10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    I was just thinking about this today. They've struggled so much with Storm's look in the movies because they try make her look grounded and give her hairstyles you might see on a "normal" person. Hence all of the mom cuts and the weird black roots in x3 and dofp. In a potential reboot I'd like to see them go in the opposite direction. Start by casting a darker skinned actress so that the hair contrasts more. Give her really long, pure white hair and striking blue eyes. She should have an otherworldly look to her. You hit the nail on the head with the bolded.
    Yeah, I'd love to see a deeply pigmented(preferably eastern African) actress cast in the role, and yes, bring back the sky blue eyes(cat-slit pupils optional), and the widow's peak hair(I'd love to see a microbraid or loc style for deeper visual complexity) snow white. The salt and pepper looks from X3/DoFP weren't horrible, but I'm tired of the idea she was born with black hair that later changed to white. No. She was born with white hair, period. Her eyebrows and lashes should even be white(makeup team will hate this, but with a dark skinned actress it could look incredible). She's a mutant goddess. She should look different!

X2's soccer mom cut, platinum blonde color, was the height of wrongness!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Hey, I agree with all this. I don't like her as Storm either, but I recognize a cutie when I see one is all lol. Even if the MCU go that route, one thing I can be sure of is there Storm will be given a voice or some semblance of the Storm we know.
    Fair enough! I hope the MCU brings a real Storm to the screen, finally, after all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Fair enough! I hope the MCU brings a real Storm to the screen, finally, after all this time!

Barely on board for five seconds and you guys made my day.

Lol at above.

Lol at Shipp not play Storm .

And I'll say it again on the kids front.
    I want Tchalla&Ororo to have a litter a one shot pregnancy.
    Get them all out the way.

As for my Fav Alt Kid. Has to be Azzari in New Avengers. Would love their return as the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    This would have been a good look.
    It's like the hardest image/clip to find, but in the X-Men 1.5 DVD back in the day, they had a test shot of Halle with white eyebrows, white eyes, and a different(no bangs) wig, and she looked much more accurate as Ororo. Otherworldly. Too bad they scaled it all back for some basic shit...

Therein lies the problem, both with Alexandra and Halle. Fox casts these 'cute' biracial women as Ororo, when Ororo is supposed to be more of an unreachable, untouchable goddess. She's not supposed to be a domestic girl-next-door. She's an African weather goddess, and she should look like someone you have never seen before, but can't take your eyes off of. I don't know if the MCU will actually be able to deliver on that promise, but hopefully they will go more in that direction than Fox has.
    So true. Now please Comcast don't ruin this deal for us. We storm fans waited too long.

It's like the hardest image/clip to find, but in the X-Men 1.5 DVD back in the day, they had a test shot of Halle with white eyebrows, white eyes, and a different(no bangs) wig, and she looked much more accurate as Ororo. Otherworldly. Too bad they scaled it all back for some basic shit...
    Yeah. I remember that from back in the day. I hope things are different with the MCU version. Not a fan of white eyebrows and eyelashes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Yeah. I remember that from back in the day. I hope things are different with the MCU version. Not a fan of white eyebrows and eyelashes though.
    I can deal with black eyelashes, but the white eyebrows looked great even on [lighter-skinned] Halle. On a darker actress, I think they would look incredible! I always just assume the black eyebrows in comics are just an artifact of the art style(black lined art). I really like it when artists go the extra mile and do the white eyebrows.

Attachment 66533

Attachment 66534

I also prefer white eyebrows, it also visually lets you know that the white hair is natural.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

So is anyone going to address the elephant in the room?

Does the carpet match the drapes?

Yeah, I'd love to see a deeply pigmented(preferably eastern African) actress cast in the role, and yes, bring back the sky blue eyes(cat-slit pupils optional), and the widow's peak hair(I'd love to see a microbraid or loc style for deeper visual complexity) snow white. The salt and pepper looks from X3/DoFP weren't horrible, but I'm tired of the idea she was born with black hair that later changed to white. No. She was born with white hair, period. Her eyebrows and lashes should even be white(makeup team will hate this, but with a dark skinned actress it could look incredible). She's a mutant goddess. She should look different!

X2's soccer mom cut, platinum blonde color, was the height of wrongness!
    Yep. I know exactly the footage you're talking about. I liked that she looked kind of frightening but beautiful all at once. She can definitely be done right if taken in a different direction.

Re: the black roots. Agreed they don't look too bad asthethically but it isn't Storm. At least they got rid of that from Apocalypse on...

I wish I can see that image now. Is there anyway it can be found?

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    I wish I can see that image now. Is there anyway it can be found?
    I tried to find it just now, and couldn't. I know I've seen it online before, but it is elusive. Maybe I'll try again later.

Ok. Thanks

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HEHE Don't get TOO Comfortable Ms.Shipp you won't be playing Storm anytime soon.

*Disney Gets right to X-men*

Ms.Shipp: Hi, i'd like to apply for the role of Storm. I thought I did a great job in Dark Phoenix

Disney: HA!! you thought you had a role??.....Bye.

EXCUSE ME?! Did you say Logan and Storm had a daughter?
    lolol if it's not canon it didnt happen. nothing to see here lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol if it's not canon it didnt happen. nothing to see here lol.
    lol. Yes people lets keep it moving.