• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3467 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2467296733673417345734633464346534663467346834693470347134773517 ... LastLast
Results 51,991 to 52,005 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    So can you get the episodes with Iona Morris's voice as Storm? I am fine with Sealy-Smith's voice on the episodes she originally recorded, but I found her voice to be weak on the re-recordings - particularly on the episodes Whatever it Takes and Red Dawn.
    Umm...you can get them online...kind of. If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think that scene was actually a nod to one of their interactions in the comics where they talked about loving to fly:
    Yes, you're right! Thank you for posting that!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Umm...you can get them online...kind of. If you know what I mean.

Yes, you're right! Thank you for posting that!
    you're very welcome boi. I don't think I asked but which animated cartoon did you like the best? and which version did the characters you liked the best?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you're very welcome boi. I don't think I asked but which animated cartoon did you like the best? and which version did the characters you liked the best?
    X-Men TAS because it was my first real exposure to the X-Men. Before that I had been reading Captain America and knew nothing about the X-Men. It's a bit nostalgia tinted because it was the first show that my Mom and I would watch together lol she loved it as much as I did.

As for which version of the characters, for Storm definitely the 90's show. I thought she was at her best (speeches aside lol) there. Second would be Evolution but I wish she'd had more to do and lastly was Watx. I don't count the anime because I thought it was trash. Oh, I actually also really liked her in the Black Panther cartoon a few years back. I thought Jill Scott gave her a serene but powerful quality that I enjoyed, despite how brief her appearance was on the show.

BANNED

she was able to create an atmosphere that her team ci7od breathe in while in space. even 616 storm hasnt done that.

storm in 616 has never done anything like that I think that demonstrates a huge amount of power one anime storm would never be able to do
    Nah, I Disagree. That is amazing, but 616 is Still far more powerful.

However as her being THE most powerful version of Cartoon Storm I Disagree still. One of the Anime Storm’s Lightning was strong enough to destroy Asgardian Destroyer Armor. And the Animated Storm pushed back a massive Tsunami without using Tornadoes or the Sun. I don’t think there is a for SURE way to say which is more powerful, but for me(as I said earlier) IMO it’s Evol Storm. She seemed able to counter all her Enimies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Is there anywhere you can get the videos or downloads of the X-Men the Animated Series with the original Storm voice? I like that better than the second voice they had for her. I bought the DVD's back in the day, but they didn't have the original Storm voice actress on them.
    That would be Iona Morris-sister of Greg Morris (one of the few actors who was in the Original Star Trek, movie, Next Generation, DS9 & Voyager series). She was also Claudia Grant in the 80s Robotech series. In the X-Men series her voice as more regal (like a Queen) than in Robotech. She was also Medusa in the 90s FF series. She's the daughter of Link from the original Mod Squad.

You best bet would be looking for the VHS-I know there was a set from Pizza Hut with episodes that might not be edited.

I think that scene was actually a nod to one of their interactions in the comics where they talked about loving to fly:

I love this scene with Storm, this particular panel was the inspiration for the WATX panel and the interaction that Ororo and Warren had.

By the way, taking out X-MenTAS has disappointed me enough as Storm has been used, or underused in the animated series.

In X-Men EVO Storm was an ornament or less than anything, hate this, epro ame the great development that Rogue and Jean had.

And in WATX more of the same Storm was flat and just decoration, hell, even Bobby and Kitty had more weight, but it was the Wolverine Show, and it only lasted a season, with luck to have continued, all the persoanjes would have been developed properly, but unfortunately we will never know.

I would like a new animated series, with the cast of the 90's, but with some new additions.

Also reminds me of them in Ultimate X-men

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

However as her being THE most powerful version of Cartoon Storm I Disagree still. One of the Anime Storm’s Lightning was strong enough to destroy Asgardian Destroyer Armor. And the Animated Storm pushed back a massive Tsunami without using Tornadoes or the Sun. I don’t think there is a for SURE way to say which is more powerful, but for me(as I said earlier) IMO it’s Evol Storm. She seemed able to counter all her Enimies.
    Storm TAS was more powerful than the other two versions of Storm.

That both were defeated very easily, especially EVO Storm that did not do anything useful in the whole Transition of Evolution.

Storm TAS is not that it was as strong as in the comcis, nid e fence, but it certainly had more prominence and it looked more dangerous than its later versions.

But in TAS not only Storm received the depowered factor, Rogue and Jean also, the 3 were absurdly diminished in power, especially Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

These panels are sublime, now Ororo and warren should interact more.

Lately it seems that Warren is only meant to interact with Psyclocke XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    These panels are sublime, now Ororo and warren should interact more.

Lately it seems that Warren is only meant to interact with Psyclocke XD.
    ironically those scenes were written by Bendis, whom many dislike for Storm

Unfortuntantely. I think the last time Warren and Storm interacted that I can recall was when Jean died. I wonder why Claremont chose him to deliver the news

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I dont read non-canon books but that was cute. it's kinda hard to think bendis wrote that. I would love the xmen fo dive in more to what these characters experience beyond being mutant. this was one of the reasons why I loved black panther and the crew. showing her shopping and enjoying the community of Harlem was something quite nice to see.

I love this scene with Storm, this particular panel was the inspiration for the WATX panel and the interaction that Ororo and Warren had.

By the way, taking out X-MenTAS has disappointed me enough as Storm has been used, or underused in the animated series.

In X-Men EVO Storm was an ornament or less than anything, hate this, epro ame the great development that Rogue and Jean had.

And in WATX more of the same Storm was flat and just decoration, hell, even Bobby and Kitty had more weight, but it was the Wolverine Show, and it only lasted a season, with luck to have continued, all the persoanjes would have been developed properly, but unfortunately we will never know.

I would like a new animated series, with the cast of the 90's, but with some new additions.
    yea I agree outside of tas stoem was just window dressings or as you stated simple an ornament.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I'm not saying the pryde version of storm is stronger than 616 but just pointing out she has done a feat not even 616 storm has done. and when did her lightning do that? all I remember her doing is tiring out whenever she used her power (outside of when she was on the bolt). for her to create a breathable atmosphere for her team would require a lot of strength while in space. but that's just my thoughts. I don't recall many impressive feats for evolution stoem. when did she hold back a tsunami?

X-Men TAS because it was my first real exposure to the X-Men. Before that I had been reading Captain America and knew nothing about the X-Men. It's a bit nostalgia tinted because it was the first show that my Mom and I would watch together lol she loved it as much as I did.

As for which version of the characters, for Storm definitely the 90's show. I thought she was at her best (speeches aside lol) there. Second would be Evolution but I wish she'd had more to do and lastly was Watx. I don't count the anime because I thought it was trash. Oh, I actually also really liked her in the Black Panther cartoon a few years back. I thought Jill Scott gave her a serene but powerful quality that I enjoyed, despite how brief her appearance was on the show.
    I also was introduced to the xmen with tas. and that is so sweet you and your mom would watch the show together. is she also a fan of the xmen? and storm?

and I completely agree with your account on the animated stoem versions
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hello my friend, I would you like to know your opinion, do you believe actaulamente with the recovery of the rights of the mutants, that soon we have a new animated series of X-Men?

And if so, what would be your ideal alignment?

Hello my friend, I would you like to know your opinion, do you believe actaulamente with the recovery of the rights of the mutants, that soon we have a new animated series of X-Men?

And if so, what would be your ideal alignment?
    i.do think we will get an animated xmen cartoon soon. I would love for the cartoon to be written as close as possible following the.comics so kids who dont know these characters can start loving them. i.would want the tone to be similar to young justice/tas. it would need to start with O5 and then introduced giant size xmen then go from there. how about you

I also was introduced to the xmen with tas. and that is so sweet you and your mom would watch the show together. is she also a fan of the xmen? and storm?

and I completely agree with your account on the animated stoem versions
    I can remember initially thinking Jean Grey wasn't so bad and I thought Storm was incredible, wasn't a huge fan of Rogue at first. Later, when I realized it looked like Jean was running around naked and passing out, I was like wtf is wrong with her? So then my love for Storm grew and by association Rogue. The two of them seemed to be best friends and so close on the show. Storm was like her big sister and Rogue was so protective of her, I loved their camaraderie and I loved Storm's relationship with Gambit, how she could calm Wolverine down and how while Scott was the leader, he respected her and her input, Xavier too. She never felt like a student to me, she was on par with Xavier in my opinion. It was the first time I'd seen a black woman in a cartoon be so great.

My Mom liked Rogue and Storm but I remember that we always talked more about the Storm episodes and she loved all of Storm's speeches and powers and the way she carried herself. But she was an X-Men fan, she'd read Giant Size and some other Claremont issues and she was familiar with the character and I think being a black woman from a poor family in Michigan she connected with Ororo, it was different than how I connected with the character but we loved her the same way. Now that she's older and I'm older we *still* hang out all the time and on occasion we'll watch TAS and it's just like it was when I was a kid.

Don't ask her about movie Storm though lol That's a good way to get that side eye where you know you're in trouble.

I can remember initially thinking Jean Grey wasn't so bad and I thought Storm was incredible, wasn't a huge fan of Rogue at first. Later, when I realized it looked like Jean was running around naked and passing out, I was like wtf is wrong with her? So then my love for Storm grew and by association Rogue. The two of them seemed to be best friends and so close on the show. Storm was like her big sister and Rogue was so protective of her, I loved their camaraderie and I loved Storm's relationship with Gambit, how she could calm Wolverine down and how while Scott was the leader, he respected her and her input, Xavier too. She never felt like a student to me, she was on par with Xavier in my opinion. It was the first time I'd seen a black woman in a cartoon be so great.

My Mom liked Rogue and Storm but I remember that we always talked more about the Storm episodes and she loved all of Storm's speeches and powers and the way she carried herself. But she was an X-Men fan, she'd read Giant Size and some other Claremont issues and she was familiar with the character and I think being a black woman from a poor family in Michigan she connected with Ororo, it was different than how I connected with the character but we loved her the same way. Now that she's older and I'm older we *still* hang out all the time and on occasion we'll watch TAS and it's just like it was when I was a kid.

Don't ask her about movie Storm though lol That's a good way to get that side eye where you know you're in trouble.
    awww this post warmed my heart especially the parts about you and your mother. thank you so much for sharing. (^_^)