10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

all I can say is by the Goddess!!!! come back to me, come home!!!! the hadari yao is giving me janet velvet rope sensuality all in this. Coates what you have made cannot be broken I'm so here for this!!.
    Ugh! Daniel Acuna is one of my favorite artists (when Marvel doesn't rush him that is ).
    He draws and colors everything himself. The firgure work, the contrast, the colors... It's all stunning.

I loved Ibanez's work on Storm's first solo ongoing but if she gets another one I'd like for Acuna to draw it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Yes I’m here for the reads as well he is speaking facts. I love him lol. I don’t see him being anything less than a passionate fan. I love the life he just gave me.
    agreed. bb will keep it 100 no matter what. and hes one of the most passionate storm fans I know. I couldn't imagine this forum without him.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I just got done reading my comics(I usually go about once/twice a month) and I’m sure a lot of you feel the same way but isnt it annoying that it feels like we get a different storm in each book she appears in? I did enjoy her in Xmen Red (if it wasn’t for that Emma thing I would be down for a Storm/Namor pairing) and the hunt for wolverine one shot (she looked great) but I just wish these writers would all get on the same page.
    I'm not sure what things namor has in common with her. hes very cold, shut off from the world, and comes off very selfish. I don't see storm having any interest in him beyond his looks. that said xmen red is consistent with how she was shown or is shown in the current BP. gold seems to be doing it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Ororo is T'challa's forever. No matter what Ororo will always come back to T'challa. Storm will never forget T'challa's BBC, love, kindness and leadership.
    qft.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Ugh! Daniel Acuna is one of my favorite artists (when Marvel doesn't rush him that is ).
    He draws and colors everything himself. The firgure work, the contrast, the colors... It's all stunning.

I loved Ibanez's work on Storm's first solo ongoing but if she gets another one I'd like for Acuna to draw it.
    I've loved his work since seeing his storm in avengers. I havent seen any work from him i would say that was bad. Ibanez work is really good as well. ss you stated his work on her solo and in Jean's book was really nice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Guys the priestesses from which Storm comes have the same physical characteristics of her?

Recall, in canon written by Claremont, determined that Storm was not 100% associated to a single ethnic group, at least not by its characteristics.

When Storm was turned into a pre-adolescent, and she was in the hospital, the nurse said she was a pre-adolescent, she looked black, and the doctor says what it looks like? and the nurse (the nurse was black) says see it yourself.

They highlighted in that comic, that Ororo did indeed have dark skin, but his features were not black or Caucasian or Asiatic, but an amalgam of the exaggerated characteristics of these ethnic, also noted that she had straight hair and white and blue eyes.

BANNED

BANNED

babe that is you that's invaluable. these reads are 100 percent fact and are restoring my soul right now. this here is just one of the reason you got me caught in the rapture. you keep it straight and make it very clear. thank you for this and being the passionate storm fam that ur. hadari yao be praised
    Kyss, I just try my best to tell the truth as it is. I admit that I get in my feelings sometimes too. Yours nor mine or anyone else's feelings about the truth has no bearing on the state of a given situation. If I drop my favorite mug and it shatters on the floor, just because I feel bad that it's shattered doesn't change the fact that it's indeed shattered and I can no longer drink from it. This phenomenon amazes me. It's very reminiscent of the idea that we should stop talking about race and slavery in America, because it makes certain Americans feel bad about their history. We know who they are. And we know why they feel bad about it. Their feelings on the subject have never and will never change the facts or foundation of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Here are his mother and common citizen reactions.

Thank you for posting these images. It just brings back so many memories because this came out around the time I started reading comics.I also like that it shows that the Wakandan people had mixed feelings about her. Some never liked her. Some were skeptical. Some were open to the possibilities. And there were some that were head over heels in love with the idea. It's great because thats shown in Worlds Apart where Nehzno and N'Gassi both show incredible loyalty to Storm and keep an open mind to the idea of her. One thing I never noticed was the lightning on the belt of punk Storm. That was a nice detail! Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Can I just say I love this thread and the way some of y'all post. I just feel rejuvenated every single time I come in to this thread.
    I know exactly how you feel. Words cannot express the amount of pleasure I feel at sharing ideas with like minded Storm fans. The ones that bask in the truth and delight in furthering the enlightenment of the masses. This thread will always hold a place in my heart. Since issue #13 of BP Coates has established that now is the era of the O'Challa shippers. I'm here for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Yes I’m here for the reads as well he is speaking facts. I love him lol. I don’t see him being anything less than a passionate fan. I love the life he just gave me.
    Aww, shucks... I love you so much. I appreciate you and I'm eternally grateful that there are multiple people that are capable of discerning the clearly laid out truth of my words. Seeing as there are so many that go out of their way to infer a meaning that my message never suggested, it's always great that reading AND comprehension matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Here are his mother and common citizen reactions.

I didnt realize it when I first read this issue but it is cool to see hudlin address concerns of the fandom saying it was rushed. which in actuality her "legit" relationship with forge was rushed.

Can I just say I love this thread and the way some of y'all post. I just feel rejuvenated every single time I come in to this thread.
    I do too love!! the fandom here is one of the best on the site. we are all a digital family and I'm here for it.

[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/25/46/15/254615f2563c47ea85eedc5b5874d4b7.jpg[/I
    by: Genevieve

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/d2/78/bb/d278bb4b1e1183d2ab6cc69364192fc0--punisher-xmen.jpg[/I

that panther storm pic is epic.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Kyss, I just try my best to tell the truth as it is. I admit that I get in my feelings sometimes too. Yours nor mine or anyone else's feelings about the truth has no bearing on the state of a given situation. If I drop my favorite mug and it shatters on the floor, just because I feel bad that it's shattered doesn't change the fact that it's indeed shattered and I can no longer drink from it. This phenomenon amazes me. It's very reminiscent of the idea that we should stop talking about race and slavery in America, because it makes certain Americans feel bad about their history. We know who they are. And we know why they feel bad about it. Their feelings on the subject have never and will never change the facts or foundation of America.

hello and you betta say it! people may try to silence it, or hate it, or ignore it but the truth is forever be what it is. and its ok to get in ur feelings we all do at times but when you have the truth on your side you always will come out on top, being in your feelings or not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Guys the priestesses from which Storm comes have the same physical characteristics of her?

Recall, in canon written by Claremont, determined that Storm was not 100% associated to a single ethnic group, at least not by its characteristics.

When Storm was turned into a pre-adolescent, and she was in the hospital, the nurse said she was a pre-adolescent, she looked black, and the doctor says what it looks like? and the nurse (the nurse was black) says see it yourself.

They highlighted in that comic, that Ororo did indeed have dark skin, but his features were not black or Caucasian or Asiatic, but an amalgam of the exaggerated characteristics of these ethnic, also noted that she had straight hair and white and blue eyes.

She's black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    She's black.
    This for the people in the back.
    Her relationship with T'challa was rushed. That's canon, her relationship with forge started out rushed, hit a snag with her going to kill him and stabbing him in the heart. Then they got banished into another dimension for another year and fell in love

She's black.
    Ok lol, but it is strange in her particular case is explained, it is even difficult to take it as one, because it has no African features in itself, in fact determined as an amalgam, because it has characteristics of Caucasian Asian and black, and has the features of each one but more exaggerated, in addition to the white hair and blue eyes.

She is not of mixed race and does not go for that, but those characteristics and traits are at least interesting, since in the hospital it was said that it was difficult to classify her in a specific race.

Despite being clearly black, it always made me curious that she had mixed features, and that she was not clearly an African woman with white hair, reading Claremont's career again, I see that he made an impression on that, even the eyes of Storm many times in spite of being blue, they seem felines, the same Claremont said that he had mixed characteristics of other races.

BANNED

Ok lol, but it is strange in her particular case is explained, it is even difficult to take it as one, because it has no African features in itself, in fact determined as an amalgam, because it has characteristics of Caucasian Asian and black, and has the features of each one but more exaggerated, in addition to the white hair and blue eyes.

She is not of mixed race and does not go for that, but those characteristics and traits are at least interesting, since in the hospital it was said that it was difficult to classify her in a specific race.

Despite being clearly black, it always made me curious that she had mixed features, and that she was not clearly an African woman with white hair, reading Claremont's career again, I see that he made an impression on that, even the eyes of Storm many times in spite of being blue, they seem felines, the same Claremont said that he had mixed characteristics of other races.
    All her features come from black people. Black people have all those features throughout the continent and the reason why you see that is because Storm's matriarchal line dates back to the dawn of humanity. All races come from her, you know her blackness.

I love this appearance of Storm, with blue eyes, but that grows on cats, and their unique features.

That the crest does not return more please, I have never liked it as it is with her.

BANNED

She's black.
    Ain't it sad?

Its messages like these that Coates has gone out of his to dismantle. It doesnt matter what that doctor was saying in the scans you presented. Her mother is a Kenyan princess and her father was and African American photojournalist. There's no way getting around it. Storm is a black woman and alwaus will be a black woman. An opinion to the contrary isn't based on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Ain't it sad?

Its messages like these that Coates has gone out of his to dismantle. It doesnt matter what that doctor was saying in the scans you presented. Her mother is a Kenyan princess and her father was and African American photojournalist. There's no way getting around it. Storm is a black woman and alwaus will be a black woman. An opinion to the contrary isn't based on reality.
    I'm not arguing that her ethnicity is black, I know she's 100% black.

But it is still a curious fact that within the black race, Storm is unique, she does not have an ethnic hair, has blue eyes and felines (even before manifesting its mutation) and her features in more than one occasion has been enhanced , which is a mixture of traits (specifically in sos issues is incapie in this), and you know that perfectly.

That's why I had doubts if the priestesses she came from had those characteristics, maybe they are unique hereditary characteristics, that only those storm ancestors have.

BANNED

by: Genevieve

Omg that last one is amazing! I was really excited at the thought of Storm taking the mantle of Black Panther back when the female teasers were dropped years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Ororo is T'challa's forever. No matter what Ororo will always come back to T'challa. Storm will never forget T'challa's BBC, love, kindness and leadership.
    Lmao I love! I love it all. You go on head wit'cho bad self.
    Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    What’s better then one king? Having two! Get it Storm! I do like her with Black Panther as well, she was the only reason I picked up his title.
    I can't lie, I was always interested in a Storm and Namor pairing. It could totally work. And it would be chocked full of drama. Two kingdoms going to war over Storm is pretty much what happened after AvX.
    I've loved his work since seeing his storm in avengers. I havent seen any work from him i would say that was bad. Ibanez work is really good as well. ss you stated his work on her solo and in Jean's book was really nice.
    I've loved Acuna ever since Storm joined the Avengers he was the only positive thing about this stories.

deleted post