• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3512 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 25123012341234623502350835093510351135123513351435153516 ... LastLast
Results 52,666 to 52,680 of 52830
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    maybe within the team books but Kitty and Jean arent the reasons why that solo has gone nowhere.
    what does the solo have to do with the xoffices centering their main stories around white characters?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what does the solo have to do with the xoffices centering their main stories around white characters?
    Nothing which is why I didnt get your original comment. Didnt Jen and Coates say it never happened bc it didnt work within their schedules? Plans change. If it was ever going to happen, I think its not anymore. It was never officially announced and doesnt exist

Man if I didn't occasionally visit here, I'd swear some of you have a particular hatred towards white fictional characters lol.

Nothing which is why I didnt get your original comment. Didnt Jen and Coates say it never happened bc it didnt work within their schedules? Plans change. If it was ever going to happen, I think its not anymore. It was never officially announced and doesnt exist
    My original comment was around the xfranchise centering their stories around white characters and their "struggles".

Schism
    The return of the O5
    Mutant Massacre
    Utopia
    Death of X
    Wolverine and the Xmen
    Jean Grey School
    Xmen Gold/Red
    Extermination

The main xstories in past 10 or so years have centered around white characters and their vision for the xmen. The only time a character of color was afforded that opportunity that character was shown as ineffective, indecisive, and questioned every step of the way. Her solo that may or may not happen doesnt really matter in the grand scope of that initial question.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-30-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Man if I didn't occasionally visit here, I'd swear some of you have a particular hatred towards white fictional characters lol.
    I don't have a hatred towards fictional white characters. I have a distaste for fake diversity. The xmen are supposed to the the arbiters of inclusivity yet when you look at the stories that drive the franchise they are all about white characters. Dont confuse me addressing this fact about a lack of diversity as hatred because you would be misinformed and missing the point.

Where are the non-white mutant leaders? Standing behind the white ones...

Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-30-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I don't have a hatred towards fictional white characters. I have a distaste for fake diversity. The xmen are supposed to the the arbiters of inclusivity yet when you look at the stories that drive the franchise they are all about white characters. Dont confuse me addressing this fact about a lack of diversity as hatred because you would be misinformed and missing the point.
    I wasn't... that's why I said if I didn't already post here sometimes, my perceptions would probably be different. I've seen yours and others frustrations before about how the X-office treat minority characters lately. I share those frustrations too... maybe not to the degree as some of you though.

My original comment was around the xfranchise centering their stories around white characters and their "struggles".

Schism
    The return of the O5
    Mutant Massacre
    Utopia
    Death of X
    Wolverine and the Xmen
    Jean Grey School
    Xmen Gold/Red
    Extermination

The main xstories in past 10 or so years have centered around white characters and their vision for the xmen. The only time a character of color was afforded that opportunity that character was shown as ineffective, indecisive, and questioned every step of the way. Her solo that may or may not happen doesnt really matter in the grand scope of that initial question.
    My bad. I misinterpreted things and thought you were responding to the ? about Storm's solo. I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I wasn't... that's why I said if I didn't already post here sometimes, my perceptions would probably be different. I've seen yours and others frustrations before about how the X-office treat minority characters lately. I share those frustrations too... maybe not to the degree as some of you though.
    I probably wouldnt be so frustrated if the one moment in the post avx area ororo had to lead wasnt handled so differently from the other female/male characters who have led. The way Ororo became a leader and the way it ended was so OOC, and unlike any of the other female or Male characters who have led post AvX.

My bad. I misinterpreted things and thought you were responding to the ? about Storm's solo. I apologize
    oh I see it's cool no worries.

BANNED

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There is a strong racial component to this whole Storm/Jean dynamic at Marvel. If it were a less prominent black character like Frenzy that we were dealing with, then of course I could see why she would be regulated more to the background while Jean is elevated to the forefront. However, this is Storm we are talking about. When written well, her popularity is second only to Wolverine. From a pure business standpoint, it makes much more sense for Marvel to be pushing Storm moreso than Jean and giving Storm all kinds of developments like we got from Coates when she guest-starred in his Black Panther book. Instead, Marvel seems to resent the popularity Storm's character has amassed with the readership and wish to take that favor off of her and have the readers place it on Jean. It's because of poor business decisions like this plus shoddy writers with the B-rank editorially-mandated storylines that the sales are in constant decline.

Even if Marvel wanted Jean to be the Leading Lady of the X, then they should still write both Ororo and Jean well and let the readers decide who they prefer. The only problem with that is readers have always chosen a well-written Storm over a well-written Jean by and large. Marvel has a problem with that, and the only reason that comes to mind for me is the racial difference between the two characters. I'm not one of these people who say that a certain character should be pushed just because they are black either; however, with regards to the Storm situation that has been going on consistently whenever Jean was on the same book roster as she (and this has gotten worse in the x-books ever since Storm married Panther all those years ago for some silly trumped up reasons by the x-office since now that whole "write-down-Storm-to-prop-up-Jean" effect is being transferred to even less consequential characters like Kitty Pryde), people have to call it like they see it. Marvel has a problem with readership that is predominatly white liking a black character as much as Storm is liked when she is written well.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-30-2018 at 09:17 PM.

from Marvel Powers United VR. Kind of interesting that they go to this as her default look instead of one of her more recent comic looks

I can't stand when they put her diadem on top of her head. It's supposed to hug her face, and only her widow's peak is inside it's boundary. It should also cover her ears for the most part. Modern artists get this wrong a lot, but it was clearly defined back in the day.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There is a strong racial component to this whole Storm/Jean dynamic at Marvel. If it were a less prominent black character like Frenzy that we were dealing with, then of course I could see why she would be regulated more to the background while Jean is elevated to the forefront. However, this is Storm we are talking about. When written well, her popularity is second only to Wolverine. From a pure business standpoint, it makes much more sense for Marvel to be pushing Storm moreso than Jean and giving Storm all kinds of developments like we got from Coates when she guest-starred in his Black Panther book. Instead, Marvel seems to resent the popularity Storm's character has amassed with the readership and wish to take that favor off of her and have the readers place it on Jean. It's because of poor business decisions like this plus shoddy writers with the B-rank editorially-mandated storylines that the sales are in constant decline.

Even if Marvel wanted Jean to be the Leading Lady of the X, then they should still write both Ororo and Jean well and let the readers decide who they prefer. The only problem with that is readers have always chosen a well-written Storm over a well-written Jean by and large. Marvel has a problem with that, and the only reason that comes to mind for me is the racial difference between the two characters. I'm not one of these people who say that a certain character should be pushed just because they are black either; however, with regards to the Storm situation that has been going on consistently whenever Jean was on the same book roster as she (and this has gotten worse in the x-books ever since Storm married Panther all those years ago for some silly trumped up reasons by the x-office since now that whole "write-down-Storm-to-prop-up-Jean" effect is being transferred to even less consequential characters like Kitty Pryde), people have to call it like they see it. Marvel has a problem with readership that is predominatly white liking a black character as much as Storm is liked when she is written well.
    you make some very great points rut as always. continue to spread the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't stand when they put her diadem on top of her head. It's supposed to hug her face, and only her widow's peak is inside it's boundary. It should also cover her ears for the most part. Modern artists get this wrong a lot, but it was clearly defined back in the day.

[IMG]https://library.wustl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/mghl_xmen.jp

I never noticed that until you mentioned it.

from Marvel Powers United VR. Kind of interesting that they go to this as her default look instead of one of her more recent comic looks
    I like the write up especially being one the most powerful being. I like her look too.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-30-2018 at 11:49 PM.

That's a Surprisingly good on-point description of her.

Double post
    Last edited by ShepardOakenshieldPrime; 07-31-2018 at 04:24 AM.

art by Magickmarker