• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 503 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 340345349349950050150250350450550650751355360310031503 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 52830
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'm be all for a Storm/Yukio relationship, but I do agree with if it's never been out right stated, then she's straight. The same could be said for Wolfsbane/Moonstar. And Kitty/Magik or Kitty/Rachel.
    I don't necessarily think that we should use heterosexuality as a "default" sexuality. It is simply not defined. I'm probably over-examining your reply but I think a more accurate way to express things would be to say, "then she is most likely straight" rather than saying definitively that she is 100% straight. What we DO for sure know is that she is attracted to men. Personally, I just don't consider a person's sexuality until it becomes a topic addressed by the writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    I don't necessarily think that we should use heterosexuality as a "default" sexuality. It is simply not defined. I'm probably over-examining your reply but I think a more accurate way to express things would be to say, "then she is most likely straight" rather than saying definitively that she is 100% straight. What we DO for sure know is that she is attracted to men. Personally, I just don't consider a person's sexuality until it becomes a topic addressed by the writers.
    In Storm's case, I dont find any problem using heterosexuality as a default sexuality.

Yukio was her 'heart's greatest desire'. That's not subtext, that's text!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don't think heterosexuality should be the default. But it's going to take a lot more then subtext. There is not "definitely straight" because any writer can come around and change things.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    rawr! that was soo .. cute.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

(Which, in my somewot youthful naivete, at the time...I took to mean a "desire to live on the edge, wild, free and without care and responsibility as to wot may happen", much like Yukio does).

And still...writers (including Claremont) have linked her romantically with Arkon, Forge, Khan, Namor, T'Challa and Logan.

At the very least, we can all agree that she is sexually liberal/adventurous and at the most, bi-sexual.

Subtext, text, speculation, blatant censorship, call it wotever...personally, there really is no further need for "definitive clarification". Who she sleeps with is the very least of my interest in the character.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Storm's heart desire was to join Yukio to be free from responsibilities

BANNED

True!

Also this lines stands out from the issue: "For a split second, she tries to resist, but the tug on her heart-strings is too strong. The dream too welcome."

anyone here knows which story it was when storm blocked out the sun against these flying bat things? ..:/ i'm looking for the scan where she asked if they were sentient...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    anyone here knows which story it was when storm blocked out the sun against these flying bat things? ..:/ i'm looking for the scan where she asked if they were sentient...
    thats in uncanny xmen #,..... I forgot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    True!

Also this lines stands out from the issue: "For a split second, she tries to resist, but the tug on her heart-strings is too strong. The dream too welcome."
    I personally interpret it similarly to Rlaamjr. Her heart's greatest desire was freedom and the dream of escaping and being free "tugged on her heart-strings." Romance isn't the only thing that can tug on people's heart strings! Or be their hearts greatest desire lol You interpret it one way and I do another. Unless Claremont ever comes out and declares exactly what he meant then it is free to interpretation.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I personally interpret it similarly to Rlaamjr. Her heart's greatest desire was freedom and the dream of escaping and being free "tugged on her heart-strings." Romance isn't the only thing that can tug on people's heart strings! Or be their hearts greatest desire lol You interpret it one way and I do another. Unless Claremont ever comes out and declares exactly what he meant then it is free to interpretation.
    Damn Skippy!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    thats in uncanny xmen #,..... I forgot.
    darn .. thanks rlaam!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

youve mentioned my name at last. hehehe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Damn Skippy!
    Thanks for us being in agreement.