• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 451 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 3514014414474484494504514524534544554615015519511451 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 52830
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Hooray! Thanks for sharing!

Agreed. I mean, simple isn't necessarily bad if it's well done. Better than trying to mash a bunch of everything together without much thought to story sense.

ANYWAY

I forgot to post this!

It's Val Kementari's review of Storm #1!

The top version is without spoilers, the bottom version is with spoilers:
    http://stormsanctum.tumblr.com/post/...-with-spoilers

Love that image of Storm YASSSSSS!

Oh my god I'm so happy I've got stars in my eyes. Just finished reading my digital copy and I'll probably pick up a hard copy just to memorialize how perfectly thrilled I was with issue 1 of this solo. There's huge swathes of Storm's post-80s history I haven't read yet, but this issue was a fantastic introduction to modern continuity (and seriously: THIS is how you "update" old, now-problematic elements of the X-'verse, exactly like this), Storm's current role, and what makes her who she is. She's got all the temper and conviction, mediated by wisdom, that I remember from the classics. Gold star for Pak, today.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaraBrae View Post
    Oh my god I'm so happy I've got stars in my eyes. Just finished reading my digital copy and I'll probably pick up a hard copy just to memorialize how perfectly thrilled I was with issue 1 of this solo. There's huge swathes of Storm's post-80s history I haven't read yet, but this issue was a fantastic introduction to modern continuity (and seriously: THIS is how you "update" old, now-problematic elements of the X-'verse, exactly like this), Storm's current role, and what makes her who she is. She's got all the temper and conviction, mediated by wisdom, that I remember from the classics. Gold star for Pak, today.

Chile!!!!!! You betta shut yo mouth!!!! Ahhh im just loving all of the overwhelmingly positive feedback the first issue has received!! I hadn't picked up my copies yet but will be heading out in the next couple hours to my LCS!!!!!

Spectacular Member

All join me in celebration of a fantastic GODDESS DAY!!

I thought it was a great first issue. Helped establish the character and his vision for her while making her flawed and sympathetic to people unfamiliar with her. My only MINOR complaint was that I thought it was a bit immature of Storm to make it rain on the army dude... but I understand it was played for laughs.

I'm very excited for where Greg Pak will be leading us next!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post

I thought it was a great first issue. Helped establish the character and his vision for her while making her flawed and sympathetic to people unfamiliar with her. My only MINOR complaint was that I thought it was a bit immature of Storm to make it rain on the army dude... but I understand it was played for laughs.

happy goddess day davey!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I absolutely loved the first issue and thought it was a great way to introduce Storm to new readers, Characterization IMO was spot on even her losing her cool with the army guy, but Storm isnt taking anymore bs from anyone, I love the passion she has for helping people. The art was great, I loved Storms facial expressions all in all a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I absolutely loved the first issue and thought it was a great way to introduce Storm to new readers, Characterization IMO was spot on even her losing her cool with the army guy, but Storm isnt taking anymore bs from anyone, I love the passion she has for helping people. The art was great, I loved Storms facial expressions all in all a great issue.
    the "hi" was the crowning moment for me
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    the "hi" was the crowning moment for me
    That was cute I agree and then they took a picture together I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    That was cute I agree and then they took a picture together I loved it.
    thanks to all trusty google, i've aquired what i think six pages+ the two preview ones lol
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Guys go buy this issue!!! I dont imagine any storm fans having one complaint with what Pak was able to do with our gurl!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I have Given My Review Today of Storm #1 and it is Located Here; WARNING SPOILERS! ;-)

http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post337578

Did not want to Spoil the issue here, would not be far.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Like the Amazing X-Men Annual, this issue is a little introductory for a seasoned Storm fan, but unlike Amazing X-Men, this issue really delivers with subtle characterization and awesome conundrums for her to act upon. As a #1, it has to open things up for brand new readers, and for that reason I can completely understand, and I look forward to seeing where else Pak will take Ororo. She is in the best of hands.

Creep was great. I love her powers and her point of view, an excellent antagonist for Professor Munroe. Beast as tech support was good. Excellent use of Storm's powers, both in grans scale and subtly.

Ibanez figured out Ororo's face after the first few pages and really delivered some fine artwork! His use of body language to convey action is a powerful storytelling device and his faces are very real, expressive. I wish Ruth Redmond's colors were up to the task. She doesn't do a bad job, but her muted palette and flat tonal approach is a little underwhelming.

Overall, fantastic issue, I look forward to the next installment.

Only nitpicks would be:

Ditch the white gloves for the Wolverine and the X-Men open-hand version of her costume.

I want more, now, faster!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Guys go buy this issue!!! I dont imagine any storm fans having one complaint with what Pak was able to do with our gurl!!
    i can't .. apparently they're not here..
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    There were only three at my comic store (... I was EARLY! ). I know my comic shop has started to sell just the variant covers (esp. Skottie Young) on a nice protected cardboard A4 for £1, have others done this too? I got several Skottie Young covers (for series I wasn't going to get) this way!
    THere's supposed to be a blank variant cover as the 4th variant cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Hooray! Thanks for sharing!

Agreed. I mean, simple isn't necessarily bad if it's well done. Better than trying to mash a bunch of everything together without much thought to story sense.

ANYWAY

I forgot to post this!

It's Val Kementari's review of Storm #1!

The top version is without spoilers, the bottom version is with spoilers:
    http://stormsanctum.tumblr.com/post/...-with-spoilers

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post

THat's great to know that you loved it.

I still don't have a copy so I'll be late with my own feelings for the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    i can't .. apparently they're not here..
    Just try to look and ask. I was hopeless too until somebody gave me a link that will allow me to order Storm #1.