• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she was ready to own it :

Again that was the post Mustant Massacre-Genosha era which I acknowledged Storm was darker and the X-men were underground and beleived dead so there's little accountability to be had. Heroes in the public have different standards held against them and if she's going to be killing as a face of the team, this is an attitude she needs to hold now. And if she does, she's going to be judged, criticized and possibly condemned, but that goes along with that decision

I'll be honest that I'm not 100% myself on how Storm feels towards killing. I would say that she does not feel guilty for killing someone who was threatening herself or someone else (unless said person was a friend or perhaps was forced to do it like Cyclops in XWA) and she wouldn't hesitate to make that decision, but killing is still a last resort.

Now Storm in IvX was ****, she was written to let Medusa step all over her and allowed mutants die all over the world to a cloud she could protect hem from. Her saying that war is everything against what she is...meh. I mean shes not going to destroy the Inhuman foundation because of the leader's choice but she would absolutely tell Medusa hey you're getting rid of this cloud right now or you're gonna force me to take care of it myself.

I just found it funny she as so hesitant to go to war with the Inhumans so she could save her people when she wanted a war just to get Jubilee back in X-Men lol.
    Attachment 66313
    Attachment 66312

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This. Every time Storm starts getting all funny about killing I cringe. It's right up there with the X offices obsession with showing her as an ineffective leader who is CONSTANTLY crippled by self doubt. Good god I miss Claremont.
    goddess. I miss Claremont as well beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Again that was the post Mustant Massacre-Genosha era which I acknowledged Storm was darker and the X-men were underground and beleived dead so there's little accountability to be had. Heroes in the public have different standards held against them and if she's going to be killing as a face of the team, this is an attitude she needs to hold now. And if she does, she's going to be judged, criticized and possibly condemned, but that goes along with that decision
    that was the point of the scan. she didnt care about anyone's opinion public or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I'll be honest that I'm not 100% myself on how Storm feels towards killing. I would say that she does not feel guilty for killing someone who was threatening herself or someone else (unless said person was a friend or perhaps was forced to do it like Cyclops in XWA) and she wouldn't hesitate to make that decision, but killing is still a last resort.

Now Storm in IvX was ****, she was written to let Medusa step all over her and allowed mutants die all over the world to a cloud she could protect hem from. Her saying that war is everything against what she is...meh. I mean shes not going to destroy the Inhuman foundation because of the leader's choice but she would absolutely tell Medusa hey you're getting rid of this cloud right now or you're gonna force me to take care of it myself.

I just found it funny she as so hesitant to go to war with the Inhumans so she could save her people when she wanted a war just to get Jubilee back in X-Men lol.
    Attachment 66313
    Attachment 66312
    welcome to reading books managed by the editorial staff in the xoffices. where continuity doesnt matter and only whatever story a writer wants to tell does.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

that was the point of the scan. she didnt care about anyone's opinion public or not.
    But N'astirh was a demon, not a person. Everyone in the MU has always held different standards/morals when it comes to killing beings like that. Cyclops wasnt appalled bc she killed him, but rather she may have gotten rid of their best shot at fixxing Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But N'astirh was a demon, not a person. Everyone in the MU has always held different standards/morals when it comes to killing beings like that. Cyclops wasnt appalled bc she killed him, but rather she may have gotten rid of their best shot at fixxing Manhattan
    ororos perception of death and her views towards killing wasnt limited to just killing demons. inferno was just a culmination of numerous stories that depicted ororos gradual transition into being a more ruthless, cold character who didn't mind killing those opponents worthy of death. public perception was never at the forefront for her. and yes cyclops may have not been appalled for that reason but jean most certainly was:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-26-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

for you hammer timers. no hammer time but this is what will lead up to it at some point:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...undo-variants/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

When it comes to writing a three-dimensional Storm (as developed by Claremont) latter-day writers are idiots.

Storm does not like to kill.
    She will only consider doing so as a last resort, when she is given no other option...e.g. Callisto. Marrow. The Vampires.

But...make no mistake...as developed by Claremont, She. Will. Cut. A. Bitch. And cut him/her DEEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When it comes to writing a three-dimensional Storm (as developed by Claremont) latter-day writers are idiots.

Storm does not like to kill.
    She will only consider doing so as a last resort, when she is given no other option...e.g. Callisto. Marrow. The Vampires.

But...make no mistake...as developed by Claremont, She. Will. Cut. A. Bitch. And cut him/her DEEP.
    Agreed.

And while her appearance/presence was brief, I liked seeing Storm in the most recent issue of Black Panther. I hope she continues to have a presence in the series. I also hope the X-side of things continues to acknowledge and embrace her relationship with T'Challa.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed.

And while her appearance/presence was brief, I liked seeing Storm in the most recent issue of Black Panther. I hope she continues to have a presence in the series. I also hope the X-side of things continues to acknowledge and embrace her relationship with T'Challa.
    yes I love how she was drawn especially those eyes. and the xoffices hsve been a good job referencing the relationship but as you said I hope it continues to be shown in a manner respectful to both characters.

oh and I imagine ororo will have a presence in the BP run especially since she symbolizes home to him

yes I love how she was drawn especially those eyes. and the xoffices hsve been a good job referencing the relationship but as you said I hope it continues to be shown in a manner respectful to both characters.

oh and I imagine ororo will have a presence in the BP run especially since she symbolizes home to him
    Those parts with her were beautiful and haunting. I can't wait to see what the next issues will bring, just as long as Nakia keeps her distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    Those parts with her were beautiful and haunting. I can't wait to see what the next issues will bring, just as long as Nakia keeps her distance.
    Oh my Nakia better keep her hands off. But honestly....how interesting would that be if something happened...

Oh my Nakia better keep her hands off. But honestly....how interesting would that be if something happened...
    What...what do you mean? I don't like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Attachment 66301

Confirmation that at the very least he now knows her true name.
    I'm living.

It seems Marvel is getting on one accord finally.
    All hail the all-mother, Hadari Yao.

Also I did pick up the recent BP issue and despite no real Storm appearances other than that same panel, I found it beautiful.
    I live for space themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    agreed. and she will that bish ain't ready

nakia ain't crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I'm living.

It seems Marvel is getting on one accord finally.
    All hail the all-mother, Hadari Yao.

Also I did pick up the recent BP issue and despite no real Storm appearances other than that same panel, I found it beautiful.
    I live for space themes.
    yaaaassss the all-mother hadari yao.. none else comes before her.

and the art was divine. it was very beautifully drawn.

Nakia wants no parts of the Goddess. She will get her ass beat from Wakanda to the Mojo-verse and back if she tries it with Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!