Now throw in how #172 wrapped and its just complete overkill. Coates is writing Storm fan fiction and I love it! For Storm's face and voice to show up in the preview pages of the relaunch says to me that their relationship is still upfront and center. In my book, that does say that she has a pretty significant role moving forward. He's envisioning her asking him to come back to her. Thats pretty powerful language and imagery. I'm excited for what's to come.
    preach 100% fact, with a side of no lies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Lol agreed this such sappy fanfiction and I love it. I understand how BP fans would be upset with how Storm stole the show at the end of his first run but it seems Coates is just trying to make it clear that there is no T'Challa without Ororo and vice versa, Ororo is now connected to Wakanda's people as well. It's possible Storm doesn't even really show up in this run but it looks like she at the very least is having an impact on T'Challa which is pretty cool and sends that message of always having a connection as well.

Either way I'm hooked, that art is gorgeous, the story is interesting, and seeing Storm with those cat eyes fills me with such joy.
    this post is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    The preview was amazing, stunning, never been done before, original, hot, cute...
    yes I love it too

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    lolol

This post mirrors my thoughts on the preview as well. It's such good fan fiction that I almost can't control myself. Its like this was the lead up to the debut of Storm v2. I can't help but look at it as a masterclass in epically subtle shade. Honestly speaking, I feel like he went on a crusade to debunk a bunch of misconceptions. It's so layered. I understand why my fellow BP fans are upset. I'm sorry I'm not sorry because this story upset a bunch of other people too. And I couldn't be anymore delighted by that.
    lolol ur a mess
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'm not gonna pass judgement and give my opinion on what it says to me when I read a Storm fan saying they genuinely enjoy Guggenheim's take on her. What I will say: I can't rock with a fan like that. I couldn't be anymore turned off and that's fine. Everything ain't for everybody. I realized with the release of gold #25 It was clear that Storm's muted presence was his decision. Her falling out unconscious was ridiculous. But even worse, a woman that only beared a passing resemblance to Storm was occupying a space and pretending to be the real deal. People like to ignore that Guggy's Storm was reeling from IvX, a story that did nothing but further establish her as an incompetent leader. Guggy picked up with Storm handing the reigns over to Kitty. I personally was never gonna accept that. Storm just got a major beating at the hands of a cloud. She felt so bad for herself, and so down on herself, and so utterly useless that she gives all control to Kitty and sticks around to take orders from her. Issue after issue goes by of her falling asleep and needing Kitty to hold her hand. Only for a real glimpse of Storm, the first woman to gain sole leadership of the X-men, to show up 25 issues in? Whay happened to the the first 24? Really? And this person is in agreement with this treatment and they don't question why I called her Stormbot? Yeah, I said it. I said it because she was written to be worthless. She thought of herself as worthless. She was useless in X-men Gold. But I'm a problem for voicing my displeasure? Really? She didn't even start feeling better about herself until Coates started writing her. In Gold, she was still down due to her defeat at the hands of Emma Frost, Medusa and a roaming cloud of death. But this one thinks I'm gonna apologize for raising Hadari Yao the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things up where she needs to be? Next time, spell her name right. It's H-A-D-A-R-I Y-A-O.

I'm not gonna pass judgement and give my opinion on what it says to me when I read a Storm fan saying they genuinely enjoy Guggenheim's take on her. What I will say: I can't rock with a fan like that. I couldn't be anymore turned off and that's fine. Everything ain't for everybody. I realized with the release of gold #25 It was clear that Storm's muted presence was his decision. Her falling out unconscious was ridiculous. But even worse, a woman that only beared a passing resemblance to Storm was occupying a space and pretending to be the real deal. People like to ignore that Guggy's Storm was reeling from IvX, a story that did nothing but further establish her as an incompetent leader. Guggy picked up with Storm handing the reigns over to Kitty. I personally was never gonna accept that. Storm just got a major beating at the hands of a cloud. She felt so bad for herself, and so down on herself, and so utterly useless that she gives all control to Kitty and sticks around to take orders from her. Issue after issue goes by of her falling asleep and needing Kitty to hold her hand. Only for a real glimpse of Storm, the first woman to gain sole leadership of the X-men, to show up 25 issues in? Whay happened to the the first 24? Really? And this person is in agreement with this treatment and they don't question why I called her Stormbot? Yeah, I said it. I said it because she was written to be worthless. She thought of herself as worthless. She was useless in X-men Gold. But I'm a problem for voicing my displeasure? Really? She didn't even start feeling better about herself until Coates started writing her. In Gold, she was still down due to her defeat at the hands of Emma Frost, Medusa and a roaming cloud of death. But this one thinks I'm gonna apologize for raising Hadari Yao the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things up where she needs to be? Next time, spell her name right. It's H-A-D-A-R-I Y-A-O.
    omg I love you so much. your posts always always leave me shook. I'm caught up in the rapture boo...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Prior to this current BP run, how did Wakandans' feel about Storm? Was she loved and respected or was their any ill will towards her bc T'Challa married an outsider? Did her reputation take a hit when the annulment happened?
    And to add to this question, what was Ororo's title after the was annulment of her marriage?

Why are you attacking me. Why are you even responfing to me. Keep your petty to yourself. Sometime i wish Storm was real so she can tell you how disgusted she is with half of you. Hardy har ho.

The ignore button has been activated

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    And to add to this question, what was Ororo's title after the was annulment of her marriage?
    after the namor destroyed wakanda and her annulled marriage, storm, as well as all mutants, was not permitted into wakanda. she did one time during a period when Logan had lost his healing factor:

Aside from this she didnt frequent or enter wakanda from what I am aware of. however, coates does give us an idea of what some wakandans thought of her thereafter:

that said a sizable number of wakandans didnt like her when they were married due to her being an outsider so it is safe to assume this would still be true even after the marriage was annulled:

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I honestly dont care about how storm is treated in gold but storm is proficient with creating low temps, and instantaneously. she isnt iceman nor is that what rutog was saying but she totally could have handled that (create wind and ice as rut said) on her own:

and she did all of that without a hammer lol
    I completely agree, Storm has been seen to generate icy blizzards and ice, relatively fast.

But ruto is not the first time he wants to place top Ororo in all possible fields, he does, and yes, he says and believes that Storm is better than Bobby in the training and manipulation and ice, and not the first time which is discussed with the on this, and because it is in an error.

And we know the difference between Bobby and Storm in that field is from heaven to hell.

Point aside, to me if I like to see them combine skills.

And it is interesting to see her in BP you can approach Ororo from another perspective.

I would like that in the future A-books that are announced both Rogue and Storm are part of the Avengers, technically they are, once avenger you will always be, but you understand me I love them in the A-books too,

The A-books did wonders with Rogue these last years, and to a lesser extent they also did a lot for Cannonball and Sunspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I completely agree, Storm has been seen to generate icy blizzards and ice, relatively fast.

But ruto is not the first time he wants to place top Ororo in all possible fields, he does, and yes, he says and believes that Storm is better than Bobby in the training and manipulation and ice, and not the first time which is discussed with the on this, and because it is in an error.

And we know the difference between Bobby and Storm in that field is from heaven to hell.

Point aside, to me if I like to see them combine skills.

And it is interesting to see her in BP you can approach Ororo from another perspective.

I would like that in the future A-books that are announced both Rogue and Storm are part of the Avengers, technically they are, once avenger you will always be, but you understand me I love them in the A-books too,

The A-books did wonders with Rogue these last years, and to a lesser extent they also did a lot for Cannonball and Sunspot.
    I thought all he said is was that she can make wind and ice? what was incorrect about that statement?

I dont know what stories outside of gold rogue and storm would interact in. I miss the days where all the a listers were in the same title.

Not in the statement, but for him, Storm is better than Bobby in the aspect of training and manipulation and ice.

And that's more than that, and I've argued a lot with him, and I think Storm is equal to or even superior to Bobby in that specific aspect.

Not in the statement, but for him, Storm is better than Bobby in the aspect of training and manipulation and ice.

And that's more than that, and I've argued a lot with him, and I think Storm is equal to or even superior to Bobby in that specific aspect.
    he may think that but that isnt what he initially said. at least this time.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont know what stories outside of gold rogue and storm would interact in. I miss the days where all the a listers were in the same title.
    It would be nice if Uncanny came back, with the alignment of the Outback team (maybe with some changes adding Jean for example), it would be dreamed.

And written by Kelly Tompson, who is a teacher in studying the history of personalities, I love this writer.

So the fact that Coates pick up Captain America. Does that mean the Solo was pushed back. Can we still even expect it ,this year final quarter or expect it for XMDP movie next year?

I love this team.

It would be nice if Uncanny came back, with the alignment of the Outback team (maybe with some changes adding Jean for example), it would be dreamed.

And written by Kelly Tompson, who is a teacher in studying the history of personalities, I love this writer.
    I would enjoy uncanny coming back and exactly as you described it. that was the perfect team.

I would like to see Kelly get a chance on a team.