• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3438 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2438293833383388342834343435343634373438343934403441344234483488 ... LastLast
Results 51,556 to 51,570 of 52830
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Pretty much, and it happens to almost every character.

We know that, but I just don't think we should hold it against writers when they don't.
    Or...at the very least...not try to degrade them just because you disagree with how you think they are doing their jobs, especially the ones who are actually doing something decent.
    If her Energy Sight is activated when her eyes go white every time she uses her powers then the writers are not obligated to mention it every time she does some feat or, even acknowledge it at all...as it's a given. (Your glorified high-priest of the All-Goddess Coates didn't even mentioned her ES and NV).

Some of you all in here (CBR fora in general) acting all salty and indignant just because every writer isn't writing your favourites the way you, personally want them to be written...every...damn...time. tsk!

Sometimes, it's just nice to dress back, breathe...and just enjoy the flow, regardless of your personal nits.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-08-2018 at 04:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

if you want a simplified response, simplify your initial posts.

They were.

what evidence do you have they don't know it though?

and if they don't know, if they are being paid is this acceptable?

and perhaps i misinterpreted your initial points but it seemed that you were implying that since her powers aren't written with this detailed description it doesn't work that way anymore, is that correct? if you were not implying that i stand corrected as that was my only point of concern with your initial points.
    The same amount of evidence you have for them knowing. Their worth as writers shouldn't be based on whether they remember or acknowledge this one power.

I wondered if it has been or will be retconned out. Sure a writer could come along and make it obvious that she still has energy sight, but right now it seems like Marvel doesn't know what to do with her. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come up again for years if at all. At least until the X-books get their sh*t together.
    But at the same time we could get a great writer for Storm who doesn't know or acknowledge her sight and that would be perfectly fine. Her sight is the least important aspect of her powers imo. It would be nice for it to be metioned and used, but not necessary.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-08-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or...at the very least...not try to degrade them just because you disagree with how you think they are doing their jobs, especially the ones who are actually doing something decent.
    If her Energy Sight is activated when her eyes go white every time she uses her powers then the writers are not obligated to mention it every time she does some feat or, even acknowledge it at all...as it's a given. (Your glorified high-priest of the All-Goddess Coates didn't even mentioned her ES and NV).

Some of you all in here (CBR fora in general) acting all salty and indignant just because every writer isn't writing your favourites the way you, personally want them to be written...every...damn...time. tsk!

Sometimes, it's just nice to dress back, breathe...and just enjoy the flow, regardless of your personal nits.
    Hi beloved. My name is butterflykyss. nice to meet you. Seeing as though I was the one who mentioned Coates, and her being a "glorified high-priest of the All-goddess" as you so eloquently described you don't have to throw stones and hide your hands by saying "some of you all in here". It's clear your point is directed to me. So i will now direct this response clearly and directly to you.

When I made my initial points about her powers and how her powers function, and why writers don't show this level of detail, where did I say the writers are obligated to mention her eyes glowing means she perceives energy every time? i was arguing that them not doing this is not something they forgot but simply something they don't care to tell as it doesn't gel with the writers' overall story. It is all there in my original post. I went further to say that with writers who do care about the character they will dive a bit deeper with the storytelling and how it connects to the character's past mythos which is what we got with Coates. It doesn't always have to be with her powers and FEATZ as people who wish to shame someone try and say. In the instance of Coates, he explored her ties to Harlem, and how through her father she was able to connect with the community there. Also of course he linked her back to Adversary which is something I don't think most thought she would do, and her being an actual goddess which was something Claremont hinted at years ago. She hasn't gotten this type of development (especially with her ties to her father in America), since I believe claremont. So there is no saltiness or indignation, unlike the salt im tasting with the "glorified high preist" comment. That is just facts. Nowhere in any of my posts did I say they should show this every time or even on occasion, only that writers who care to about the character enough to write such things will do so. This is why most of this was written in Claremont's work, because he cared to go into this level of detail.

And I enjoy the flow of the stories that ring true to me canonically and express this. And when I don't i express this. I don't see the problem with either.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-08-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

They were.
    NOT.

The same amount of evidence you have for them knowing. Their worth as writers shouldn't be based on whether they remember or acknowledge this one power.

I wondered if it has been or will be retconned out. Sure a writer could come along and make it obvious that she still has energy sight, but right now it seems like Marvel doesn't know what to do with her. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come up again for years if at all. At least until the X-books get their sh*t together.
    But at the same time we could get a great writer for Storm who doesn't know or acknowledge her sight and that would be perfectly fine. Her sight is the least important aspect of her powers imo. It would be nice for it to be metioned and used, but not necessary.
    i never said their worth as writers should be based on that. where did i say that? i stated that they don't care enough to write these things because it doesn't gel with the stories they want to tell, such as with storm not being able to do anything against a cloud during IvX. They didn't care to show her being able to do this because it didn't fit with the story they wanted to tell, and frankly that to me was a lazy form of writing when you have a character who controls the weather being ineffective against a cloud.

and the bolded is actually what i thought you were implying with your initial points, which is why I have been posting instances throughout canon and even in movieverse that contradict this idea that her powers don't operate like that. Just because they don't show it doesnt mean they need to when there are multiple stories that already do this. That said, I think them showing this is the least of her problems in the Xbooks. It would be nice to see these things, but I as a fan prefer seeing her being more consistently written across the xbooks (more consistent to coates) and not taken orders from kitty. I think that is the biggest crap a horse manure I've ever read in a long time.

And again, I know I have said this again and again, but her energy sight is fundamental to how her powers work. She perceives the weather as forms of energy (via her energy sight) and then she molds it which results in the phenomenon we see as lightning or whatever power display she is wanting to duplicate.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

NOT.

You didn’t even know who I was talking about before this whole debate until I clarified it. So yes my intial point was short.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.

You didn’t even know who I was talking about before this whole debate until I clarified it. So yes my intial point was short.
    I didnt know because crimz was actually arguing that she doesnt hsve energy perception anymore because no writer has said this in a while. you were not making the same point crimz was, unless you think it is retconned or will be soon.

I didnt know because crimz was actually arguing that she doesnt hsve energy perception anymore because no writer has said this in a while. you were not making the same point crimz was, unless you think it is retconned or will be soon.
    I didn't say definitively she doesn't have it anymore. I wondered if they would retcon it away or never mention it.
    There is a difference.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

You just caused an actual Storm in here. You better run.

This will be my last post about this issue because we’re off topic:

1. You are leaving out EXTREMELY important piece of information in that fight. Because you neglected to tell everyone that Juggernaut himself said to do it again it won’t work. Meaning she caught him off guard. Rogue tried to hit him again with No Luck:

2. No that is NOT what happened. In the scan I posted below is right AFTER Rogue resists his gravity AND BEFORE Rogue kisses him. And she flat out says “Thas called Teamwork “ she did NOT beat him by herself. Graviton got distracted by Wanda.

Also, Corvus Glaive has no strength feats to say he is on par with the high timers. This is a H2H feat not strength. Really she just outmaneuvered him and killed him which is fair.

3. Punching someone a couple yards doesn’t mean your stronger or equal to that person. What I mean buy not winning is her battles that involved her using strength against High their powerhouses. The Results are: she can hang with them but not fully take them down.

No Rogue was NO match for Juggernaut as I just showed in my scans.

Colossus fought WWH a version of Hulk that would destroy Rogue right now. As I said before I do give Rogue her due respect, but she is by definition NOT leagues above Colossus.

That’s All I will say.
    You are completely wrong again.

For marvel WM this is the pair of Thor's strength, and both are above Colossus, that is ROGUE IS STRONGER THAN COLOSSUS.

1) you are wrong, not everyone can throw Juggy as he did Rogue ,,,, and what you omit, is that in the test of force Juggy and Rogue were even ,,, of hehco the floor was crumbling under them, ,,, Colossus could not even get close to doing that.

IN FACT IN THE FIGHT rOGUE WAS NEVER HUMILIATED OR SUBMITTED, CAIN CAN NOT SAY THE SAME.

Rogue I leave a mockery of Juggy twice ,,, first when I throw it against the car, and second when I stop pushing and throws which was Wanda and Brother V ,,,, and so it was that earned him WWHULK to Juggy too.

On the other hand Colossus has never done anything remotely similar, he has never managed to move Juggy from his site in his best versions.

2) Reread the comic, Rogue was walking towards Graviton that is a huge feat of strength, more than any colossus, and if it was Rogue who defeated Graviton giving him a little kiss XD.

3) wtf ... SPEAKS SERIOUS ???? MAKE FLYING TO SOMEONE HUNDREDS OF METERS at a stroke DO NOT YOU SEE IT LIKE A PHYSICAL PROEZA? IF THEN THIS IS BAD. VERY BAD.

**If it is a feat of incredible strength to make it fly hundreds of meters, SOMETHING COLOSSUS NEVER HAS have NEVER NEVER BE ABLE TO DO.

4) Corvus if he's out, he gave Hyperion problems to Ms Marvel and the Hulk himself.

In effect if Rogue >>>>>>> Colossus.

He has exploits, and also Colossus siemrpe has been below Wondermna.

Live with that.

Colossus has only have??? K.o or OWNED against the latest versions of Juggy and Hulk, in fact has come out with als broken ribs and arms folded They are respectively, instead Rogue if you have given your good shots and has been much closer to them in strength Colossus, that as I said or can not move a meter.

THIS IS THE STORM THREAD IF YOU WANT TO OPEN A THREAD TO THE RESPECT FORWARD.

BUT COLOSSUS IS BOTTOM IN PHYSICAL FORCE, BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY PROVED.
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 06-08-2018 at 05:55 PM.

I didn't say definitively she doesn't have it anymore. I wondered if they would retcon it away or never mention it.
    There is a difference.
    oh ok. it seemed like you were implying so with your points but cool.

BANNED

Another perk I want Storm to generate Plasma again.....THAT was VERY creative. :0)

Another perk I want Storm to generate Plasma again.....THAT was VERY creative. :0)
    that was... I would love to see it again.

Looks like I'm late to the thread. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    Looks like I'm late to the thread. What did I miss?
    chile a whole bunch of nothing lol.

some wonder if her energy sight and her ability to see in the dark is gone since it hasnt been written in a long time.