• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3480 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 248029803380343034703476347734783479348034813482348334843490 ... LastLast
Results 52,186 to 52,200 of 52830
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sometimes I think Storm gets the most hate for just being a powerful black woman.

I know it's not from all posters but sometimes you can feel the bullshit from her haters.

I get what Claremont was saying about her being a mix of all races but he actually meant the opposite of what readers think. The blueprint for humanity came from Storm's ancestor...and we all carry their looks
    that's what I believe it to be honestly, I never see this level of hate in other forums. it's definitely not all posters but I the type of ridiculing I have seen of her and her fans in this forum and even outside websites is ridiculous.

I believe he was attempting to make the connection you made I just think it was poorly described. it hard though for anyone to assert she is a mix of all races when the panel before that the cop calls her black, and prior to this when even beaten by Dracula and she was transported to the hospital she was referred to as a black female. people who do that quote that to take it literally are trolling.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sometimes I think Storm gets the most hate for just being a powerful black woman.

I know it's not from all posters but sometimes you can feel the bullshit from her haters.

I get what Claremont was saying about her being a mix of all races but he actually meant the opposite of what readers think. The blueprint for humanity came from Storm's ancestor...and we all carry their looks
    You are, of course, 100% correct in all of your claims. I don't know any other character where if fans were to show naysayers their favorite character literally pulling a feat on panel that doesn't involve devaluing another character, the other fanbases argue that the character still can't do it. I mean, if you look at the thread where we just finished the discussion on Storm's powers, most fans said all she could do is essentially create winds, rain, lightning, snow, cold, etc. They don't want to accept that Storm can control the energy of stars, or perceive the universe around her (including stars, planets, empty space) as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will, etc. They maintain that position even after several scans are presented to prove the opposite. Meanwhile, when it comes to other characters like Jean and Magneto, readers try and give these characters power levels that canon has not given them. While I agree this is not true with every poster, it is the case with a good number of them.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-11-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You are, of course, 100% correct in all of your claims. I don't know any other character where if fans were to show naysayers their favorite character literally pulling a feat on panel that doesn't involve devaluing another character, the other fanbases argue that the character still can't do it. I mean, if you look at the thread where we just finished the discussion on Storm's powers, most fans said all she could do is essentially create winds, rain, lightning, snow, cold, etc. They don't want to accept that Storm can control the energy of stars, or perceive the universe around her (including stars, planets, empty space) as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will, etc. They maintain that position even after several scans are presented to prove the opposite. Meanwhile, when it comes to other characters like Jean and Magneto, readers try and give these characters power levels that canon has not given them. While I agree this is not true with every poster, it is the case with a good number of them.
    I approve this message. 100% fact.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's what I believe it to be honestly, I never see this level of hate in other forums. it's definitely not all posters but I the type of ridiculing I have seen of her and her fans in this forum and even outside websites is ridiculous.
    REALLY??? Yall must not get around.

I mean, if you look at the thread where we just finished the discussion on Storm's powers, most fans said all she could do is essentially create winds, rain, lightning, snow, cold, etc. They don't want to accept that Storm can control the energy of stars, or perceive the universe around her (including stars, planets, empty space) as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will, etc.
    Ask the fan of the following what THEY have to deal with Jaime Reyes, Inhumans, John Stewart, Riri, Miles, Ms Marvel, Sam Alexander, Moon Girl, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz. Wally West & Black Panther.

If Storm gets a new book-NO ONE will say "we need to band together to make sure it won't sell" like it was done to Nadia, Luke Cage, Mosaic, America & the upcoming WCA book.
    You will hear "its about TIME." Because we got somebody who can write her.

Storm fans got it EASY.

I will take discussions over power levels and abilities than what I've dealt with others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Hey folk!

So I've been noticing a lot of channels on youtube have been uploading these "all scenes" videos from most Marvel and DC characters shows/movies, and decided to get back into the editing room to do an EVO Storm one of my very own(all in HD)! It actually came in over an hour long! Enjoy!
    *WG - gives massive bear hug*

I watched thee entire video! Amazing work sir. Had me fully engaged. Loved the ending with the Evo comic pages that shows her joining Xavier <3 <3 <3.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    REALLY??? Yall must not get around.Ask the fan of the following what THEY have to deal with Jaime Reyes, Inhumans, John Stewart, Riri, Miles, Ms Marvel, Sam Alexander, Moon Girl, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz. Wally West & Black Panther.If Storm gets a new book-NO ONE will say "we need to band together to make sure it won't sell" like it was done to Nadia, Luke Cage, Mosaic, America & the upcoming WCA book. You will hear "its about TIME." Because we got somebody who can write her.

Storm fans got it EASY.

I will take discussions over power levels and abilities than what I've dealt with others.
    Lol that is so false it's comical.

I approve this message. 100% fact.
    Speaking nothing but truth.

Ask the fan of the following what THEY have to deal with Jaime Reyes, Inhumans, John Stewart, Riri, Miles, Ms Marvel, Sam Alexander, Moon Girl, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz. Wally West & Black Panther.

If Storm gets a new book-NO ONE will say "we need to band together to make sure it won't sell" like it was done to Nadia, Luke Cage, Mosaic, America & the upcoming WCA book..
    You got me with the Cuz and Baz part...as much as i see them i thought they were loved by fans. I'm not feeling the new WCA...so good luck to anyone reading it.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-11-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she gave him a nice eulogy. I dont think she hates him

ETA:

Storm in Red teaser

Oh yes I know that's why I said "Maybe she was just angry with him" over Xavier

The artwork looks good!

If Storm gets a new book-NO ONE will say "we need to band together to make sure it won't sell" like it was done to Nadia, Luke Cage, Mosaic, America & the upcoming WCA book.
    You will hear "its about TIME." Because we got somebody who can write her.

Storm fans got it EASY.

well the inhumans being hated has more to do with marvel trying to have them replace mutants. xmen are very popular the marvel offices should have never taken that approach if they wanted readers to like the inhumans. also a lot of the xmen where chomped to make the inhumans look good.

that said those characters are not hated because of their race or gender, and their fans arent taken to task because some readers wish her to be weaker than her established canon and give her fans grief when they are called out for their errors. nor do these characters have to counter stupid charges of her being racially ambiguous or deal with her being whitewashed in the movies for nearly 20 years, all while having the current actress dismissing the most prominent African American comicbook character to a crayola color. you really dont get it it you think storm fans have it easy.

you see discussions arent about just her power level and abilities. these conversations go into colorism, LGBTQ issues, misogynoir, racism, gender issues, etc. storm and discussions surrounding her are a lot more complex than you are crediting her for and you clearly haven't followed discussions in this thread because topics here most definitely arent solely based on power and abilities.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-12-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

oh wow. this is a very intense project you worked on. thank you so much for sharing when I get off I will definitely watch thank you doing this and sharing.
    Much appreciated, Kyss! I had such a great time going back over this series and I hope others enjoy themselves watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I LOVE EVO Storm SHE IS THE BEST!!!! and XTAS Storm two of my Favorite Storms
    I just realized it was you who commented directly on my video! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    *WG - gives massive bear hug*

I watched thee entire video! Amazing work sir. Had me fully engaged. Loved the ending with the Evo comic pages that shows her joining Xavier <3 <3 <3.
    Aww, I feel so loved!

Thank you, WR! It's great to hear from you.

A lot of people don't know about the comic book series, which has a few cool easter eggs that you wouldn't find in the show. She actually fought and kicked Calisto's a** in the sewers, was the first mutant to join Xavier's cause and power up cerebro to find others, was responsible for turning Logan away from Magneto and helping Jean get her mind clear when her telepathy spun out of control.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Hey folk!

So I've been noticing a lot of channels on youtube have been uploading these "all scenes" videos from most Marvel and DC characters shows/movies, and decided to get back into the editing room to do an EVO Storm one of my very own(all in HD)! It actually came in over an hour long! Enjoy!

Your dedication is awe-inspiring!

Ultimate Member

well the inhumans being hated has more to do with marvel trying to have them replace mutants. xmen are very popular the marvel offices should have never taken that approach if they wanted readers to like the inhumans. also a lot of the xmen where chomped to make the inhumans look good.

that said those characters are not hated because of their race or gender, and their fans arent taken to task because some readers wish her to be weaker than her established canon and give her fans grief when they are called out for their errors. nor do these characters have to counter stupid charges of her being racially ambiguous or deal with her being whitewashed in the movies for nearly 20 years, all while having the current actress dismissing the most prominent African American comicbook character to a crayola color. you really dont get it it you think storm fans have it easy.

you see discussions arent about just her power level and abilities. these conversations go into colorism, LGBTQ issues, misogynoir, racism, gender issues, etc. storm and discussions surrounding her are a lot more complex than you are crediting her for and you clearly haven't followed discussions in this thread because topics here most definitely arent solely based on power and abilities.
    And other characters don't deal with that mess?

Seriously.

"Namor needs to go back to Wakanda and wipe out the rest of those (insert racial slur) Wankandans?"

"I can't read a Batman book with that (insert slur) Duke Thomas."

"I read Batman for 45 years and I draw the line on that BLACK BOY being in it."

"We need to take our guns and shoot Fantastic Four in protest to that black (insert) Storm."

We almost got a black Dr Who-who declined after he got DEATH threats.

Black Panther made a billion dollars yet according to Marvel the face of the next phase of movie is Carol Danvers.

All characters of color deal with that too. It's not Storm exclusive.

Storm compared to a crayon? That is worthy of throwing a fit? I would have bigger rage that her own franchise doesn't care for her.

You do know that Storm and her fans have dealt with those issues before, right?

It’s not taking away from the other characters and what they and their fanbases have to deal with but the hate that Storm receives is from multiple groups. I’ve seen horrible things written about her over the years. Even some of her “fans” have said awful things.

She not only gets hate for her race but also her gender, sexuality, ethnicity, body, facial features etc.

A strong, beautiful, (perhaps)pansexual black woman who is tall, powerful and confident bothers many people unfortunately. It truly is sad and disheartening sometimes.

Y'all not about to come in here and minimize what Storm has to deal with. You ain't finna come in here and tell us that it's not only storm fans who has to put up with this.
    Attachment 68227
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Ever since X-Men the Animated Series, I always preferred Storm to be with Logan, and still do. In the beginning I wanted her with Remy but realized they were just best friends........however, the Black Panther and Storm pairing is beginning to grow on me. What a rollercoaster of a romance.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions