• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3476 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 247629763376342634663472347334743475347634773478347934803486 ... LastLast
Results 52,126 to 52,140 of 52830
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Definitely agree with you. I don’t think she understands how significant Ororo as a character(comic and otherwise) is, in some ways it feels very disrespectful to the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she brought it up again chile like wth lol. I think she is doing this in the effort to.say mcu discriminated against her if they recast and get a dark skinned woman. she should let it go.
    Definitely agree with you. I don’t think she understands how significant Ororo as a character(comic and otherwise) is, in some ways it feels very disrespectful to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I agree. Storm is such an iconic character especially to black comic readers and she seems very dismissive. She's just trying to stay relevant.

Mighty Member

Alexandra need her behind beat. She needs a real talking to. Who are her friends? Like this girl is a damn mess and is not doing herself any favor.

I liked Storm since I first was introduced to the character in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends but I'm white and so she never held the meaning she does for POC and whites usually don't go deeper than "Hey they look pasty" when talking skin tone.

I can see both sides of the argument where people with Darker skinned feel betrayed by casting a lighter skinned actress given their is few little representation of darker skinned women in pop culture and I can see where someone lighter skinned felt Storm represented all black girls of all tones.

With that said her dismissiveness of the character and the source material is what really bugged me with her saying I won't have this conversation about a cartoon character and saying if it was Harriet Tubman she wouldn't do that. Simple if she doesn't want the backlash and doesn't respect the character and source material don't take the role as Malcolm Tucker would say F###ity Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I liked Storm since I first was introduced to the character in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends but I'm white and so she never held the meaning she does for POC and whites usually don't go deeper than "Hey they look pasty" when talking skin tone.

I can see both sides of the argument where people with Darker skinned feel betrayed by casting a lighter skinned actress given their is few little representation of darker skinned women in pop culture and I can see where someone lighter skinned felt Storm represented all black girls of all tones.

With that said her dismissiveness of the character and the source material is what really bugged me with her saying I won't have this conversation about a cartoon character and saying if it was Harriet Tubman she wouldn't do that. Simple if she doesn't want the backlash and doesn't respect the character and source material don't take the role as Malcolm Tucker would say F###ity Bye.
    Does the bolded mean you are a fan of "The Thick of It"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Does the bolded mean you are a fan of "The Thick of It"?
    Yes I like the Thick of It.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Alexandra need her behind beat. She needs a real talking to. Who are her friends? Like this girl is a damn mess and is not doing herself any favor.
    LOL this post made my night.

But on the real Alexandra doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. She doesn't seem to understand the racial politics that take place in Hollywood and the media at large. I don't want to be mad at her and I don't want to hate on her career, but she should really educate herself some more before she tries clapping back.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

u know i'm not sure. ideally i would want a dark skinned actress who was at least 5'9'' or 5'10". many of the women i have seen recommended don't fit all of those criteria. how about you?

oh wow. i didn't know your post was hijacked.

well she won't. i thought this topic was dead until she brought it back.. it just shows how ignorant she really is.
    I thought of Janelle Monae, she looks regal and gives me a storm vibe, she's also in moonlight and came out as pansexual recently

I think Shipp just wanted some attention, actors /actress feed off that, I remember something about Halle Berry saying she's bullied by her classmates in high school and it turns out she's prom queen and everyone loved her (it needs some fact checking, but her prom wasn't happy about being called bullies)
    Last edited by wano; 07-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.

This is not directed at anyone but I feel like it needs to be said.

One of the reason I try not to get into Storm discussion on message boards anymore, because I feel like there a underline of Racism and Sexism.

I look at some posters reply and go..."But your okay with Superman doing this and Hulk doing that and Thor doing some crazy ****...but let a Black Woman do that and the world is coming to an end.

The struggles is real people and I get tried of hitting my head against a wall of intolerances and ingronace. My sistas gave birth to man but can't even get a fair standing in this world.

That is all, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-07-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

One of the reason I try not to get into Storm discussion because I feel like there a underline of Racism and Sexism.

I look at some posters reply and go..."But your okay with Superman doing this and Hulk doing that and Thor doing some crazy ****...but let a Black Woman do that and the world is coming to an end.

The struggles is real people and I get tried of hitting my head against a wall. My sista gave birth to man but can't even get a fair standing in this world.

baby and I'm so GLAD you said it... because it is nothing but truth

thor can have all these cosmic feats no problem
    hulk can fight gods left and right no problem
    ww can be a goddess no problem
    iceman can be an omega level mutant no problem

but storm cant because her name is storm, she should only control weather, she would be too powerful, she cant she cant she cant and did I mention she cant. I dont see all these cant's with other characters. as I said I'm glad u said it because it needed to be. and it does beg to question if not misogynoir then what is the reasoning for the double standard.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-07-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I thought of Janelle Monae, she looks regal and gives me a storm vibe, she's also in moonlight and came out as pansexual recently

I think Shipp just wanted some attention, actors /actress feed off that, I remember something about Halle Berry saying she's bullied by her classmates in high school and it turns out she's prom queen and everyone loved her (it needs some fact checking, but her prom wasn't happy about being called bullies)
    I'm not sure how I feel about her. I've seen her perform but I dont really get the storm vibe she is a pretty woman though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about her. I've seen her perform but I dont really get the storm vibe she is a pretty woman though.
    Same here. And I still want Storm to be played by someone on the darker side.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Same here. And I still want Storm to be played by someone on the darker side.
    agreed 10char

hulk can fight gods left and right no problem

but storm cant because her name is storm, she should only control weather, she would be too powerful, she cant she cant she cant and did I mention she cant. I dont see all these cant's with other characters. as I said I'm glad u said it because it needed to be. and it does beg to question if not misogynoir then what is the reasoning for the double standard.
    Yeah, it was a late night yesterday and after reading your Miseducation thread I just had to say something...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

One of the reason I try not to get into Storm discussion on message boards anymore, because I feel like there a underline of Racism and Sexism.

The struggles is real people and I get tried of hitting my head against a wall of intolerances and ingronace. My sistas gave birth to man but can't even get a fair standing in this world.

hulk can fight gods left and right no
    problem

For me I like my heroes to struggle and the stronger the less that happens.
    The characters in bold I find so damn boring, and I've said my feelings on Hulk and his bullsh*t here. I hate Iceman being able to "shift consciousness" and create himself a new body from moisture. It completely kills any sense of danger to him and makes no sense.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!