• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 506 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 640645649650250350450550650750850951051655660610061506 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Very good point. Our understanding of nature and the weather is still finite. What mysteries remain yet discovered?

i love that first gif ..*steals* and while people who are not really fans of the character express how they think she remains stagnant and probably wont ascend to the omega stage .. they also have to remember that the universe itself is basically what drives her powers, who knows what freaky cosmic energy drives the weather anyway (apart from the sun) .. i wonder if she could manipulate dark matter as well? since .. its basically the reason we're here ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    i love that first gif ..*steals* and while people who are not really fans of the character express how they think she remains stagnant and probably wont ascend to the omega stage .. they also have to remember that the universe itself is basically what drives her powers, who knows what freaky cosmic energy drives the weather anyway (apart from the sun) .. i wonder if she could manipulate dark matter as well? since .. its basically the reason we're here ..
    To me, weather=reality. She's ultimately a reality warper with a 'weather' fixation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

To me, weather=reality. She's ultimately a reality warper with a 'weather' fixation.
    omg .. please go on .. i'm interested in where this is going ...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Very good point. Our understanding of nature and the weather is still finite. What mysteries remain yet discovered?

I just had an epileptic seizure.... Lol. The path to science is Ignorance + curiousity. I love these pics.

morning guys!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    But you said with scans i provided in which i did im just basing it off of comics that I have read,so you are still wrong. If you can get it through your head im not saying shes only straight or even saying she is only gay. If you go back and read my post you should understand what im saying if you dont then oh well. The someone kissing someone of opposite sex and marriage thing does not just apply to Storm because she is not the sole person in the universe you mentioned it with your statement and i knocked it down with mine so that point still indeed does stand, your backpeddling because you got caught up. It refers to everyone because it does indeed happen. Regardless i really dont care what you have to say about it, my original message still stands and i stand behind it, Storm dosent limit herself to one type of person and she is beyond ordinary sexuality she is free to love whoever.
    Let's clarify something. What made you want Storm to become bisexual? Is it because of some issues you have read which had sexual undertones or do you just want her to become bisexual? I was referring to Storm when I said that she's straight because she kissed men and even had a marriage that's why I said I have proof why Storm is straight. I don't go for general statements.

Now since you are considering your statement as a general statement...
    ust for the record someone kissing someone of the opposite sex or even getting married does not make one person straight so you are confused. There are plenty of LGBT who even have children so again your argument is invalid.
    Yes it makes them straight unless they did something else that proves them as not straight.

Also, you said "plenty of LGBT" which means, the statement cannot be applied to everyone because even if there are plenty of them who did that, then there are still some that didn't.

So please don't make it a general statement. It makes the statement false.

BANNED

I didnt mean for it to come out that way, because i actually do like Rlammjr its just sometimes the comments are delusional or misunderstood.
    I'm just telling my opinion but yes, I'm cool with you.

remember when i said sound manipulation could be one of her powers?
    How about time manipulation?

BANNED

Loving the gifs. :-)

but on topic of a relationship with yukio i could get on board.
    but i would rather yukio be part of her cast as a sidekick or partner.
    Yukio could use the exposure.

Yukio and Sage make a great supporting cast
    I wonder if her nephew/cousin from her Father side will make an appearance in her book.
    now he would make a great sidekick a human who fights for Human/Mutant coxsistinence.

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quoted for truth, and yes welcome to the thread hope to see you post often here and share your thoughts and opionions
    I'm always here! just dont join in as much anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    I think people forget that the editorial the the large part of Marvel's publication history FORBADE their main heroes from any kind of queerness. Subtext is all we have and there is STRONG BLARINGLY OBVIOUS subtext for Ororo.
    Acknowledging the times is important yet forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    then should I also insist that Storm is not pure african but a mixture of all races? She has white hair. She has blue eyes. her skin color changes too. she did have cat-like eyes.

there has also been implications that captain america is gay. ill post scans later why.

I might find images where Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch actually look like lovers.

and some also said that there's also a cyclops/wolverine pairing.
    You can insist all you want! polaris is half alien.
    I dont want hwr to be bisexual because she isnt one and it isnt necessary for her to become one. of course I would still love her if they make her bisexual and even if writers will like make a crazy story of making Storm impatient and kill lets say Kitty but of course I dont want it to happen.

some people also want Superman to be gay. I probably wont mind much but his fans wil definitely will. how much more if Batman becomes gay. as for Storm, she is my favorite and I want her sexual preference to remain as it is. Straight.
    Thanks for clarifying
    Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Clearly you chose to overlook the names I mentioned as I was specifically referring/referencing comics...and the current thrust to be more "diverse". The people you mention in your post are irrelevant (as far as I am concerned) because quite simply...they are NOT fictional, literary characters. They are not Storm...the focus of this particular thread topic.

Not everyone is interested in mounting a soap box to champion the LGBT cause or even reading about someone who (inadvertently) does.

Simply put, if there is no pertinent in-story reason to make the point that Storm is bi-sexual that develops the character further (and I just don't see there is), then it is better left as just Claremontian subtext speculation. As we've learnt with The Whoreverine, not everything about a character needs be canonised on-panel, in-print.

This, coming from a British, bi-sexual man living in the Caribbean. (FYI)
    I totally get what your saying here as well.
    to kitsune and just my 2 cents. I hope we're all cool.

where are the res t of the Storm fans?
    Respect is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    a) I don't know why you put "living in the Caribbean" in such focus (hardly the foreground of the LGBT movement ). In many ways your reluctance to see it explored is indicative of the Caribbean.
    b) I don't understand why you support FalconCap, but happily label any suggestion to explore what Storm/Yukio was as "a gimmick."
    c) you talk about this thrust to be more diverse... has any LGBT characters benefited right now? Have any LGBT characters been revealed in the new revamp? Are any LGBT Avengers being announced? Are any LGBT characters leading teams? Part of the main events? At the forefront of the franchise? The best we have is Loki, and his bisexuality is... a delightful side-note at best. We also have 'eternally-in-straight-relationships-since-Destiny' Mystique. Another major win for the LGBT movement (both, by the way, never confirmed as bisexual in the movies). But hey... oh well...

P.S. And, as K-Kitsune pointed out, it was "subtext" because it COULDN'T be said. That's not subtext, that's censorship. Big difference...
    I see where your going with this but listen to what she said and try to understand.What your saying has validity but so does imraith.
    You dont know what Storm is because you dont write her, just because you have this fascination of her being straight dosent mean its right and its time to let it go, I always thought of Storm as having no boundaries and no being afraid of her sexuality whatever it is that may be. Alot of writers do make sexual undertones with certain characters and you would be a fool to not see something between her and Yukio it was more than simply a friendship so accept it.
    Why so forceful he is just sharing his view, agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    "The whole attitude of “stop making them gay, they both dated girls so they are straight,” makes me a little sick honestly. Bisexuality exists. Pansexuality exits. Exceptions exits. Sexual orientation is a spectrum, this is not news. We have known this for decades. Please get your offensive ignorance out of fandom."

This made me laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    I think Storm prefers men but has experimented with Yukio and maybe one other woman in her past. I think most people are bisexual but have preferences. So what, who cares.
    Maybe....

omg .. please go on .. i'm interested in where this is going ...
    Well, I don't think I can do a whole powerpoint presentation right now to explain in depth, but given the range of her on panel abilities, and the scope on which they operate, and the ill-defined notion of 'weather' in the first place, I would say Storm is truly a reality warper who has just focused her powers towards 'weather' simply because that's what she's used to doing. It saved her from dying when she was walking across the Sahara desert, it made people worship her, and Charles named her "Storm", so she just went with it. That Alan Davis story really sealed the deal.

There's a book called "Science of the X-Men", which came out over a decade ago and featured a couple of scientists trying to explain the various mutant powers of the X-Men as best they could. Storm was grouped with other psionic mutants like Jean and Prof X. Mind over matter is her base power, she just also has empathic links to the biosphere which informs her in the use of weather effects. The scientists said that because Magneto was surrounded by metal in the concentration camps, his base power went towards metals. Because Jean and Charles grew up in intellectual families, they stayed more mental. Ororo was in the wild, harsh environment of the Sahara when her powers activated, so she focused on that. Wanda was raised by Gypsies, so her powers took on a magical slant. But they all have the same base power, and they all have to be manipulating bleeding-edge particle physics to accomplish their abilities.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post
    I'm always here! just dont join in as much anymore.

Acknowledging the times is important yet forgotten.

You can insist all you want! polaris is half alien.

Thanks for clarifying

I totally get what your saying here as well.

Respect is important.

I see where your going with this but listen to what she said and try to understand.What your saying has validity but so does imraith.

Why so forceful he is just sharing his view, agree to disagree.

This made me laugh

Maybe....
    POLARIS IS A HALF WHAT NOW!? o_O
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Well, I don't think I can do a whole powerpoint presentation right now to explain in depth, but given the range of her on panel abilities, and the scope on which they operate, and the ill-defined notion of 'weather' in the first place, I would say Storm is truly a reality warper who has just focused her powers towards 'weather' simply because that's what she's used to doing. It saved her from dying when she was walking across the Sahara desert, it made people worship her, and Charles named her "Storm", so she just went with it. That Alan Davis story really sealed the deal.

There's a book called "Science of the X-Men", which came out over a decade ago and featured a couple of scientists trying to explain the various mutant powers of the X-Men as best they could. Storm was grouped with other psionic mutants like Jean and Prof X. Mind over matter is her base power, she just also has empathic links to the biosphere which informs her in the use of weather effects. The scientists said that because Magneto was surrounded by metal in the concentration camps, his base power went towards metals. Because Jean and Charles grew up in intellectual families, they stayed more mental. Ororo was in the wild, harsh environment of the Sahara when her powers activated, so she focused on that. Wanda was raised by Gypsies, so her powers took on a magical slant. But they all have the same base power, and they all have to be manipulating bleeding-edge particle physics to accomplish their abilities.
    interesting theory yoga .. she was always more of a "goddess of life" .. i think charles limited her own understanding of her powers and their applications when he called her storm, giving her that codename probably induced some form of power block that limited her to the elements like "oh, this bald guy called me Storm! i shall respect him and keep myself limited to weather" .. because at this point she can pretty much do whatever the heck she wants with things as long as they pertain to an "atmosphere" of sorts .. and that word isn't even properly defined when it comes to her because her atmosphere is EVERYWHERE..i wish her powers were hereditary though .. and i wonder how other weather manipulators such as Weather Witch goes about manipulating the weather :/
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Can someone tell me what issue this was again