• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 52 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I love the art! I just hope he knows what he's doing because many before have said they
    just felt I had a good angle on her personality, her history and her way of thinking, that would be really exciting.
    and they were wrong. But still, I am positive about it. And some new villains? Hmm...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    All I know about it is:

spoilers:
    Uatu the Watcher gets murdered.
    end of spoilers

Presumably before he sees something, which is why all the solicitations say "WHAT DID HE SEE?" Also, there's something about "who watches the Watcher?"

EDIT:

Hey, didn't Uatu show up during Storm and Black Panther's wedding because of some great future offspring they were going to have or some b.s. like that? Did anything ever come of that?

yes two children were born albeit from alternate realities.

and Storm's daughter ( not sure if black Panther is the father..tho she does have a pet panther with Wakanda Vibranium tribal tattoos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by code_hero View Post
    The bald look (like the mohawk look) is hit or hit and completely depends on the artist. Her long hair is almost always drawn well.
    I don't mind the mohawk but I do prefer her long hair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Well, he did choose her for a major event so that has promise right there, he wouldn't select her out of many X-Men just to have her do nothing, right?

Right?
    True. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    This makes me think that Ororo should just shave the Mohawk off and go bald while she lets her hair grow back all at the same rate:

Source: http://charactermodel.tumblr.com/pos...m-ororo-munroe

But... Not with her crown. That just looks odd.

What do you think? ^^ "Bald and Beautiful" would be a new look for her!
    Not a fan of the bald head.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    OH MAN

o
    Who is she fighting with?

BANNED

I dunno, but it looks like she's about to throw down. Hell yeah, 'Ro, show them what it means to face off against 'Gods own X-man.'

BANNED

Assiatnce. I have made threads about Storm finally getting her own ongoing on different sites and I'd like to post there again to include a link where they could order in advance online. So please give me the best link that will be counted for monthly sales.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Assiatnce. I have made threads about Storm finally getting her own ongoing on different sites and I'd like to post there again to include a link where they could order in advance online. So please give me the best link that will be counted for monthly sales.
    I never thought about asking or not, but I would believe when someone buys an internet comic if it goes to sales or not, but the 2 best places I know of online to get the comic in digital format are:

ComiXology:
    https://www.comixology.com/

Marvel.com:
    http://marvel.com/comics
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I never thought about asking or not, but I would believe when someone buys an internet comic if it goes to sales or not, but the 2 best places I know of online to get the comic in digital format are:

ComiXology:
    https://www.comixology.com/

Marvel.com:
    http://marvel.com/comics
    Thanks a lot !

BANNED

Storm art for Days Of Future Past

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Thanks a lot !
    Glad to beable to help, by what I know those are the Best sites I know of, their might be more, but those two IMO are the Best! ;-)

Also, I called my other LCS and they are just getting their orders for July and looking into them, will check in with them in a few days, but they say when they see it they will put my down for Storm #1 on my pull list!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Storm art for Days Of Future Past

Beautiful image, still not expecting her role to resemble comic Storm at this point though. Such a shame.

No more long hair. I'm over it. Unless they style it differently. I wanna see Miss Munroe with a bob cut. Possibly with bangs. If they do put her back to long hair can we have some texture to it? Long straight silky hair is boring now. I want some tight curls and ringlets.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    that was just a sad attempt at trying to give relevance to the joke. Uatu was.probably just being sarcastic "oh yes you two together is soooo important, I like you two together just as much as I like Hank McCoy"
    Hahaha. XD Okay. Not to mention he was bargaining for his life and, being the Watcher, would know exactly what lie would get him out of the situation. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Issue #8 coming out in June. Issue #7 is this month, and is a stand alone super friends team-up issue (Iceman, Firestar, and Spiderman). And agreed on a big NO to the bald look. We have already had Storm sporting the bald look when she was Mutate 20 ---It was NOT hot:
    Hmm, I like it well enough in that issue. It just would've been better with better art. The disagreements against it even in a theoretical discussion makes me think they'd never do it in the comics for the mainstream Storm, though, hah.

Storm was hot enough to rock that shit. She looked hot bald.

o
    Oh, wait, look at that! Actual, cool, modern art of it. Okay, good enough for me. ;D

I like it, thanks for posting that. ^.^

OH MAN

o
    Frickin' sweet art. And just look at that last panel: Whatever happens next is going to be AWWWWWESOME!

I also want to talk about what's going on in the background there:

Ethereal, Goddess-like different versions of Storm are helping Ororo??? Whaaaaat?

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    She has some good moments in No More Humans, Carey gives her a decent voice and treats her as the JGS team leader (IMO). Her eyes are brown in most of the book save for the last few panels, there they are blue (I know this is important for some). It loaded fully at midnight as a Nook Book. Not worth $24.99 to me but it is a solid story. Larroca does her justice. ..not too manly. Overall Storm fans should be happy.
    Cheers.
    Well that's good, because he's the artist on Amazing X-Men Annual #1, too! ;D Thanks for the lowdown. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by code_hero View Post
    The bald look (like the mohawk look) is hit or hit and completely depends on the artist. Her long hair is almost always drawn well.
    I know you meant hit-or-miss, but to me, it really is hit-or-hit, hah. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    http://i.minus.com/jb167JOXb2OOAN.png
    Nice art, makes me think she's forcing herself out of the page and into the real world, as a new power, lol. XD

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I always preferred Ororo with the long hair or long thick Mohawk look, but I think you're right. After seeing Jim Lee's take on the look (totally forgot about that cover) I can see how the bald look could work.
    I like the long, thick Mohawk best out of all the mohawks, too. ^^ And I love her long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    yes two children were born albeit from alternate realities.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...2-azari_01.jpg

and Storm's daughter ( not sure if black Panther is the father..tho she does have a pet panther with Wakanda Vibranium tribal tattoos.
    Oh, neat, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    No more long hair. I'm over it. Unless they style it differently. I wanna see Miss Munroe with a bob cut. Possibly with bangs. If they do put her back to long hair can we have some texture to it? Long straight silky hair is boring now. I want some tight curls and ringlets.
    That sounds cool, too. ^.^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Glad to beable to help, by what I know those are the Best sites I know of, their might be more, but those two IMO are the Best! ;-)

Also, I called my other LCS and they are just getting their orders for July and looking into them, will check in with them in a few days, but they say when they see it they will put my down for Storm #1 on my pull list!
    Cool. Now I remember I need to create a paypal account. : )

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    Other than the mohawk, I would love Storm with an edgy bob-cut. Something similar to wot Cameron Diaz sported in The Counsellor.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-07-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.