• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3488 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 248829883388343834783484348534863487348834893490349134923498 ... LastLast
Results 52,306 to 52,320 of 52830
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    jean needed a machine to amplify her powers that would never happen with Phoenix lll.
    Agreed, but my point of contention is the book keeps talking about how powerful Jean may be since she is going to start letting loose with her powers which the writer falsely claims she has never done before out of fear of the PF taking over her. Not only is everything about the writer's claim about Jean holding herself back in the past out of fear of the Phoenix Force taking over her demonstratively false, but it seems as if this aspect of Jean is going to be talked about while Storm gets ignored. We saw this happen time and again throughout the 90s and 2000s under Lobell's, Kelly's, Seagle's, and even Claremont's pen whenever Storm and Jean were on the same team. The same shape is taking form here. Don't expect anything from Storm in terms of power development or character progression. Heck, it doesn't even look right for Jean to be leading Storm as such a move seems like a major regression for Ororo's character (though not as bad as Kitty leading Storm).

That said, as you pointed out, Jean needing to use Seabro to amplify her powers is a valid point. However, again, the theme about "Jean is so powerful, let's explore it" will hinder any development of Storm's powers or any real mentioning about what Coates added to the character in the Adversary story arc over in Black Panther.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-18-2018 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Tbf, the book is kind of slow. No one has really done anything. And this is Jean's team.
    It is slow, and with the sales dropping off so quickly, I suspect X-Men Red won't be around too long.

It's sad when the 'bright side' is that Storm is conscious in Red. The bar is low.

That solo needs to happen fast.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Attachment 68393

OMG I love this!!!

Alex Ross just posted this on his IG page

•thealexrossartJust revealed... check out these 4 never-before-seen #MARVELOCITY cover paintings! Storm, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and Spider Woman — will be on display at #SDCC Booth 2415! Thanks @comicbook for the reveal ��

At least there's this to look forward to

I kid, I kid....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At least there's this to look forward to

I kid, I kid....
    Jesus .....
    Attachment 68395
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I need to complete my time machine so I can skip ahead 6 months.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I just remembered that Rachel took Storm out in the last issue of Gold, yet Guggs had her up and awake just to have her get taken out again in this one. Made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just remembered that Rachel took Storm out in the last issue of Gold, yet Guggs had her up and awake just to have her get taken out again in this one. Made no sense
    Nothing he does makes sense. Are we really surprised?
    Attachment 68408
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

On the bright side girls,we will be paying issue #33 dust. We won't post scans,we won't discuss it,we won't participate in review threads. As far as we're concerned issue #33 was never printed and published. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
    Attachment 68409
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

xmen gold is trash and in terms of presence red isnt much better. yall hit me up when ororo actually makes an appearance in an xbook. I'm out
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Agreed, but my point of contention is the book keeps talking about how powerful Jean may be since she is going to start letting loose with her powers which the writer falsely claims she has never done before out of fear of the PF taking over her. Not only is everything about the writer's claim about Jean holding herself back in the past out of fear of the Phoenix Force taking over her demonstratively false, but it seems as if this aspect of Jean is going to be talked about while Storm gets ignored. We saw this happen time and again throughout the 90s and 2000s under Lobell's, Kelly's, Seagle's, and even Claremont's pen whenever Storm and Jean were on the same team. The same shape is taking form here. Don't expect anything from Storm in terms of power development or character progression. Heck, it doesn't even look right for Jean to be leading Storm as such a move seems like a major regression for Ororo's character (though not as bad as Kitty leading Storm).

That said, as you pointed out, Jean needing to use Seabro to amplify her powers is a valid point. However, again, the theme about "Jean is so powerful, let's explore it" will hinder any development of Storm's powers or any real mentioning about what Coates added to the character in the Adversary story arc over in Black Panther.
    X-Men: Red's Jean's book. So of course it focuses on her, not Storm, because it is her book. Just like Storm gets a lot more development in the Black Panther because she is his wife, so it's sort of her/Storm's book too.

X-Men: Gold is ridiculous, plain and simple.

Re: Jean, with Disney buying out Fox and X-Men: Dark Phoenix coming out next year we'll see Jean back as Phoenix again soon enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    X-Men: Red's Jean's book. So of course it focuses on her, not Storm, because it is her book. Just like Storm gets a lot more development in the Black Panther because she is his wife, so it's sort of her/Storm's book too.

Re: Jean, with Disney buying out Fox and X-Men: Dark Phoenix coming out next year we'll see Jean back as Phoenix again soon enough.
    Stop posting about Jean in Ororo's thread. You people always trying to take over other characters thread with your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Stop posting about Jean in Ororo's thread. You people always trying to take over other characters thread with your opinions.
    You people? He was responding to a thread regular who made the initial post about Jean. He didnt just come in here and randomly bring her up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

X-Men Red is a team book just like the Gold Team and the Blue Team of the 90s were team books. Storm does less in the Red book than anybody else, and I believe the reason for that is because she's a threat to the primacy of Jean Grey. Jean can't compete with a well-written Storm, and Marvel knows that, so Storm gets written down.