• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 498 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 3984484884944954964974984995005015025085485989981498 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 52830
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    *roll eyes*
    What? Hahahaha.

Agreed. That's what I like so much about Storm vs. Magneto it's a fair fight. They are both one of the few mutants powerful enough to (realistically) take the other on.
    It's time for Storm to win the next time they have a one on one battle.

Thanks to everyone else who's given me such a warm welcome! You guys are so nice

If I could jump into the Singer portrayal of Storm in the X-Men films-- I actually quite liked Storm in the X-movies, although I felt she was very underused, as she always is. I know Halle Berry fought for her to have more of a presence in X3 (which wasn't Singer but) which leads to Storm taking more of a leadership role and I did like that aspect of the movie. Storm is strong and intelligent and I'd like to see her in more of a leadership role. I actually prefer her as the leader of the team over Cyclops.

One thing I loved about Storm in the first X-Men movie was how Halle Berry gave her just the slightest accent. I loved that little bit. She got rid of it in X2 and X3 though, and I was bummed about that. I also really, really loved her hair in X2 and X3 and in DoFP it was awesome, too.

I do wish they had let Storm do more than just provide freakin' cover for the Blackbird, though. "Storm, a little cover here?" SHE CAN ZAP EVERYONE, GUYS, BUT SURE, LET'S JUST LET HER MAKE FOG.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by comic_nerd View Post
    I do wish they had let Storm do more than just provide freakin' cover for the Blackbird, though. "Storm, a little cover here?" SHE CAN ZAP EVERYONE, GUYS, BUT SURE, LET'S JUST LET HER MAKE FOG.
    They did: she created epic tornadoes to take out the planes too.

Very pleased to have you in the thread

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Please give me a link that Claremont often tried to introduce queer relationship/suggestions in his original run. And please don't say CLEARLY cos it isn't.

Sorry, but I really don't see it here on my end. The first time Storm and Yukio meet, you do know the reason why she like Yukio and why she went with the punk look.

I believe you already read the thread about Captain America if he is gay ( but is lost when the website rebooted). There were also implications there that he might not be straight.

It's been a while already and there are no interviews, no formal declaration that Storm is not straight.

I'm not against it. It's just that you are pushing everyone to believe that Storm is bisexual, that she should become bisexual, and you even sound like you're declaring she is really a bisexual.

I'm saying that I'm not against it because if Storm was created/written to be bisexual then I 'll be fine about her sexual preference. But the fact is, she's not.
    Firstly I ignored this because it did not bother me but after reading the bolded im perplexed.Reading is subjective thats the FACT! Everyone can read a piece of literature and come up with his or her interpretations on what was read once it can be supported no on is really wrong, its simply put as a point of view. If YOU believe that she is not "something" doesnt negate others opinion and so on.I have seen enough to support that storm is bi-sexual but to demand that others provide you with a scan is ridiculousness. If you personally dont want it its understandable but everyone's take on her is important,that's why she has so many fans that support her whether its because she is black,powerful,a lady or whatever it doesnt mean the fans who think she is uber powerful is right over the ones who see her in a different light.
    Jumping onto the Storm appreciation bandwagon... she's always been one of my absolute favorites, and I nearly LOST it when I saw she was getting her own solo series. Talk about a long time freaking coming! You better believe I wrote myself a note right then and there for the day it was coming out.

I loved the first issue and I am so thrilled they brought the mohawk back. Storm is looking downright f-i-e-r-c-e!
    Welcome all is welcomed here.
    Last edited by just-my-2cents; 08-01-2014 at 05:09 AM.

I love both of these and I have always defended Singer's Storm. She's not brilliant because of Berry, she has plenty of in story moments to shine and kick some serious ass! (I know the third one isn't Singer, but she's still awesome).

*roll eyes*

Just because one or two shows and a few films have some very supporting LGBT characters and themes, doesn't mean it's just fine and peachy for LGBT characters (or even that LGBT characters are the norm in over 50% of entertainment... because they are not). In 2012 ParaNorman became one of the ONLY children's animated films to have an openly LGBT character and it got tons of hate and boycotts for having ONE LINE express a characters homosexuality. In 2013 Behind the Candelabra was pulled from a cinema realise because it was "too gay" (despite the massive pulling power of its stars and director).

In 2014 Conchita won the Eurovision Song Contest and some politics and world leaders reacted as if the apocalypse was nigh. John Constantine (one of the oldest and most high profile LGBT comic characters) has been intentionally "de-bi'd" and the show creator said "I don't see what the problem is." A drag queen is sued by the church and a TV network for daring to say people who view homosexuals as 'less than' are bigots. Wiccan gets labelled as "all he does is kiss his boyfriend" (he's kissed his boyfriend 3 times in 10 years). Thread after thread on CBR of posters saying "I don't mind LGBT characters..." [followed by a rant about why THEIR character shouldn't be, but they'll happily see a character they DON'T care about be outed]. It's 2014 and the closest we have to an LGBT Avengers (out of the 40+ characters who are official Avengers right now) is a) four people who haven't been featured on the team since they were outed outside the comic b) a villain on a team the Avengers don't consider as cannon, c) a liaison, d) honorary teenagers who aren't official members or (best of all) e) "one of these Avengers IS LGBT" (we're just never going to mention it, comment on it, or acknowledge it in any way).

"LGBT celebratory atmosphere"??? What Narnia are you living it?

Agreed. That's what I like so much about Storm vs. Magneto it's a fair fight. They are both one of the few mutants powerful enough to (realistically) take the other on.
    Nice post there.

BANNED

Thanks to everyone else who's given me such a warm welcome! You guys are so nice

If I could jump into the Singer portrayal of Storm in the X-Men films-- I actually quite liked Storm in the X-movies, although I felt she was very underused, as she always is. I know Halle Berry fought for her to have more of a presence in X3 (which wasn't Singer but) which leads to Storm taking more of a leadership role and I did like that aspect of the movie. Storm is strong and intelligent and I'd like to see her in more of a leadership role. I actually prefer her as the leader of the team over Cyclops.

One thing I loved about Storm in the first X-Men movie was how Halle Berry gave her just the slightest accent. I loved that little bit. She got rid of it in X2 and X3 though, and I was bummed about that. I also really, really loved her hair in X2 and X3 and in DoFP it was awesome, too.

Halle was indeed underused but I still love her as Storm. my favorite Halle as Storm was the first xmen movie as she fights against Toad and delivered her most famous line.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post
    Firstly I ignored this because it did not bother me but after reading the bolded im perplexed.Reading is subjective thats the FACT! Everyone can read a piece of literature and come up with his or her interpretations on what was read once it can be supported no on is really wrong, its simply put as a point of view. If YOU believe that she is not "something" doesnt negate others opinion and so on.I have seen enough to support that storm is bi-sexual but to demand that others provide you with a scan is ridiculousness. If you personally dont want it its understandable but everyone's take on her is important,that's why she has so many fans that support her whether its because she is black,powerful,a lady or whatever it doesnt mean the fans who think she is uber powerful is right over the ones who see her in a different light.

Quoted for truth, and yes welcome to the thread hope to see you post often here and share your thoughts and opionions

BANNED

I think people forget that the editorial the the large part of Marvel's publication history FORBADE their main heroes from any kind of queerness. Subtext is all we have and there is STRONG BLARINGLY OBVIOUS subtext for Ororo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post

for the first part that you have bolded, kitsune mentioned about Claremont saying something so that's why I asked for a link. the "readins is subjective" wouldbe applicable on the 2nd part that u have bolded. however, we have to based our subjective understanding through research and consistency in order to arrive at a more accurate conclusion.

difference on power levels is different from sexual preference because for power level, Storm did it. Hpwever in sexual prefernce, she really didnt do something for us to conclude that she's bisexual. even 2 giirls saying I love you to each other or holding hands doesnt mean theyre bisexual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    I think people forget that the editorial the the large part of Marvel's publication history FORBADE their main heroes from any kind of queerness. Subtext is all we have and there is STRONG BLARINGLY OBVIOUS subtext for Ororo.
    let's say on Storm #4 ongoing where Storm and Yukio will meet again. if Storm will say "I love you." and Yukio will say "I love you too", are you going to conclude that they're bisexuals?

for the first part that you have bolded, kitsune mentioned about Claremont saying something so that's why I asked for a link. the "readins is subjective" wouldbe applicable on the 2nd part that u have bolded. however, we have to based our subjective understanding through research and consistency in order to arrive at a more accurate conclusion.

difference on power levels is different from sexual preference because for power level, Storm did it. Hpwever in sexual prefernce, she really didnt do something for us to conclude that she's bisexual. even 2 giirls saying I love you to each other or holding hands doesnt mean theyre bisexual.
    SMH. Im not going to stay on this much longer but I will say this, I dont need a scan of someone kissing another to conclude that there is intimacy there. There is enough to support people statements on the matter just because its not CONFIRMED does not mean its not IMPLIED.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    i think i'm nostalgic O_o wth i'm actually missing halle already! NOOOOOOOO! this can't be!
    i know right .. i was like aye yo! where the stunt double at!? is he seriously that dumb? even the dumb plot about sending logan back to the past made him shine the most .. why the heck didn't they name it "Wolverine Outshines the X-men Again In Days Of Future Past"!? .. *bites lip regarding singers love for logan in general instead of making a snark comment about hugh jackman in costume and singer in the backseat of a car* ... i'm pissed at storm's almost non-existent presence in that show why? because she was a mute til the very end (while i LOVED that halle gave us storm when she went all fearless "No, but we can slow them down" .. that was the crowning moment in the whole damn moveie .. i'm just happy that she had a MASSIVE power display BUT she was supposed to face off against a sentinel AND destroy one one her own ..:/ and what the heck did she summon? was it a hurricane? a blizzard? or what because i SAW a wind column appear when the clouds were moving outwards .. UGH! my fustrations! .. i know if i ever make it to hollywood he's going to write me a list of ALL the things he did wrong with storm (since you know .. i don't really care for the others except blink, young mags, young charles and Warpath) .. and did anyone notice how gorgeous pietro was!? O_o and why the heck didn't they leave him as mag's son!? ... i'm done ... for now -_-
    I still have love and appreciation for Halle (and her TV series Extant is actually pretty good). There are many heroes and heroines that may never get to grace the big screen that fans would like to see, and we have had 4 movies with Storm. Ultimately I am grateful but wished I we got the Captain America/Thor type performance for Storm. Something that really resonated with fans in a much more positive and exciting way.

I felt that the amount of Wolverine focus was too much in the X-Movies. It's why I actually liked Avengers more (and that was a tough statement to type) because they did a better job balancing the screen time for their entire cast. It felt like the movie was about ALL of the Avengers coming together and fighting as a team vs the X-Men movies feeling like "Wolverine & the X-Men". And I had to underline what you mentioned above because that is something that has always bugged me on the X-films, since I know they have stunt doubles and massive multiple million dollar budget to afford really good CG. Some scenes were epic (like Storm's tornadoes in X2) and some that I thought would be epic, like her powerful wind tunnel that smacked the sentinel's transports into the side of the mountain, could have been done better. I liked that scene but it should have been like 20 seconds longer and showing heavier damage (or add some massive lightning bolts to hit the transports while they were bombarded with wind). Just felt like it fell flat in a lot of places in DOFP. And I loved Blink in the movie . She was so awesome. If only she could have opened up a massive portal that sent some of the entire sentinel transports into space (since in comics I think her range can go from earth surface all the way to the moon). But eh....it's over now.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Storm Question Time Again

In case you haven't seen this yet X-Verse Executive Editor Mike Marts will be interviewing next week for CBR's X-Position. Let's get some Storm related questions over to him. The deadline is by this Monday.

http://community.comicbookresources....for-Mike-Marts

could we ask him what exactly did she do in the forest?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I still have love and appreciation for Halle (and her TV series Extant is actually pretty good). There are many heroes and heroines that may never get to grace the big screen that fans would like to see, and we have had 4 movies with Storm. Ultimately I am grateful but wished I we got the Captain America/Thor type performance for Storm. Something that really resonated with fans in a much more positive and exciting way.

I felt that the amount of Wolverine focus was too much in the X-Movies. It's why I actually liked Avengers more (and that was a tough statement to type) because they did a better job balancing the screen time for their entire cast. It felt like the movie was about ALL of the Avengers coming together and fighting as a team vs the X-Men movies feeling like "Wolverine & the X-Men". And I had to underline what you mentioned above because that is something that has always bugged me on the X-films, since I know they have stunt doubles and massive multiple million dollar budget to afford really good CG. Some scenes were epic (like Storm's tornadoes in X2) and some that I thought would be epic, like her powerful wind tunnel that smacked the sentinel's transports into the side of the mountain, could have been done better. I liked that scene but it should have been like 20 seconds longer and showing heavier damage (or add some massive lightning bolts to hit the transports while they were bombarded with wind). Just felt like it fell flat in a lot of places in DOFP. And I loved Blink in the movie . She was so awesome. If only she could have opened up a massive portal that sent some of the entire sentinel transports into space (since in comics I think her range can go from earth surface all the way to the moon). But eh....it's over now.

so it was a blizzard with a wind tunnel! and yes! i wanted lightning to rain from the skies! hurl some through blink's portals! sigh warpath .. gorgeous gorgeous warpath .. :/ he didn't really bring anything and i can't remember how they beat roberto O_O .. but next time GET US A DOUBLE!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

let's say on Storm #4 ongoing where Storm and Yukio will meet again. if Storm will say "I love you." and Yukio will say "I love you too", are you going to conclude that they're bisexuals?
    There is more to those words than being sexual. It all depends on the context and how it was expressed. You know I Love You can still be platonic, right? And may I ask why you don't want Storm to be bisexual? It's different in saying she's not from don't want her to be. Will you still love her if she ever comes out as bi?

Mind you LGBT has come a long way, but not far enough yet. However, I applaud DC for making one of their major Justice Leaguers gay. I believe it is Green Lantern. Not some lousy C-Listers that got the token label for the sake of it.

If you ask me, I am down with Ororo being bisexual. That should make her more interesting. And you guys should admit, if there's anything non Storm fans can talk about, her sexual encounters is always one of it. The talk about her powers and her "feats" does not make her more appealing to the general public, it's just to make fans wank harder and get to win the rumbles thread.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 08-01-2014 at 10:11 AM.