• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 501 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 40145149149749849950050150250350450551155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 52830
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    This and this. Storm has no limits, not on her sexuality or anything else. The fact that she was involved in some of the most heavy-handed homoerotic subtext in superhero comics as well as invoking iconic lesbian imagery in her punk phase at a time where ANY hint of queerness had to be under the radar speaks volumes.

The fact that DavidMunroe described such sexuality as a "complex"?

I never thought Storm fans could be so closed with selective blindness. I'm truly disheartened.
    the homoerotic subtextx will remain as subtexts. it may invoke lesbian imagery for some but we do know how did Storm got the mohawk and punk look. the homoerotic subtexts will remain as subtexts.

you are truly disheartened because you are thnking about my opinion negatively even when my opinion have more proof than yours. oh wait. you dont have a proof because just like you said, youre just getting hints.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I never get tired of the awesome in this gif.
    one of the few times we actually got storm out of her :3 my favorite scene in the whole damn movie ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    *Sigh* The ever glamorous "Runway Walk of Death". I don't care what anyone says. Miss Berry stomped hard in those heels to deliver that scene. She's so terrifyingly gorgeous in that scene!
    eyyyyyyyy almighty shade! .. now .. this is the first time i've actually felt attracted to a woman this much! :/ i mean .. that silhouette against the light when she spreads her arms! YASSSSSSSS!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    the homoerotic subtextx will remain as subtexts. it may invoke lesbian imagery for some but we do know how did Storm got the mohawk and punk look. the homoerotic subtexts will remain as subtexts.

you are truly disheartened because you are thnking about my opinion negatively even when my opinion have more proof than yours. oh wait. you dont have a proof because just like you said, youre just getting hints.
    You have no proof either or Storm being 100% straight either so your comment is null.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I dont care about Captain America or Wonder Woman being gay, As i said she was open with her sexuality she has no boundairies meaning there is a possibility that she can be experimental with whomever she likes, just because you are so adamant that you want her straighjt and think they made her straight and she is nothing but straight, so stop being so blinded and closeminded to things Storm is free with her sexuality whomever she feels she wants to be with and she is not limited.
    I provided those links to point out that they also got some homoerotic subtexts so does this mean theyre not straight?

im not limiting her boundaries on sexuality. I see it this way. you want to change her sexuality. I am not adamant that I want her straight because she is straight in the first place. I should be the one telling you that you are adamant in wanting her not to be straight. im not being closeminded either because I will still love Storm if ever theyll change her sexuality. and thats my point. you want Storm's sexual preference change because of your opinion that she is open to her sexuality. being straight is not being limited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    You have no proof either or Storm being 100% straight either so your comment is null.
    yes she is cos she kissed a lot of men and even got married while you only relied on scans that she MAY (which means uncertain) be something else and that you just want her to become one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    eyyyyyyyy almighty shade! .. now .. this is the first time i've actually felt attracted to a woman this much! :/ i mean .. that silhouette against the light when she spreads her arms! YASSSSSSSS!
    thank you for providing me a good example Malachi.

you feel attracted to a woman but it doesnt mean youre not straight right?

thank you for providing me a good example Malachi.

you feel attracted to a woman but it doesnt mean youre not straight right?
    i'm going to have to ask you to repeat that :/ i'm a little out of my head today..
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

i'm going to have to ask you to repeat that :/ i'm a little out of my head today..
    its fine. you dont need to answer it.

anyway, where's WINDRIDER?

its fine. you dont need to answer it.

anyway, where's WINDRIDER?
    i have no idea :/ i just got home from a party.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

i have no idea :/ i just got home from a party.
    its ok.

I hope that we'll get either a long white hair or a mohawk for Storm in age of apocalypse.

Spectacular Member

I don't see why people in the pro Yukio/Storm camp are so agitated when people say they simply don't have a preference for the pairing. If you like it then great, go ahead and support it. But don't belittle other people for thinking/believing/liking differently from you :/

Until it is confirmed in plain writing then I think it is perfectly legitimate to say she is straight. You can throw around subtext all you like but at the end of the day this is why subtext NEVER works for proving/disproving sexuality... because it is not clear and definitive. It's the same sort of argument people had back when Final Fantasy 13 was released and Vanille/Fang had a questionable relationship (I'm actually for their romantic relationship personally) but because it was never explicitly proven then I can't fault someone for thinking that they are both straight friends. This sort of thing is exactly why I hate the whole "I don't mind gay characters but I don't want it thrust in my face. Just imply that they are gay" thing people sometimes say. It just doesn't work.

I also don't get why people will jump the gun and imply that because someone isn't a fan of a particular same sex relationship that they are automatically homophobic or biphobic (is that a word? lol) or whatever. I love all my fellow Storm fans but jeesh... we can all be so close-minded and stubborn sometimes. Let's follow the example of our favorite heroine and let others be. Besides, if it turns out you're right you always get to say "I told you so"
    Last edited by TurboTaj; 08-02-2014 at 08:15 AM.

its ok.

I hope that we'll get either a long white hair or a mohawk for Storm in age of apocalypse.
    i would rather have a bald Ororo in a movie with a believing presence, more screen time AND power displays being a fearless leader than be another Halle (even though it wasn't her fault to begin with..)
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    a) I don't know why you put "living in the Caribbean" in such focus (hardly the foreground of the LGBT movement ). In many ways your reluctance to see it explored is indicative of the Caribbean.
    b) I don't understand why you support FalconCap, but happily label any suggestion to explore what Storm/Yukio was as "a gimmick."
    c) you talk about this thrust to be more diverse... has any LGBT characters benefited right now? Have any LGBT characters been revealed in the new revamp? Are any LGBT Avengers being announced? Are any LGBT characters leading teams? Part of the main events? At the forefront of the franchise? The best we have is Loki, and his bisexuality is... a delightful side-note at best. We also have 'eternally-in-straight-relationships-since-Destiny' Mystique. Another major win for the LGBT movement (both, by the way, never confirmed as bisexual in the movies). But hey... oh well...

P.S. And, as K-Kitsune pointed out, it was "subtext" because it COULDN'T be said. That's not subtext, that's censorship. Big difference...
    1: ie NOT Narnia.
    2: That is not for you to "understand". I could not care any less if you (or anyone else for that matter) understand my purchasing/reading decisions. Furthermore, I did not label an S/Y pairing as a gimmick...I said clearly, that it could/might be generally misconstrued as such. And while I admit the Caribbean as a region are woefully behind the times, "my reluctance" to see her sexuality explored has absolutely nothing to do with where I currently reside. That jump in logic is bollocks.
    3: There is a decided thrust to create a more diverse line of books...the fact that every possible "established/originally conceived" LGBT character (mind you, Storm is not one such character) is not being shoved to the frontline in every book is beside the point, really. The fact of the matter is they do exist. Should those characters be given more focus? Sure. Should there be others? Yes? But Storm (and all characters, really) is much more than just her "sexuality". So why must that be seen as deciding and defining factor that encapsulates her character moving forward? Why is that so important in general and to Storm, specifically?

Bottom line...it should not be that big a deal whether her bi-sexuality is confirmed in-canon...or, not.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 08-02-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

okay .. so i'm having a debate over who is more in tune with nature in regards to Storm and Poison Ivy .. which i explained storm's connection to the planet on a physical, mental and spiritual level and a poster told me i was describing an elemental and that storm ISN'T one, her powers are PSIONIC hence a special form of telekinesis .. anyone have multiple scans of Marvel labeling storm as an elemental? or of her talking about how she must bond with the elements? A friend already posted the scan of storm talking about herself in space and how her spirit is connected to the earth ... send me those scans or links please!!!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡