• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3454 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2454295433543404344434503451345234533454345534563457345834643504 ... LastLast
Results 51,796 to 51,810 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I talked with marc Guggenheim and he told me he is doing his own thing with storm withiut ensuring it aligns to black panther in any way. I think that is absolutely insane and editorial should do a better job of this.
    Not shocked at all.

so babies imma do something I never thought I would do.

imma give guggs props for writing storm like a boss in issue 25. if he write her more like this I would have been the biggest shipper of him:

You know that's even more impressive when you think about all the people's powers those collars are keeping in check....Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Not a fan of the movie but I like "Lightning Teleport".
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-22-2018 at 05:51 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not shocked at all.

You know that's even more impressive when you think about all the people's powers those collars are keeping in check....Rachel.

Yeah I read elsewhere someone didn't agree that Storm should be able to do that but Rachel could since she's Omega level (is she or just as a tp/tk?) which doesn't make sense to me considering her deep connection to the elements and willpower actually makes more sense than simply being too powerful for the collar.

As op as lightning teleport and summing dozens of tornados are it still makes me upset because they're just thrown in there because they looked cool. She would be far more powerful than old Magneto if she can gather and manipulate that much energy with such ease.

The lightning teleport was such a waste. If she can do that, she could have soloed the whole X-Men team instead of being almost killed by Beast throwing a car back at her(she could have just teleported out of the way or just blown it back at him. Having Psylocke have to safe her was weak.).

Can't wait for the MCU Storm, though!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not shocked at all.

And yes, O'roro was able to do what Rachel and others couldn't
    #respect

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Yeah I read elsewhere someone didn't agree that Storm should be able to do that but Rachel could since she's Omega level (is she or just as a tp/tk?) which doesn't make sense to me considering her deep connection to the elements and willpower actually makes more sense than simply being too powerful for the collar.

As op as lightning teleport and summing dozens of tornados are it still makes me upset because they're just thrown in there because they looked cool. She would be far more powerful than old Magneto if she can gather and manipulate that much energy with such ease.
    Rachel doesn't have the Phoenix anymore and the dampener works on mutant abilities. Ororo's rage and abilities go beyond just that of being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The lightning teleport was such a waste. If she can do that, she could have soloed the whole X-Men team instead of being almost killed by Beast throwing a car back at her(she could have just teleported out of the way or just blown it back at him. Having Psylocke have to safe her was weak.).

Can't wait for the MCU Storm, though!
    Yea that movie was just trash all around. I checked out when O'roro was practically worshiping Mystique and needed Apocalypse to make her into the "goddess" we Fox-men lovers have been blessed to view all these years.

Goddess this reboot and recast can't happen fast enough.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I get why they hold back with Storms power in the movies. If she was at her full potential there would be no point to a fight. But the problem is, not only do they skimp on her powers, they also neglect her personality.

Also, Storm worshipping Mystique is disgusting. I've hated what they've done to both of those characters. They're my top two faves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I get why they hold back with Storms power in the movies. If she was at her full potential there would be no point to a fight. But the problem is, not only do they skimp on her powers, they also neglect her personality.
    I think she was held back bc she'd be too expensive to get right. She's the type of character who's powers would require alot of visual effects. It wasnt just her as this was felt with all the other characters with a visual power. Wolverine obviously is very minimal and dint have that problem

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think she was held back bc she'd be too expensive to get right. She's the type of character who's powers would require alot of visual effects. It wasnt just her as this was felt with all the other characters with a visual power. Wolverine obviously is very minimal and dint have that problem
    But then what's the excuse for characters like Rogue or Colossus? While I do agree visual effects would be more expensive for characters like Storm, there were many others who still got slighted who wouldn't require much if any visual effects to show them being relevant to the story. The reason Wolverine had so much focus is because he was a fan-favorite and Fox was about that green. It just so happens he didn't require as much CGI as Ororo and others.

I don't mind her gradually getting more power or control over her abilities but it shouldn't been by way of Apocalypse. Everything that is unique about her and her abilities, how she came to be was just lazily stripped away and what we got instead was a character needing a man to allow her to reach her full "potential" instead of her achieving this on her own. And even with this "boost", she still couldn't overcome Cyclops lolol. All of it is just trash to me lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Also, Storm worshipping Mystique is disgusting. I've hated what they've done to both of those characters. They're my top two faves.
    I also hated what they did to Rouge. I remember sitting in the theater just thinking like who the hell is this girl bc this isn't Rouge. Disney has a lot of cleaning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    I also hated what they did to Rouge. I remember sitting in the theater just thinking like who the hell is this girl bc this isn't Rouge. Disney has a lot of cleaning to do.
    lolol I agree. she reminded me of the xmen evolution storm a bit, which I didn't like how emo/goth she was.

But then what's the excuse for characters like Rogue or Colossus? While I do agree visual effects would be more expensive for characters like Storm, there were many others who still got slighted who wouldn't require much if any visual effects to show them being relevant to the story. The reason Wolverine had so much focus is because he was a fan-favorite and Fox was about that green. It just so happens he didn't require as much CGI as Ororo and others.
    I was responding to being held back in terms of powers, not characterization. Colossus wasnt really a main player but when he did get more of a presence in X3, his powers were showcased appropriately. Rogue only had her base line powers and we got to see her do the whole absorption thing in the first 2 films. Cyclops and Jean, the other two charcters with visual powers got slighted just like Storm. Scott barely blasted anything. Its quite a shame. Jean could barely lift a book and they got cheap and didnt ad any visual effects to her until she went all Dark Phoenix
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-22-2018 at 11:22 AM.

I was responding to being held back in terms of powers, not characterization. Colossus wasnt really a main player but when he did get more of a presence in X3, his powers were showcased appropriately. Rogue only had her base line powers and we got to see her do the whole absorption thing in the first 2 films. Cyclops and Jean, the other two charcters with visual powers got slighted just like Storm. Scott barely blasted anything. Its quite a shame. Jean could barely lift a book and they got cheap and didnt ad any visual effects to her until she went all Dark Phoenix
    gotcha. yea the foxmen movie is just not what I consider to be a fully realized and good adaptation of the xmen. it left a lot desired as your points all support.

gotcha. yea the foxmen movie is just not what I consider to be a fully realized and good adaptation of the xmen. it left a lot desired as your points all support.
    I just watched all 3 in the OT and its quite dissappointing. especially compared to the current industry standards. I was surprisingly shocked at how much I didnt dislike Storm in X3 as they beefed up her role and gave her more to do, but it almost felt too little too late by this point. They really set her up to be a major figure going forward but that movie destroyed so much that they wrote the series into a corner and forced them to do nothing but prequels and they still f--ked Storm up by the time they got back to her, as if they didnt have a good 10 years to think up a way to get her right

Fox had their shot and they blew it. Onward and upwards for Ororo. Can't wait to see who they cast for her in the MCU, and I hope we finally get her goddess debut(from Giant Sized) on screen, and hopefully flesh out her backstory too(how her parents died, etc).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I just watched all 3 in the OT and its quite dissappointing. especially compared to the current industry standards. I was surprisingly shocked at how much I didnt dislike Storm in X3 as they beefed up her role and gave her more to do, but it almost felt too little too late by this point. They really set her up to be a major figure going forward but that movie destroyed so much that they wrote the series into a corner and forced them to do nothing but prequels and they still f--ked Storm up by the time they got back to her, as if they didnt have a good 10 years to think up a way to get her right
    Yea X3 was the best in terms of her presence in the film. Halle Berry actually fought for he character to have a bigger role in X3 after X2. And agreed with the setup. She was the headmistress of the Xavier institute by the end of the movie so it was promising but it was all washed away because of the prequels as you mentioned. And I knew Fox wouldn't be able to get their ish together after the soft reboot. I wanted to be wrong but when I saw her zip lining in the air and becoming "storm" by way of apocalypse it further cemented the staff at Fox haven't the slightest clue how to properly handle these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Fox had their shot and they blew it. Onward and upwards for Ororo. Can't wait to see who they cast for her in the MCU, and I hope we finally get her goddess debut(from Giant Sized) on screen, and hopefully flesh out her backstory too(how her parents died, etc).
    Yes yes to all of this!!! Me either! I hope they don't f' it up!