• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3429 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2429292933293379341934253426342734283429343034313432343334393479 ... LastLast
Results 51,421 to 51,435 of 52830
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You're right, she still is. We are just going to ignore the PIS stuff in Red.
    exactly.... now let's discuss this.

I saw someone mention that this scan demonstrates storm can control her lightning hurting her or not:

though I understand the rationale I dont completely agree. one pak mentioned that lightning cannot hurt her. in this scan above the lightning doesnt appear to be hurting her, which doesnt contradict her later immunity claim made by pak. two her skin around the wound was damaged meaning it was weakened, this portion of her body being able to burn is more an indication to this versus her being able to control her immunity, especially seeing no other parts of her body was burned in the process. what are ur thoughts?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly.... now let's discuss this.

I saw someone mention that this scan demonstrates storm can control her lightning hurting her or not:

though I understand the rationale I dont completely agree. one pak mentioned that lightning cannot hurt her. in this scan above the lightning doesnt appear to be hurting her, which doesnt contradict her later immunity claim made by pak. two her skin around the wound was damaged meaning it was weakened, this portion of her body being able to burn is more an indication to this versus her being able to control her immunity, especially seeing no other parts of her body was burned in the process. what are ur thoughts?
    Storm's powers are limited by the strength of her will and body. Perhaps, as you said, because her flesh around the wound was weakened, it made it at least partially able to be affected by the lightning. However, if Storm's bond with her environment is fully formed, and if she is in full health, then she cannot be harmed by lightning.

I'm not here to defend myself. But i believe Storm is only hurt with engery or lighting when she is not prepared for it.she is not immune to the cold her body adjust to the temp. So i would assume her body does the same with lighting

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I'm not here to defend myself. But i believe Storm is only hurt with engery or lighting when she is not prepared for it.she is not immune to the cold her body adjust to the temp. So i would assume her body does the same with lighting
    If that was the case channeling lightning would be fatal either way
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    To many establish writer prove Storm is hurt via lighting and other energy. And it's been shown Storm calling lighting down and bathing in it unharmed. So we must except she is not fully immune to lighting, whatever the reason maybe.

BANNED

Storm is completely immune to cold when her body is attuned to the universal life force around her. Lobdell tried to do the temperature thing, but that was quickly abandoned by all subsequent writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Exactly right given the extreme heat of lightning. That would mean she would freeze to death anything time she either channeled a bolt or self-generated one.

Love that we are finally getting more of them again

BANNED

To many establish writer prove Storm is hurt via lighting and other energy. And it's been shown Storm calling lighting down and bathing in it unharmed. So we must except she is not fully immune to lighting, whatever the reason maybe.
    Actually, most writers give her immunity to lightning, to be honest. She was never hurt by lightning that I can recall under Lobdell, Kelly, Seagle, Yost, Hudlin, McDuffie, etc.

Not being convinced of her lightning immunity I understand, but her body adjusting to weather rather than being immune to it (to some degree) doesn't make sense at all. How would her body counter the heat of lightning? Why else can she fly at high speeds without being battered by the wind? What about the past times she was completely fine in cold that would quickly kill a normal human or taking some instense heat? Riding and bathing in solar winds? Radiation? The fact that she has tanked lightning and billions/trillions of volts multiple times proves that her body isn't just compensating for it, including the increased electricity in her brain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Love that we are finally getting more of them again
    Yes nice art. Although, I give that issue 6/10. Nothing interesting. Storm made a big bolt of lightning to stop troops and then she became Wallpaper and had some diologue. I like how badass Namor came out the water tho was pretty sexy. Anyway, this issue was blah

I'm not going to go into a long rant about storm in red today but I will say rut was right.

carry on
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I actually enjoyed Red today. If we go into the book acting like it's Storm's own, then we're bound to be disappointed every issue! I believe Ta-Nehisi spoiled us a bit in Black Panther and we've become used to Storm being in the spotlight in someone else's book. Storm was a background character no more than any of the others. It's also just really nice seeing Ororo and Jean together again on panel.

My two-cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    I actually enjoyed Red today. If we go into the book acting like it's Storm's own, then we're bound to be disappointed every issue! I believe Ta-Nehisi spoiled us a bit in Black Panther and we've become used to Storm being in the spotlight in someone else's book. Storm was a background character no more than any of the others. It's also just really nice seeing Ororo and Jean together again on panel.

My two-cents.
    why is storm on the red team? I know why everyone is there based upon issue 5, but what did storm bring this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why is storm on the red team? I know why everyone is there based upon issue 5, but what did storm bring this issue?
    You'd have to ask Tom Taylor that question. Personally, Tom hasn't done anything to offend me concerning Storm so I'm perfectly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him tell his story. And who knows what his long term goal is for Storm? To my knowledge, no one in this thread is clairvoyant lol.