• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    OK, but the resistance to space comes from the hammer. So far that is clear.
    Resistance is apart of it yes, but OXYGEN is the biggest thing. What happened here proves Oxygen is not a problem as it was once before.

The Gold thing reminds me of X2 when Halle Berry and Jean stopped all the missiles except one.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean can compete just fine with a well written Ororo, and she had nothing to do with this issue, so you need to stop right now.

Zub's a very competent writer. I'm surprised he did this.
    I'm also surprised, ZUB is extremely consistent with the powerset, especially with Rogue in Uncanny Avengers.

I was surprised that Rogue and Storm were reduced so easily, Rogue clearly confided that it is a class 100 +++ invulnerable and allowed to hit, but either this woman is a beast, or really somehow something reduced the capabilities of all there .

Because Zub does not usually make those mistakes.

I love Storm but do not wear out, for the Ororo it would win all the other X-Men without effort, I personally believe she is one of the heavyweights, but Jean Bobby and Rogue in combat would clearly defeat her, or have more possibilities to win. And I do not despise the abilities and powers of Storm, but the others that I mentioned would be harder to defeat than Storm, being all well written.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Gold thing reminds me of X2 when Halle Berry and Jean stopped all the missiles except one.
    It pretty much was with Rach not even being able to do what lower powered move Jean could do.. I was wondering.. Couldnt Kitty just phase the ship and everyone in it so the missiles would miss them?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Resistance is apart of it yes, but OXYGEN is the biggest thing. What happened here proves Oxygen is not a problem as it was once before.
    That stubbornness, that comes from the templar gifts that gives the hammer, is not natural in storm.

At least not until we see her do it without the transformation, something that I do not think will happen.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I read the spoiler thread for mystery in madripoor. Did storm really give Wolverine a panther trinket of all things? I wonder where she got it from?
    Yes she did. It was a cute l'il Panther head that she gave him to help him feel like he was family. He kept in his sentimentalist bunker.

Last edited by Harpsikord; 05-23-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Storm does not have a cosmic level, it's an elementary level, because you want to group Storm on all possible scales, you're really a bit absurd.

Cosmic level is Thor, that is why he defeated Oror without any effort, Storm loses against high level super strong (see Juggy) and against Asgardians.

Now imagine if she faced a SilverSurfer or a Geniss Vell or Sentry, the cosmic level is too much overpower.

Storm is very powerful, in extreme, but do not give scales that you do not have.
    1) She summoned the full power of a galactic core (millions of stars crammed into a relatively small area of space).

2) She defeated the Trion, three beings who were the sum of all matter/life/energy for an entire reality's past, present, and future.

3) She created a cosmic elemental turbulent shield around the entire planet by shaping gamma rays she pulled out of a gamma ray gun and melding that energy with the energies of the world to block a world-wrecking blast from the sun.

4) She has blanketed the entire planet with a solar wind for 4 hours straight while maintaining enough control so that nothing on the Earth was damaged.

5) She has thrown attacks backed by the full power of a star.

6) She blew up a Herald of Galactus (something Beta Ray Bill could not do and neither could Human Torch who had Silver Surfer's powers added to his own).

7) She one-shotted Adversary.

Yup, she's cosmic, though she is rarely given the opportunity to show it.

BANNED

OK, but the resistance to space comes from the hammer. So far that is clear.
    It's not a resistance to space the hammer gives her. All it does is remove the requirement that she needs oxygen to breathe. Storm can easily survive in space with her flesh fully exposed as long as she has air to breathe. To be honest, given that Storm can create atmospheric globes around herself so that she can breathe under water as she manipulates ocean currents to traverse the depths, there is no reason why she shouldn't be able to do the same thing to survive in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes she did. It was a cute l'il Panther head that she gave him to help him feel like he was family. He kept in his sentimentalist bunker.

Thanks for the scan.

BANNED

Adversary in its greatest arc so far, listing what they did to him, practically everyone mocked him.

Lonshoot wounded him with his knives.

Colossus with his metal skin hurt him.

Wolverine the same.

Rogue that his absorption was weaker because he was not in control (I say weak because even without control his absorption is extremely powerful) was weakening him and draining his powers and life force, which then Wolverine said to leave him the rest, and he did not Nothing xD.

After Rogue had absorbed enough magic and sorcery to make Adversary ridiculous, and that this was being attracted by that magical portal, which Rogue created, and then the X-Men released powers to finish pushing him.

Is it someone powerful? AND IT IS.

Someone who really gave serious problems? the truth is not, I think he was one of the enemies that gave the Australia team fewer problems.

Nimrod gave them more problems.

And Mastermold Nimrod many more.

Adversary is vulnerable to metal. It can hurt him, so it made sense that Logan's claws, Longsthot's knives, and Colossus could affect him (though not come anywhere close to beating him).

Regarding Rogue, she aborbed Forge's magic along with the knowledge of the specific spells that could work on Adversary. She failed because she could not retain Forge's magic powers long enough to force Adversary through a portal. That said, in Black Panther, we saw multiple shamans working together against Adversary and failing miserably. So, clearly, Adversary has certain vulnerabilities, but Storm, who did not have any access to those weaknesses, simply overpowered him with greater power than what he possessed.

I have seen Adversary take a blast from a weapon Forge created that could disentegrate beings down on a cellular level and it not affect him at all. Not to mention he is more powerful than Roma, who is extremely powerful herself.

BANNED

That stubbornness, that comes from the templar gifts that gives the hammer, is not natural in storm.

At least not until we see her do it without the transformation, something that I do not think will happen.
    Stubbornness?? I'm not understanding what your talking about.

I believe Storm CAN survive in space without a device OR transformation, due to her powers adapting to her environment. HOWEVER, we have not seen that, so i'm fine with this transformation because it shows in THIS form she can survive in space.

Oh kitty .. Stormcrapster didn't make her do anything she can't normally do Attachment 66217
    Attachment 66218
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

adversary is a demonic universal threat that has a weakness for metal but cannot be harmed by physical means. why are we debating him being weak??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    adversary is a demonic universal threat that has a weakness for metal but cannot be harmed by physical means. why are we debating him being weak??
    Trying to make Adversary weak is a ploy to try and prop up Hammer Time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Oh kitty .. Stormcrapster didn't make her do anything she can't normally do Attachment 66217
    Attachment 66218
    Exactly! You've got it!