• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3492 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 249229923392344234823488348934903491349234933494349534963502 ... LastLast
Results 52,366 to 52,380 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what are you basing this on?
    basing what on? Im comments are about whats displayed in the image

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    basing what on? Im comments are about whats displayed in the image
    what image?? maybe I'm missing something lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what image?? maybe I'm missing something lol
    try this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiutYdRUEAAHSzB.jpg

Can we make Storm's uniform from Red her official one now?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

thanks love and I think this supports my point we were talking a while back about this book.

how many more times do we need to be reminded of how awesome jean is??? like really?

first it was her blocking the bullets while ororo cowered helplessly behind jean and now this? I forgave the stupid sentinites mess but this is beyond ridiculous. they just replaced kitty with jean. is the only way we can see her be shown in a meaningful way is in a non xmen book or a solo? I'm tired of her being written down to serve as a prop for other characters. she has done this way before jean and it's getting old seeing jean do EVERYTHING in a team book.

hope this book continues to tank fast and hard.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-22-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Can't wait for Uncanny, ugh @ Red, really wish Storm would do something different than shoot lightning in an x-book for once, wasted opportunity.

I know it’s early but I’m not seeing the appeal so far for X-Men Red. If Taylor’s plan is just to explore Jean through her relationship with Storm then I’d rather him just say it up front so we can expect Storm’s role to be a limited support prop. I don’t mind so much that Jean is getting them to safety in a TK bubble. It doesn’t mean that Storm couldn’t do the same via the air sphere or electrolysis field combined with manipulation of the water/currents, but I agree that this is another wasted opportunity where Storm could have had a chance to do something and show value to the team other than just being a popular name to help sell the book.

I’m probably dropping the book at 7. I’m at the point where nothing Marvel publishes interests me anymore because they really suck at how they handle Storm so I’m ready to be done completely.
    Last edited by STORM1977; 07-23-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I know it’s early but I’m not seeing the appeal so far for X-Men Red. If Taylor’s plan is just to explore Jean through her relationship with Storm then I’d rather him just say it up front so we can expect Storm’s role to be a limited support prop. I don’t mind so much that Jean is getting them to safety in a TK bubble. It doesn’t mean that Storm couldn’t do the same via the air sphere or electrolysis field combined with manipulation of the water/currents, but I agree that this is another wasted opportunity where Storm could have had a chance to do something and show value to the team other than just being a popular name to help sell the book.

I’m probably dropping the book at 7. I’m at the point where nothing Marvel publishes interests me anymore because they really suck at how they handle Storm so I’m ready to be done completely.
    I actually don't think it is too early for you to make your assessment. Taylor has made it a mission to show people how powerful Jean can be without the Phoenix Force but this should not come at the expense of the other powerhouses. What's the point of having her assemble a team of herors if at each obstacle one character is shown as solving them all? I'm just over it. I was hoping that red would be different in that it wouldn't be another solo book disguised as a team book but this appears to be gold all over again. I will definitely take a hard pass on this.

Modern comics tend to do that[use 'team' books as actual solos, with everyone else on the team as just wallpaper]. I don't know how Claremont managed to juggle his casts so well. Sure, Scott, Jean, Ororo, and Logan might have been more central to the stories overall, but everyone got their due, had their subplots, and moments to shine.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I actually don't think it is too early for you to make your assessment. Taylor has made it a mission to show people how powerful Jean can be without the Phoenix Force but this should not come at the expense of the other powerhouses. What's the point of having her assemble a team of herors if at each obstacle one character is shown as solving them all? I'm just over it. I was hoping that red would be different in that it wouldn't be another solo book disguised as a team book but this appears to be gold all over again. I will definitely take a hard pass on this.
    I think its over blown and I dont think its fair to say that Jean handles all the obstacles. She's assembled a team and she's been able to do everything together with her team. So far everything she's done has been with the contribution of those around her from neutralizing Storm, removing the nannites, Trinary's rescue, dealing with the soldiers in #5 etc... She leads but they all help her do that. That preview is but one page and IA, it was a wasted opportunity for Storm, but hopefully thats not the case when the full issue is out

I think Reds biggest problem is how slow its going and double shipping could have helped with that The first 6 issues were about assembling the team and we are only now about to take the threat head on. Its been a slow ride to get here

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Modern comics tend to do that[use 'team' books as actual solos, with everyone else on the team as just wallpaper]. I don't know how Claremont managed to juggle his casts so well. Sure, Scott, Jean, Ororo, and Logan might have been more central to the stories overall, but everyone got their due, had their subplots, and moments to shine.
    Even Claremont faltered. His classic New Mutants was just as large as Red's cast but Magma and Karma always got the end of the stick. Both never were central to any plots once they joined (rejoin with Karma) and seemed to be there underdeveloped. No surprise that they were the first two Simonson got rid of when she took over
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-23-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Even Claremont faltered. His classic New Mutants was just as large as Red's cast but Magma and Karma always got the end of the stick. Both never were central to any plots once they joined (rejoin with Karma) and seemed to be there underdeveloped. No surprise that they were the first two Simonson got rid of when she took over
    Karma got her own intro story where she basically pwned the FF and Spider-Man(the two biggest non-X's at Marvel), and was the original leader of the team. Magma's intro story brought Selene and Nova Roma into play. Even if they didn't get huge focus over the course of the series under Claremont, 7/9 is still pretty damn good.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Karma got her own intro story where she basically pwned the FF and Spider-Man(the two biggest non-X's at Marvel), and was the original leader of the team. Magma's intro story brought Selene and Nova Roma into play. Even if they didn't get huge focus over the course of the series under Claremont, 7/9 is still pretty damn good.
    Yeah like I said once they joined. That stuff with Karma was before NM and she was quickly "killed" off within the first 5 issues. The only other story she had was when she was fat dealing with SK but Claremont did nothing to her when he had her rejoin. She always worried about her siblings in the background.

Again Magma's big story was when she joined with Nova Roma but she never had any story arcs after under him. She got possessed in the Cloak and Dagger arc but thats it. She ironically got more development when Simonson wrote her out and had her join the Hellions

I think its over blown and I dont think its fair to say that Jean handles all the obstacles. She's assembled a team and she's been able to do everything together with her team. So far everything she's done has been with the contribution of those around her from neutralizing Storm, removing the nannites, Trinary's rescue, dealing with the soldiers in #5 etc... She leads but they all help her do that. That preview is but one page and IA, it was a wasted opportunity for Storm, but hopefully thats not the case when the full issue is out

I think Reds biggest problem is how slow its going and double shipping could have helped with that The first 6 issues were about assembling the team and we are only now about to take the threat head on. Its been a slow ride to get here

1. Who neutralized the sentinites in Ororo's head? Who neutralized the army who was looking go capture mutants? Who is working to develop a country/nation for mutants to leave away from ridicule and tyranny of governments that dont understand them? Who has had more interactions with Nehzno since he has appeared in the book, even though Ororo had a deeper connection with him prior to this book? and how many times have we heard "just wait until the issue is out" for our gripes to be confirmed? I dont think we need to wait because everything leading to this issue, including that preview confirms what has been said about Jean and Ororo appearing in a book together: that Ororo would be written down to prop jean up. If Taylor isnt careful, he will do to Jean what Guggenheim did to kitty.

agreed and agreed. the older Claremont stories especially captured how each member of the team was essential to its success. I dont get that from these new age books.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-23-2018 at 10:25 AM.

1. Who neutralized the sentinites in Ororo's head? Who neutralized the army who was looking go capture mutants? Who is working to develop a country/nation for mutants to leave away from ridicule and tyranny of governments that dont understand them? Who has had more interactions with Nehzno since he has appeared in the book, even though Ororo had a deeper connection with him prior to this book? and how many times have we heard "just wait until the issue is out" for our gripes to be confirmed? I dont think we need to wait because everything leading to this issue, including that preview confirms what has been said about Jean and Ororo appearing in a book together: that Ororo would be written down to prop jean up. If Taylor isnt careful, he will do to Jean what Guggenheim did to kitty.

agreed and agreed. the older Claremont stories especially captured how each member of the team was essential to its success. I dont get that from these new age books.
    Jean, Laura and Nehnzo all helped take down Storm. When Jean removed the nannites from Storm's head, she did it with the aid of Black Panther and Trinary. We saw Gabby, Laura, Jean, Gentle, Nightcrawler and Storm dealing with the army. Jean proposed the idea of the mutant nation but she gathered emotional support from Kurt and political support from BP and Namor before her hearing. She's not doing anything alone. She respects her teammates and isnt ordering them around and being a bitch to them the way Kitty is

Jean, Laura and Nehnzo all helped take down Storm. When Jean removed the nannites from Storm's head, she did it with the aid of Black Panther and Trinary. We saw Gabby, Laura, Jean, Gentle, Nightcrawler and Storm dealing with the army. Jean proposed the idea of the mutant nation but she gathered emotional support from Kurt and political support from BP and Namor before her hearing. She's not doing anything alone. She respects her teammates and isnt ordering them around and being a bitch to them the way Kitty is
    Laura or Nehzno could have been replaced with any other character, they were not essential to what happened with Ororo. Jean took the knowledge from Tchalla and Trinary to effectively remove the threat, without Jean it would not have happened. Ororo didnt deal with the army, she stood in the background doing absolutely nothing. And the others did a couple of things but it was again Jean who neutralized the threat. And with the mutant nation despite who she went to for support she was the one driving the change. She is central and key to everything, even Cassandra mentions this. Give me one issue since 6 where the story didnt heavily revolve around Jean and what Jean could do (either in terms of her power or her helping someone else)?

And people being annoyed with kitty has nothing to do with her being a bitch but everything to with her being the central protagonist as being shown to solving all the threats. it is not much different from what we are seeing in red or jean. Yes the way in which she is showing leading is different but the end result is still the same which is this book is a low key solo book meant to highlight how great jean is.