• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 64 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Ahahaha. Well, why not? I imagined Storm as I watched her in Amazing Spider-man 2. She had near to white hair and I was thinking if she had brown skin, she would be a cool Storm. : )
    Oh goodness, this means you were not kidding. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is shameful that colorism still exerts such as powerful influence on our society. Dark skin is still not considered beautiful or not as beautiful I should say as lighter skin for many since it is not advertised as often as the image of "beauty" and this foolery even extends itself towards comics. Sorry Rlaamjr but Storm is a black woman and not a dark skinned white woman. Therefore, it will be more appropriate for a black woman to portray her and this is especially true considering the small number of black comic book characters of significance and that Storm is undeniably one of the most recognized comic book characters ever and definitely the most recognizable character of color.

There are several gorgeous and talented young, black actresses that could portray Storm depending on the age range they are looking for.

Attachment 1466

Condola Rashad, the daughter of Phylicia Rashad from the Cosby Show and is an actress with many accolades from Broadway and will also be starring in a show based on ancient Egypt called Hieroglyph coming to FOX during the Fall I believe.

As others have mentioned, there is Keke Palmer if they are going for a younger Storm.

Attachment 1468

There are a plethora of young, black actresses but their are not many roles for them so they are not as much of a household name. We just have to do our research even though, I hate to say this, we can be sure that the casting agencies will not do the same and will pick someone who I am sure will be disappointing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    This voice actress gives me life.

Anyways, I'm not that upset about Wood leaving Adjectiveless. This book has truly failed to deliver.
    QFT I was so happy when the title was announced. The title had a lot potential.

BANNED

Wow, I love these two in this photograph.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Oh goodness, this means you were not kidding. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is shameful that colorism still exerts such as powerful influence on our society. Dark skin is still not considered beautiful or not as beautiful I should say as lighter skin for many since it is not advertised as often as the image of "beauty" and this foolery even extends itself towards comics. Sorry Rlaamjr but Storm is a black woman and not a dark skinned white woman. Therefore, it will be more appropriate for a black woman to portray her and this is especially true considering the small number of black comic book characters of significance and that Storm is undeniably one of the most recognized comic book characters ever and definitely the most recognizable character of color.

There are several gorgeous and talented young, black actresses that could portray Storm depending on the age range they are looking for.

Attachment 1466

Condola Rashad, the daughter of Phylicia Rashad from the Cosby Show and is an actress with many accolades from Broadway and will also be starring in a show based on ancient Egypt called Hieroglyph coming to FOX during the Fall I believe.

As others have mentioned, there is Keke Palmer if they are going for a younger Storm.

Attachment 1468

There are a plethora of young, black actresses but their are not many roles for them so they are not as much of a household name. We just have to do our research even though, I hate to say this, we can be sure that the casting agencies will not do the same and will pick someone who I am sure will be disappointing.

Agreed with what you said but neither of those actresses could give Storm.
    Especially not Keke, love the girl as I do but no.

And for those who said Lupita I still don't see it.
    Being black & African isn't everything and it damn sure doesn't just get the job done.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Not trying to be negative but I am very cautious. His favorite characters seem to be Rachel and Jubilee and he did not utter as much as one letter regarding Storm so I am afraid the Stormbot reign will continue or at least this is the attitude I will adopt until I am given reason to believe otherwise. In other news, I am excited about Storm getting her own series and while I do want her to receive the much needed character development,I am more anxious for Storm to be written as the extremely powerful character she is but, has not been shown to be for some time now. I hope Greg Pak delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    Wow, I love these two in this photograph.
    That's a nice photo... and im not a thor and storm fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Not trying to be negative but I am very cautious. His favorite characters seem to be Rachel and Jubilee and he did not utter as much as one letter regarding Storm so I am afraid the Stormbot reign will continue or at least this is the attitude I will adopt until I am given reason to believe otherwise. In other news, I am excited about Storm getting her own series and while I do want her to receive the much needed character development,I am more anxious for Storm to be written as the extremely powerful character she is but, has not been shown to be for some time now. I hope Greg Pak delivers.
    I dont think u should worry. Pak has been the only writer who has been vocal about getting his hands on her to write her story. She inspired him as a child and as an adult he seems to truly respect her in terms of her impact as character and the power that she welds. And again as long as she is handled with care in her solo I really dont mind if much focus is giving to her in other stories.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    I would love to see a young actress with the dominnering presence of Angela Bassett along with the sex appeal and grace of Vanessa Williams.

Agreed with what you said but neither of those actresses could give Storm.
    Especially not Keke, love the girl as I do but no.

Being black & African isn't everything and it damn sure doesn't just get the job done.
    Depending on the direction a young Storm would be headed to I do believe Keke would do an amazing job, she likely wouldnt be the Diva Goddess she is today but I think showing her blossoming into that or on aocurse there would be great for her. I think she can pull off Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think they would make a truly powerful couple if it ever happened though I do highly doubt it. Imagine the offspring of these two.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well Scarlet Witch has two appreciation threads so that's awesome too. : )

I'm also a very, very active Storm fan ( i have the highest number of posts in Storm's forum in comicvine ) and most Storm fans always want to talk especially that there's something to talk about.

Anyway, My friend saw the X-men days of future past poster and he didn't like how Storm looked like because of the short hair. I agreed with him. : (
    Indeed, that is what makes storm's thread so great is that she has many very active, suppotive and loyal fans that always have something interesting to share and talk about, it is great to see!

Also, Yes, Scarlet Witch getting shown respect on both the Marvel and X-Boards is a Dream, Really Happy to see indeed!

I am indeed more worried in how much Storm will be used and how she will be used in DofP, it is one of my main worries about the movie.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

He's very worthy of her, NO past lover of hers compares.
    But yes...it is a nice picture & stuff.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    X-Men #18. Why is Storm not on the cover?
    I can't tell who everyone is on the cover, but I was thinking it was because she doesn't need a suit to survive in space...

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    I read his interview with Marvel.com... looks like he plans on focusing on Rachel while his favorite is Jubilee. While I'm not reassured he will do a great job (especially with that Green Lantern movie on his resume) I don't really care whether he likes Storm or not... just if he can write her well.
    There were a lot of writers and re-writers on that movie (like... half a dozen?), I don't think you can particularly blame Guggenheim, lol.

It's possible he took her off the team because she's got a solo now. But if Wolverine can be in a half dozen or more books at once, why can't Storm?

With Storm getting her solo I dont mind that she doesnt get much focus on this book. As long as Pak delivers im good and honestly I dont want the masses to get Storm fatigue akin to what logan has been experiencing.
    It was sickening the way Mike Marts talked about Wolverine in the latest X-POS...

"Are we getting any more mini-series or anthology series? I miss them."
    "Yes, Wolverine is!"

"What books should X-Fans be paying attention to?"
    "Anything involving Wolverine is going to be very big, read that!"

Ugh...

I don't think I could ever get tired of Storm in that way, though.

I just think she's a good actress. I mean, she really made me feel for her character in "12 Years A Slave." At this point, I don't care if they pick a Storm of the color I would personally like (a.k.a. a lighter brown skin tone... Storm's supposed to look multiracial, even if she isn't), I just want her portrayed by someone who can give the character the depth she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am indeed more worried in how much Storm will be used and how she will be used in DofP, it is one of my main worries about the movie.
    I'm pretty sure she gets killed off in the dystopian future near the beginning of the movie and never mentioned again... I mean, I get that impression from the trailers and the fact that they said something about not filming much with Halle 'cos she was pregnant at the time...
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-09-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Thanks for the scans, Weather God! That said, while I am sure Yost knows Storm is much more powerful than Iceman, the concern I was trying to articulate had to do with the possibility of *certain* aspects of Storm's powers being ignored or written down in order to give Iceman's powers a place on the team. I could even see instances where Storm and Iceman pool their powers together to pull a specific feat which Storm would be able to do on her own if Bobby were not there. I honestly just don't see the point of having the two of them on a team together. I say, swap Iceman out for Gambit and I'd be good. Firestar isn't necessary either. Storm and Firestar might combine their powers for feats Storm can do by herself as well, though, Storm would not have to be written down to have Firestar on a team with her save for an instance like I just mentioned. I just get irritated when I see showings like the ones that were outlined in the "No More Humans" arc. It took Storm, Magneto and Jean working together to do something that Storm could have easily done by herself. It bugs me.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-09-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I'm pretty sure she gets killed off in the dystopian future near the beginning of the movie and never mentioned again... I mean, I get that impression from the trailers and the fact that they said something about not filming much with Halle 'cos she was pregnant at the time...
    That is what I thought as well, I am hoping maybe it is a tease to make you think she dies but she does not, but worried you and me are right and really that is a MAJOR Spoiler IMO to show in the previews. I mean, if you are a Storm Fan and they show a scene where she dies and you can figure out it is at the start of the movie, then time travel or not, that is a really bummer IMO.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I can't tell who everyone is on the cover, but I was thinking it was because she doesn't need a suit to survive in space...

There were a lot of writers and re-writers on that movie (like... half a dozen?), I don't think you can particularly blame Guggenheim, lol.

It's possible he took her off the team because she's got a solo now. But if Wolverine can be in a half dozen or more books at once, why can't Storm?

It was sickening the way Mike Marts talked about Wolverine in the latest X-POS...

"Are we getting any more mini-series or anthology series? I miss them."
    "Yes, Wolverine is!"

"What books should X-Fans be paying attention to?"
    "Anything involving Wolverine is going to be very big, read that!"

Ugh...

I don't think I could ever get tired of Storm in that way, though.

I just think she's a good actress. I mean, she really made me feel for her character in "12 Years A Slave." At this point, I don't care if they pick a Storm of the color I would personally like (a.k.a. a lighter brown skin tone... Storm's supposed to look multiracial, even if she isn't), I just want her portrayed by someone who can give the character the depth she deserves.

You are thinking of the episode where Storm is stated to have varying features of various ethnic groups when she was regressed back to a child state and was hospitalized? I believe that is the issue you are considering when you state that Storm is suppose to look "multiracial". If that is the issue then you must remember that even if that particular comic, Storm's complexion was extremely dark. In any case, study after study has discovered that black Africans have the greatest genetic variety and therefore have a variety of bone structure, complexions, hair textures, eye color, and etc. Many women, especially black women, can have literally any feature so Storm suppose to appear "multiracial" does not automatically mean she must be lighter skinned. Her supposed "multiracial" look is a quality that many black women possess naturally as seen in the wide range of complexions, hair texture, and other features that black women represent. What is most important is that a quality actress portrays Storm in a way that is true to her character and essence and that Storm receives a quality script.

All-New Member

I dont think u should worry. Pak has been the only writer who has been vocal about getting his hands on her to write her story. She inspired him as a child and as an adult he seems to truly respect her in terms of her impact as character and the power that she welds. And again as long as she is handled with care in her solo I really dont mind if much focus is giving to her in other stories.
    July cannot come fast enough but, in the meantime, is anyone else at least a little excited for the Amazing X-men Annual that will focus on Storm? The previews looking promising but, I simply cannot get my hopes up when it comes to anything related to Marvel and their treatment of Storm.