• Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3522 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 2522302234223472351235183519352035213522
Results 52,816 to 52,830 of 52830

Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Funny how we could have a whole article about this trash but we couldn't even get a note on a carrier pigeon when she was revealed as the Hadari Yao
    A black woman as a Goddess!?!?! Stop it, no one comes here for your fantasy stories.

Next thing you're gonna try to tell, Africans had their own gods they worshipped.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A black woman as a Goddess!?!?! Stop it, no one comes here for your fantasy stories.

Next thing you're gonna try to tell, Africans had their own gods they worshipped.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-03-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm came into Gold defeated and depressed over her performance as leader during the terrigen crisis and IvX. In 33 issues, none of this has been addressed with her. We havent seen any growth or her reclaiming her confidence and strong persona she is known for. Instead she's become reliant on a hammer to give her false power but there's been no actual character development with her. I'll have to wait and see how Godwar ends but given how much of a waste the Dark Rachel Saga was in terms of wrapping up Rachel's arc, I have little faith. This entire run will have been inconsequential for Storm. If we ignore it or erase it from the records, it will not matter bc literally nothing happened with her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm came into Gold defeated and depressed over her performance as leader during the terrigen crisis and IvX. In 33 issues, none of this has been addressed with her. We havent seen any growth or her reclaiming her confidence and strong persona she is known for. Instead she's become reliant on a hammer to give her false power but there's been no actual character development with her. I'll have to wait and see how Godwar ends but given how much of a waste the Dark Rachel Saga was in terms of wrapping up Rachel's arc, I have little faith. This entire run will have been inconsequential for Storm. If we ignore it or erase it from the records, it will not matter bc literally nothing happened with her

all this truth yall are throwing me this day is really making me proud. she has had ZERO development in this book and the one area where she has had tremendous development major sites like cbr ignores. call em out. this mess in gold (this hammer, her dead parents, her kissing gambit, her naps, her pulling out the xse badge) is nothing we should be promoting as good for the the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The new guy is actually Shadow King? :/
    That's how the first Ainet story went. At first it was the trickster god Anansi(which doesn't even make sense because he's a West African god, but....), but that was revealed to be a shell for Shadow King. Hmm, now that I think of it, that was the first time SK used spider imagery, which he used again heavily in the recent Astonishing arc.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Also, the CBR article is incorrect. N'Dare wasn't princess of "Uzuri". She's princess of a still unnamed culture that is hidden in the Great Rift Valley, and it is not the same village where Ororo was worshipped as a goddess during her youth(she was actually worshiped by many villages, and she lived in seclusion by herself in a freaking treehouse!).

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I heard of game of thrones and even watched a little of the first season but that's it. I don't know of the character you mentioned. I will have to see if I can watch a clip of her on YouTube.
    Actually, she's in the first episode, but she's still very young and hasn't yet come into her power. I'm not sure random youtube clips out of context will convey her character correctly. While the show/books are veeeeeery white, it's a really good story, and she does remind me of Ororo in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Actually, she's in the first episode, but she's still very young and hasn't yet come into her power. I'm not sure random youtube clips out of context will convey her character correctly. While the show/books are veeeeeery white, it's a really good story, and she does remind me of Ororo in a lot of ways.
    well do you have any particular episode you would recommend? I can see if I can watch that episode.

There is a mistake (maybe more?) in the article. The Suez crisis took place in 1956, not 1952. It took place the same year the Soviets invaded Hungry and Eisenhower was running for re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Funny how we could have a whole article about this trash but we couldn't even get a note on a carrier pigeon when she was revealed as the Hadari Yao
    Agreed. Has there been any media/articles discussing Storm's power-up in Black Panther?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. Has there been any media/articles discussing Storm's power-up in Black Panther?
    I've seen a couple. but not from the main comicbook sites:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/black-panthe...s-a-1825468881

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...-comic-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

April was good to us

Spectacular Member

So I figured I'd take a crack at making a casting choice for Storm. I still would prefer to find a darker skinned actress (can we just throw Angela Bassett into a time machine please?) so hopefully I can find a good fit eventually. But my suggestion for today is Annie Ilonzeh.

She's not quite as tall as Storm should be but she's still taller than Angela Bassett, Lupita Nyong'o and Sonequa Martin-Green at apparently 5ft 6 ¾. I think she has a good look and I like her cheekbones (which I always felt like Storm should have good cheekbones.) Of course she would need to hit the gym too IMO. I also tried searching for someone over 30 to be closer in age to Chadwick Boseman. Not sure how the hardcore fans would feel though which is why I'm posting it here to see what you think!

Attachment 69005
    Attachment 69006

Edit: ugh the size of the images shrunk so much after trying to attach them! If you just want to see a video where she speaks then here's another option:

Last edited by TurboTaj; 08-04-2018 at 11:07 AM.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules