• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3495 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 249529953395344534853491349234933494349534963497349834993505 ... LastLast
Results 52,411 to 52,425 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    No worries, I got you. It was originally a submission for a Project Rooftop contest for a Storm Costume Redesign. I opted for something different than what she's always been portrayed in, but still recognizable. My talent has grown since, and I should probably redo it, but here it is.

Wow! This looks amazing. I will definitely love to see this on a solo Storm cover.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you liked evolution storm??? I thought she was way too stuffy. I want to see a storm that isnt afraid to let her hair down.
    https://corner4art.com/product/storm...agazine-cover/

I saw this at the comic book show with Priest yesterday.

I did not know that was a real product.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I know this discussion was a few pages back, but it looks like someone posted a picture of Storm doing what Jean is doing is X-Men 7 and he responded....

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...95868200046592

Lets see if its anything to get worked up over
    Thanks for posting this but...we’ll see. We received similar tweets/interview responses Latour, that UXF writer (forgot his name), Lemire, Guggenheim, and others. Their delivery was an epic fail.

I actually don't think it is too early for you to make your assessment. Taylor has made it a mission to show people how powerful Jean can be without the Phoenix Force but this should not come at the expense of the other powerhouses. What's the point of having her assemble a team of herors if at each obstacle one character is shown as solving them all? I'm just over it. I was hoping that red would be different in that it wouldn't be another solo book disguised as a team book but this appears to be gold all over again. I will definitely take a hard pass on this.
    That’s how its been coming off to me. Not begrudging Jean her due, as she has been really only been given value to the X-verse as an avatar for the PF/being uber powerful/love interest. Its rare we get to see her in this capacity. That being said I agree with everything you stated above. I like Jean but I only picked Red up for Storm. Others may not immediately get the exhausted frustration we Storm fans feel when this has been the X-writer M.O. for so long. #imjadedasfuck

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I warned everybody ahead of time about Storm and Jean being on the same team in X-Men Red. I knew this crap was going to happen.

@Everyone: This whole "exploring how powerful Jean is" has been done to death. We saw it in

Taylor is just doing the same old theme again about "exploring how powerful Jean is" which has been done to death. This time, he is telling a lie about Jean holding herself back when she has the Phoenix Force to try and introduce this concept as a new idea. It's all an excuse to justify writing Storm down.
    you was absolutely correct. silly me to have been hoping for anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Compare any of Claremont's six issues and you will find that they balance the cast far better than what we see in modern comics.
    nothing but truth!

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I know this discussion was a few pages back, but it looks like someone posted a picture of Storm doing what Jean is doing is X-Men 7 and he responded....

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...95868200046592

Lets see if its anything to get worked up over
    as you can Taylor didnt acknowledged the question about issue 7. lolol pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wont disagree with you that Jean is central to Red bc she is. Its a book built around her and doesnt try to hide that. Its been 14 years since so this is appropriate

IDA with your second paragraph though. The way Kitty treats her team has been problematic. She doesnt respect them and just barks orders around. Its not like she goes to anyone for help, advice, support, etc...She just knows everything and has been obnoxious at times with her power. Thats been one complaint (among many) since Gold launched

As for Storm's future, I do wonder if she will be in Uncanny X-men's relaunch as a team member. If she does go, I hope she at least keeps her Red look
    well the people I have seen complain about gold has been due to kitty doing everything. in fact some people said they enjoyed his writing of the team when she and the xmen went to jail because the story didnt center around how awesome she was. so again Taylor at this point seems to be going down a similar path with jean, he would be smart to go in a different direction if he doesn't want jean to be hated like kitty is.

Yeah, no. Evolution Storm was horrible(as was most of that show). I couldn't stand the art direction, let alone the characterizations. I'll give them their finale, those were the best four episodes they could manage, but no.
    I agree here too. the apocalypse storyline was pretty good. but that doesnt say much the show was overall not good to me.

Spyke was an abomination, and they never even managed to properly explain his relation to Ororo(how does she have an American sister when she was orphaned and lived in Africa after that). While Storm was basically the powerhouse in that show, compared to a bunch of whiny kids that is no real compliment. I guess if Evolution was the show you grew up on/were introduced to first, you'll have your soft spot for it, but I watched the whole series and was happy it was cancelled.
    lolol me 2
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Thanks for posting this but...we’ll see. We received similar tweets/interview responses Latour, that UXF writer (forgot his name), Lemire, Guggenheim, and others. Their delivery was an epic fail.

That’s how its been coming off to me. Not begrudging Jean her due, as she has been really only been given value to the X-verse as an avatar for the PF/being uber powerful/love interest. Its rare we get to see her in this capacity. That being said I agree with everything you stated above. I like Jean but I only picked Red up for Storm. Others may not immediately get the exhausted frustration we Storm fans feel when this has been the X-writer M.O. for so long. #imjadedasfuck
    yea it is frustrating especially when to get a well written storm I have to go outside the xbooks. its quiet sad.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    Wow! This looks amazing. I will definitely love to see this on a solo Storm cover.
    Thank you.

BANNED

So, here is the solicitation for X-Men Red #9 coming out in October:

X-MEN RED #9
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • ROGE ANTONIO (A)
    Cover by JENNY FRISON
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY JONG-JU KIM
    • Following the shocking events of X-MEN RED #8, it’s time for Jean to finally confront her demon head-on.
    • Jean Grey and Cassandra Nova... The showdown begins here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

There is nothing in Jean's history to even hints that she could even slow Nova down in a psychic fight. Meanwhile, on the team is Ororo Munroe, a character who has tons of history that more than proves she has what it takes to destroy Nova in a fight, yet all of that will be ignored to prop up Jean. I know I have complained about this stuff before, but now, actually seeing it in a solicitation, just made it all the more real for me. I sincerely hope this book tanks. Prepare for Nova to be devalued to prop up Jean just as Emma was devalued to prop up Jeen. Also, be prepared for Storm to be either wallpapered or badly written down in order for Jean to be shown as the one to be a threat to Nova in a fight.

I'm not paying a penny for this book. I really hope it tanks soon!

On the bright side, I didn't see any Guggenheim X-Men Gold crap in the October solicitations.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-24-2018 at 11:26 AM.

So, here is the solicitation for X-Men Red #9 coming out in October:

X-MEN RED #9
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • ROGE ANTONIO (A)
    Cover by JENNY FRISON
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY JONG-JU KIM
    • Following the shocking events of X-MEN RED #8, it’s time for Jean to finally confront her demon head-on.
    • Jean Grey and Cassandra Nova... The showdown begins here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

There is nothing in Jean's history that even hints that she would stand a chance against Nova in a fight. Meanwhile, on the team is Ororo Munroe, a character who has tons of history that more than proves she has what it takes to destroy Nova in a fight, yet all of that will be ignored to prop up Jean. I know I have complained about this stuff before, but now, actually seeing it in a solicitation, just made it all the more real for me. I sincerely hope this book tanks. Prepare for Nova to be devalued to prop up Jean just as Emma was devalued to prop up Jeen. Also, be prepared for Storm to be either wallpapered or badly written down in order for Jean to be shown as the one to be a threat to Nova in a fight.

I'm not paying a penny for this book. I really hope it tanks soon!

On the bright side, I didn't see any Guggenheim X-Men Gold crap in the October solicitations.
    lololol gold is gone but I'm not sure what lasting affect his ororo-centric stories will have on her. it could be pretty bad so hopefully he doesnt meas her established continuity in any way.

also ororo has already been wallpaper in red so expecting something different would be silly.

BANNED

lololol gold is gone but I'm not sure what lasting affect his ororo-centric stories will have on her. it could be pretty bad so hopefully he doesnt meas her established continuity in any way.

also ororo has already been wallpaper in red so expecting something different would be silly.
    Hopefully, the hammer goes when Guggenheim goes.

Better look at the Fantastic Four over and solicit

Every Fantastic Four member ever, joins the battle!
    FREE-4-ALL!
    • The Fantastic Four is more than a team. It’s a family. And when the fate of the very Multiverse is at stake, that means it’s time for the ENTIRE family to have a reunion.
    • Everything you’ve been waiting for? It’s in THIS issue.
    • Guest-starring: Spider-Man, Wolverine, the Hulk, Ghost Rider, Medusa, Crystal, Luke Cage and MORE

Storm is definitely appearing this issue!

Shame about Wolverine
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-24-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hopefully, the hammer goes when Guggenheim goes.
    (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Better look at the Fantastic Four over and solicit

Every Fantastic Four member ever, joins the battle!
    FREE-4-ALL!
    • The Fantastic Four is more than a team. It’s a family. And when the fate of the very Multiverse is at stake, that means it’s time for the ENTIRE family to have a reunion.
    • Everything you’ve been waiting for? It’s in THIS issue.
    • Guest-starring: Spider-Man, Wolverine, the Hulk, Ghost Rider, Medusa, Crystal, Luke Cage and MORE

Storm is definitely appearing this issue!

Shame about Wolverine
    this solicit doesnt assure me she will do anything other than make a small cameo. but this is still cool. hopefully she has a meaningful appearance in the book.

BANNED

(^_^)

this solicit doesnt assure me she will do anything other than make a small cameo. but this is still cool. hopefully she has a meaningful appearance in the book.
    The solicitation doesn't do anything to assure me as well for two reasons:

1) The roster is too huge meaning Storm will probably just make a small cameo hurling lightning bolts in the background like wallpaper.
    2) I don't like the idea of Storm being on a team with another elemental. Crystal is going to be in this book alongside Ororo. The indication is Storm is going to be written down so Crystal has stuff to do.

(^_^)

1) The roster is too huge meaning Storm will probably just make a small cameo hurling lightning bolts in the background like wallpaper.
    2) I don't like the idea of Storm being on a team with another elemental. Crystal is going to be in this book alongside Ororo. The indication is Storm is going to be written down so Crystal has stuff to do.
    The more books outside the X-Men she shows up in the better imo.

I have no clue how Slott will write it as issue 1 hasn't even come out yet. But I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

agreed. especially since her name wasnt even mentioned in the solicit. I have zero expectation of will be anything beyond what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The more books outside the X-Men she shows up in the better imo.

I have no clue how Slott will write it as issue 1 hasn't even come out yet. But I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

I agree she needs to be everywhere so she has a bigger presence but unfortunately when she does she doenst really add anything to the story. time will l tell.

Red is not a team book. It's the Jean show. Don't expect any of the characters bar honey badger to do anything useful