• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3493 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 249329933393344334833489349034913492349334943495349634973503 ... LastLast
Results 52,381 to 52,395 of 52830

Anyways, enough of these non-Storm thoughts.

Attachment 68611
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

For good or bad, Red is essentially Jean Grey's book. She is the central character. Gold was pretty much Kitty's book. I agree that Storm needs more focus. She is one of the best characters, yet some writers tend to sideline her. I've always preferred Storm as a leader. She is too powerful, in mutant ability and personality, to be a follower. Although, I do like Jean being an Xavier type visionary leader.

Besides the above scan, Storm also created air/pressure force fields during the original Gold Team era such as the Into the Void storyline. When I saw the Red scans, I immediately thought Storm didn't need saving by Jean's TK bubble. Storm clearly has some control over water as she can control evaporation, condensation, precipitation, etc. In an early Uncanny issue, Storm is trapped underwater and thinks that she should be able to control water, but it is a heavier medium than air. The suggestion was that it is harder to control water than air and she simply hadn't learned how yet.

Additionally, I've long disliked the over reliance on Jean's TK bubble. Some writers (especially during the 90s) had her use it way too much just as some writers over rely on Storm's lightning bolts. At least lightning is a better go-to move than a pink bubble.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    For good or bad, Red is essentially Jean Grey's book. She is the central character. Gold was pretty much Kitty's book. I agree that Storm needs more focus. She is one of the best characters, yet some writers tend to sideline her. I've always preferred Storm as a leader. She is too powerful, in mutant ability and personality, to be a follower. Although, I do like Jean being an Xavier type visionary leader.

Besides the above scan, Storm also created air/pressure force fields during the original Gold Team era such as the Into the Void storyline. When I saw the Red scans, I immediately thought Storm didn't need saving by Jean's TK bubble. Storm clearly has some control over water as she can control evaporation, condensation, precipitation, etc. In an early Uncanny issue, Storm is trapped underwater and thinks that she should be able to control water, but it is a heavier medium than air. The suggestion was that it is harder to control water than air and she simply hadn't learned how yet.

Additionally, I've long disliked the over reliance on Jean's TK bubble. Some writers (especially during the 90s) had her use it way too much just as some writers over rely on Storm's lightning bolts. At least lightning is a better go-to move than a pink bubble.

I agree with the overall message behind this post. I ultimately dont care if jean is central to the story but there needs to be better balance on showcasing everyone's abilities and the need for them on the team. You brought up this scan which was another I thought about when I read the preview:

if Taylor can change the trajectory of the book I'm all for it but after 7 issues and the preview it seems unlikely this will happen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Anyways, enough of these non-Storm thoughts.

Attachment 68611
    fair enough. very excited of comcast dropping out. one of my biggest Hope's is that from the merger I hope to see better treatment of ororo and a confirmed solo book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

When this is all said and done I want x-men evolution revisited.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    When this is all said and done I want x-men evolution revisited.
    you liked evolution storm??? I thought she was way too stuffy. I want to see a storm that isnt afraid to let her hair down.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Laura or Nehzno could have been replaced with any other character, they were not essential to what happened with Ororo. Jean took the knowledge from Tchalla and Trinary to effectively remove the threat, without Jean it would not have happened. Ororo didnt deal with the army, she stood in the background doing absolutely nothing. And the others did a couple of things but it was again Jean who neutralized the threat. And with the mutant nation despite who she went to for support she was the one driving the change. She is central and key to everything, even Cassandra mentions this. Give me one issue since 6 where the story didnt heavily revolve around Jean and what Jean could do (either in terms of her power or her helping someone else)?

And people being annoyed with kitty has nothing to do with her being a bitch but everything to with her being the central protagonist as being shown to solving all the threats. it is not much different from what we are seeing in red or jean. Yes the way in which she is showing leading is different but the end result is still the same which is this book is a low key solo book meant to highlight how great jean is.
    I wont disagree with you that Jean is central to Red bc she is. Its a book built around her and doesnt try to hide that. Its been 14 years since so this is appropriate

IDA with your second paragraph though. The way Kitty treats her team has been problematic. She doesnt respect them and just barks orders around. Its not like she goes to anyone for help, advice, support, etc...She just knows everything and has been obnoxious at times with her power. Thats been one complaint (among many) since Gold launched

As for Storm's future, I do wonder if she will be in Uncanny X-men's relaunch as a team member. If she does go, I hope she at least keeps her Red look

Yeah, no. Evolution Storm was horrible(as was most of that show). I couldn't stand the art direction, let alone the characterizations. I'll give them their finale, those were the best four episodes they could manage, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you liked evolution storm??? I thought she was way too stuffy. I want to see a storm that isnt afraid to let her hair down.
    Evolution Storm is THAT b*tch I'm sorry. My only gripe is she was older than everyone else. She was regal as hell though and cut up whenever she showed up.

It was the annoying little porcupine I didn't like
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I want new costumes too. The giant belly button "x's" on the Red team looks don't work for me. Nor does the vaguely 'X' shaped yellow pipping on Storm, in particular. It's better than the boring Gold bathing suit, sure, but no. Not really feeling the new diadem, either. The high poneytail is okay, I guess, but the headband makes even less sense than her original one.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Evolution Storm is THAT b*tch I'm sorry. My only gripe is she was older than everyone else. She was regal as hell though and cut up whenever she showed up.

It was the annoying little porcupine I didn't like
    Spyke was an abomination, and they never even managed to properly explain his relation to Ororo(how does she have an American sister when she was orphaned and lived in Africa after that). While Storm was basically the powerhouse in that show, compared to a bunch of whiny kids that is no real compliment. I guess if Evolution was the show you grew up on/were introduced to first, you'll have your soft spot for it, but I watched the whole series and was happy it was cancelled.

I want new costumes too. The giant belly button "x's" on the Red team looks don't work for me. Nor does the vaguely 'X' shaped yellow pipping on Storm, in particular. It's better than the boring Gold bathing suit, sure, but no. Not really feeling the new diadem, either. The high poneytail is okay, I guess, but the headband makes even less sense than her original one.
    Would you be down with her keeping the look with modification or would you rather her get a completely new costume? Storm has a history of repurposing her costumes by tweaking them

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Would you be down with her keeping the look with modification or would you rather her get a completely new costume? Storm has a history of repurposing her costumes by tweaking them
    I might do a version, at some point, of the Red look myself, to show where I'd make changes, but I'd be down for a whole new look. It's not exactly a revolutionary design as it is. Black catsuit with cutouts and yellow accents is right from the lookbook.

Spyke was an abomination, and they never even managed to properly explain his relation to Ororo(how does she have an American sister when she was orphaned and lived in Africa after that). While Storm was basically the powerhouse in that show, compared to a bunch of whiny kids that is no real compliment. I guess if Evolution was the show you grew up on/were introduced to first, you'll have your soft spot for it, but I watched the whole series and was happy it was cancelled.
    Plus, he was a Marrow ripoff power wise. He was the token black teen, since they decided not to make Ororo the same age as Scott and Jean, although she is canonically around the same age as them in the comics. Then again, they made Rogue the same as as S&J, even though technically she should be a preteen or younger and Kitty even younger.

I still think they should've gone with my design I did for Storm back in 2013. > I was honestly hurt, lol.