• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3428 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2428292833283378341834243425342634273428342934303431343234383478 ... LastLast
Results 51,406 to 51,420 of 52830
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    rut a lot of people will give you flack for talking ish about jean but let me be one to say I think a lot of what you say is spot on. I think for the jean it's great that writers will explore her abilities without the Phoenix but I think its absolutely absurd to believe it was holding her back. and it's going to be difficult to showcase how powerful she is and also highlight storm as the hadari yao. I'm cautiously optimistic but I think a lot of your observations are valid.
    It just really bothers me how Marvel is going to far as to even tell this blatant lie about the PF holding Jean back as a excuse to try and focus on her all the while ignoring years of canon that refutes the lie, while we see Storm being weakened before our eyes. In the 90s, rather than acknowledging Storm's unlimited potential, Marvel went so far as to not only weaken Ororo, but establish Iceman to have unlimited potential over Ororo. I mean, really? Storm had unlimited potential from the start, but this was ignored.

There is something wrong within the psyche of Marvel, and it's a deep-seated problem. I mean, if we were talking about a black character like Cargil/Frenzy, then of course I could understand Marvel not featuring her as prominantly as they would Jean Grey. Cargil will never have the readership popularity to compete with Jean, so from a business viewpoint, it would make more sense to scale back a character like that for Jean. However, in Ororo's case, when she is well-written, her popularity is second only to Wolverine's with Gambit being her only other potential rival in this regard. When you have a character so beloved by the fans, you prop that character up, and make sure you write them well. That would only be the business common-sense thing to do. However, Marvel abandons basic, common-sense sound reasoning when it comes to Ororo.

While I am not the type to play the "race card" frequently, I have started to claim racial prejudice in their treatment of Storm only after years of recognizing this trend. It is not a conclusion I arrived at in a short amount of time, either, but only after years of observation. There is no other logical explanation I can come up with for why Marvel would be doing what they do in regards to Storm's character. You better believe that if Jean had the backstory Ororo had where her lineage went back to the dawn of humanity, and her ancestors could wield magic, and even had sorcerer supremes in her lineage, all of this stuff would have been fleshed out long ago with her character in a grand way. We are just starting to see the surface of this scratched with Ororo in BP, of all places, where she isn't even part of the permanent cast. Then, on top of this, Guggenheim tries to undermine this in the X-books by giving Storm a hammer? Anybody can wield a hammer if it's made for them, so anything Ororo does with hammer does not make her special, as it's the hammer doing everything. Not only that, but Storm's own innate power levels have been shown in some stories to be more powerful than a hammer. Guggenheim is just trying to devalue the true potential of the character by giving her this trinket.

I won't spend a dime on any of this crap!
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-06-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Storm lost her immunity to lightning cause yall made a mountain out of a mole hill which i was saying DIDNT COUNT BECAUSE THE BOLT DIDNT HIT HER. Y'all should've sat their and ate y'all food. I said what I said and ain't nobody finna snatch my wig.
    Attachment 66722
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Storm lost her immunity to lightning cause yall made a mountain out of a mole hill which i was saying DIDNT COUNT BECAUSE THE BOLT DIDNT HIT HER. Y'all should've sat their and ate y'all food. I said what I said and ain't nobody finna snatch my wig.
    Attachment 66722

Attachment 66722
    What happened? Did something happen in Red or Gold?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Attachment 66722
    Yeah I was wondering what rut was talking about. They won cuz Laura kicked her in the head.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    X-Men Red 4.

Gold is Hammer Time.

I'm not sure what it was supposed to be but when a book where marvels top african/ African American characters dont sale that is a problem.
    They took marvels top black characters (minus miles or sam or rhodes or blade or monica lol), put them in a street level story about cops that kill an activist (sure to bring in the comic book crowd...), and then sidelined the most popular one (tchalla) until the 3rd issue and sidelined the second most popular one (cage) until the 4th issue lol.

People came into a book called BP and the Crew and got a misty/storm teammate with a side of killer cops and wondered why people noped out immediately.

But, Coates can't write black excellence or anyting of the sort. Just dysfuction, always.

After the BP movie, if a writer truly put marvels top black heroes in the same team (say, BP, Miles, Cage, Storm, Monica for instance) and wrote an actual comic story featuring the team (not 5 issues of set up) doing cool comic ****, sure, it woudl do much better.

But, people who enjoyed the BP movie aren't going to want street level black dysfuction and misty knight
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-Men Red 4.

Gold is Hammer Time.
    I read that issue and while Storm was protected from the lightning, it didn't confirm or deny her immunity. So why did CookieOnTsunami say she lost her immunity?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah I was wondering what rut was talking about. They won cuz Laura kicked her in the head.
    The gripe was about Storm trying to commit Harakiri via Lighting due to the Sentanite told her told. Some people feel like it took Storm's immunity to lighting away because of it.

I mean this isn't the first time Storm tried to blast herself with Lightning.

Y'all remember this:

Attachment 66723

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Long Story short, Storm (not in her right mind) was about to commit suicide via a lightning bolt but it didn't happen because gentle blocked it from hitting her. So I was saying that since the bolt didn't hit her we don't have any evidence to show that she's no longer immune to lightning that she is still canonically immune to it but noooo. It got to the point where Taylor had to clear it up on Twitter and now she's back at square one, you know. The square where she's immune to lightning when it's under her control but she could be zapped by someone else or (and I'm being serious about this part) SOMETHING zaps her.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Long Story short, Storm (not in her right mind) was about to commit suicide via a lightning bolt but it didn't happen because gentle blocked it from hitting her. So I was saying that since the bolt didn't hit her we don't have any evidence to show that she's no longer immune to lightning that she is still canonically immune to it but noooo. It got to the point where Taylor had to clear it up on Twitter and now she's back at square one, you know. The square where she's immune to lightning when it's under her control but she could be zapped by someone else or (and I'm being serious about this part) SOMETHING zaps her.
    I didn't know about the twitter response. Welp.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

storm is still immune to lightning did I miss something?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

While I am a little sad about the book being in the works. I would much rather a black woman write a Storm solo. I mean Roxane gay and Eve Ewing come to mind. But that's just me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    While I am a little sad about the book being in the works. I would much rather a black woman write a Storm solo. I mean Roxane gay and Eve Ewing come to mind. But that's just me.
    I actually would prefer this too but coates still being a sense of a black eomsnd perspective with how he writes storm. bp&c was really evident of this to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

storm is still immune to lightning did I miss something?
    You're right, she still is. We are just going to ignore the PIS stuff in Red.