• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3489 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 248929893389343934793485348634873488348934903491349234933499 ... LastLast
Results 52,321 to 52,335 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    X-Men Red is a team book just like the Gold Team and the Blue Team of the 90s were team books. Storm does less in the Red book than anybody else, and I believe the reason for that is because she's a threat to the primacy of Jean Grey. Jean can't compete with a well-written Storm, and Marvel knows that, so Storm gets written down.
    Namor's done less. The only thing he's actually done in this series is given the team asylum. Be patient the team just got assembled. People made similar complains about Gentle and Gambit and both got the spotlight this issue. Its a big roster so everyone cant get focus every issue. It will have to rotate. Storm's moment is likely to come next issue. Id bet money on that

X-men Red's an ensemble book but its more like X-men Legacy of the 00s than Blue and Gold of the 90s. Its character focused on Jean with a supporting cast in a similar way that Carey handled Rogue's book. It is what it is and she's lead
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-19-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Stop posting about Jean in Ororo's thread. You people always trying to take over other characters thread with your opinions.
    LOL I see what you did there...good one. LOL My first good laugh for the day, thank you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At least there's this to look forward to

I kid, I kid....
    I might've been excited about this if that blasted hammer wasn't involved. Stormcaster takes away from Ororo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I might've been excited about this if that blasted hammer wasn't involved. Stormcaster takes away from Ororo.
    you dont have to worry long about stormcaster
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

X-Men Red is a team book just like the Gold Team and the Blue Team of the 90s were team books. Storm does less in the Red book than anybody else, and I believe the reason for that is because she's a threat to the primacy of Jean Grey. Jean can't compete with a well-written Storm, and Marvel knows that, so Storm gets written down.
    She just joined the team. Gambit and Namor haven't really done anything either. This book is very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I'll take Storm from X-men red over Gold showing a black woman getting impaled by the American flag ANY DAY
    Attachment 68384
    Let me just bring this back one more time
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Let me just bring this back one more time
    For some reason I highly doubt the symbolism of that image and the impact it has, was lost on the writer and artist. Especially given the sensitive time we're in of racial injustice and blatant disregard to the lives of minorities in this country. I believe this is on par with the little black boy in the H&M campaign that was advertising the shirt with the phrase "coolest monkey in the jungle". They knew EXACTLY what they were doing, but back peddled and tried to play innocent when it received backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    For some reason I highly doubt the symbolism of that image and the impact it has, was lost on the writer and artist. Especially given the sensitive time we're in of racial injustice and blatant disregard to the lives of minorities in this country. I believe this is on par with the little black boy in the H&M campaign that was advertising the shirt with the phrase "coolest monkey in the jungle". They knew EXACTLY what they were doing, but back peddled and tried to play innocent when it received backlash.
    Shade honey! Welcome back!

And I agree with you entirely
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Shade honey! Welcome back!

And I agree with you entirely
    Thank you

If anyone's interested ... X-Men: Wakanda Forever preview

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

Thanks for sharing! I'm here for it
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

Damn Crackheads, always talking about the **** they use to be.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Damn I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Damn Crackheads, always talking about the **** they use to be.
    I'm SCREAMING!! Lol. Can I just say I LOVE the fact that Ororo uses shea butter?! And yellow at that! Also I'm totally here for the twists she has in her hair. It's cool to know she uses protective styling on her hair when she's not working. Those few panels really make her even more relatable.