• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3445 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2445294533453395343534413442344334443445344634473448344934553495 ... LastLast
Results 51,661 to 51,675 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yep she was, but during World War Hulk this happened

So I guess he doesn't need to breathe now...
    While this is cute, it's not really something they should use on Vs. Boards because this was never shown on-panel to be true or not. (As far as I know)

Some Hulk fans try to use it but they really don't have any evidence to back it up
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She wouldn't be stopping him, she'd simply be redirecting his motion. Besides, Storm has broken the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak before.

Therefore Storm>Cyttorak>Juggernaut.
    While that is impressive, I thought it was established that at that point, Dr. Strange's connection/mastery of magic was weakened, and so his bands were not at their full strength.

I will post this in the Dr. Strange thread and see what they can advise on this instance.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While this is cute, it's not really something they should use on Vs. Boards because this was never shown on-panel to be true or not. (As far as I know)

Some Hulk fans try to use it but they really don't have any evidence to back it up
    Unfortunately LordAllMighty there is Proof:
    Right Here, it's still BS to me tho
    Attachment 67009

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    While that is impressive, I thought it was established that at that point, Dr. Strange's connection/mastery of magic was weakened, and so his bands were not at their full strength.

I will post this in the Dr. Strange thread and see what they can advise on this instance.
    It wasn't there was no clear indication that during that time Strange was Weak. The Empirical is the reason Magic is dead making Dr. S weak,but Civil War 2 happened BEFORE Dr. Strange Lost his Magic MOJO

So Storm destroying the Crimson Bands is a fair and square feat. :0)
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-12-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have to say...Storm destroying the Crimson Bands seem on par with the Black Panther Silver/Surfer arm band given that there is no clear context as to how she was able to do so in panel. How/Why was her lightning able to disrupt Dr. Strange's magic? Not quite PIS but close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have to say...Storm destroying the Crimson Bands seem on par with the Black Panther Silver/Surfer arm band given that there is no clear context as to how she was able to do so in panel. How/Why was her lightning able to disrupt Dr. Strange's magic? Not quite PIS but close.
    That is incorrect. If your gonna call this example PIS then the Hulk and Namor and Thor destroying the crimson bands is also PIS. That’s not fair that we give those heroes a pass and not Storm. That’s seems like a double standard to me.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-12-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

for a character whose blood links back to the sorceress supreme during the age of Atlantis and whose latent potential allowed her the ability to channel multiple mages power when magik couldn't, you can hardly call this pis:

and lets not forget Claremont himself mentioned that when he first made jean Phoenix it was supposed to put her at storms power level:

https://static1.comicvine.com/upload...1086-j7t54.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/upload...7277-2u7om.jpg

taking all of these things into account I dont think pis would be the appropriate conclusion here.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-12-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That is incorrect. If your gonna call this example PIS then the Hulk and Namor and Thor destroying the crimson bands is also PIS. That’s not fair that we give those heroes a pass and not Storm. That’s seems like a double standard to me.
    we have support from canon as to why she could break them.. there is no pis and no need to even compare to namor or thor. see the images and posts above. I dont some know about the mystical heritage that flows in her blood is all.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Exactly! Storm has been shown to have magical potential with blood ties to one of the Sorceress Supremes. Her being able to break out of the crimson bands should not be impossible for her.

Unfortunately LordAllMighty there is Proof:
    Right Here, it's still BS to me tho
    Attachment 67009
    I'm actually cool with it since it was done in the comics. Sadly, Storm fans won't get the same treatment from Hulk fans when it comes to her feats.

Would this be a case of Hulk slowly turning into Doomsday?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Exactly! Storm has been shown to have magical potential with blood ties to one of the Sorceress Supremes. Her being able to break out of the crimson bands should not be impossible for her.
    yup when you know these things a lot what she does makes sense. now if bendis was aware of this when he wrote this is another question lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm actually cool with it since it was done in the comics. Sadly, Storm fans won't get the same treatment from Hulk fans when it comes to her feats.

Would this be a case of Hulk slowly turning into Doomsday?
    of course not. everyone thinks her fans are rabid even when we provide evidence to back it up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not giving them a pass as I'm absolutely unconcerned whether or not they can break the bands. I'm actually just discussing that one page posted. To which I said, and I quote: "Not quite PIS but close..." only because it seems unclear to me how the lightning was used. That's all.

As Jalysia intimated...I could see her magical potential possibly giving her the advantage...but, with that not implicitly stated it seems like a bit of a stretch. A cool visual, I guess, but not really meaningful in the grand scheme.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-12-2018 at 03:55 PM.

I'm not giving them a pass as I'm absolutely unconcerned whether or not they can break the bands. I'm actually just discussing that one page posted. To which I said, and I quote: "Not quite PIS but close..." only because it seems unclear to me how the lightning was used. That's all.
    see my previous scans. the answer to your questions are there.

BANNED

As Jalysia intimated...I could see her magical potential possibly giving her the advantage...but, with that not implicitly stated it seems like a bit of a stretch. A cool visual, I guess, but not really meaningful in the grand scheme.
    Ok, that makes more sense, though in addition of how she used her lighting i'm going to guess she used a lot of force. Most people forget how creative Storm is when she uses her powers, we ALL know she can apply heavy force behind a Lighting Strike. I'm going to assume she did the same here on his Bands. I don't think this is much of a stretch considering the Bands have been broken using Force.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    of course not. everyone thinks her fans are rabid even when we provide evidence to back it up.
    Truth, nothing but the truth here.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-12-2018 at 05:45 PM.