Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Netflix's The Defenders

Feel free to discuss anything regarding Marvelīs newest show on Netflix "The Defenders".

What did you think about it ??

I enjoyed it a lot, the pace was kind of slow at the beginning but then it picked up on Episode 3, very solid show.

Up to the last episode now... it started slow (as did every other Marvel Netflix show did for me) but it certainly picked up and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Excited to see how it ends.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm on episode six - it feels to me like it's Elektra's story so far more than anyone else's but that's not a bad thing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm on episode six - it feels to me like it's Elektra's story so far more than anyone else's but that's not a bad thing.
    Agreed. A pleasant surprise, honestly.

Stick's always a scene stealer. and Cox is killing it as Murdock. to me, he's clearly the most talented (acting-wise) of the bunch.

Ultimate Member

It was, underwhelming:

-The Hand's master plan kind of sucked in the end. That's "strike three" as far as making them interesting/menacing in the MCU for me, I don't care about them anymore.
    -Sigourney Weaver's character ended being really disappointing to.
    -Danny still sucks.
    -Wasn't a fan of what they did with Elektra.
    -Certain other plot-threads/characters didn't pay off either.
    -The team dynamic overall was underwhelming.
    -Etc.

On the flip side, forget a Luke/Danny spinoff, I want a Matt/Jessica spinoff. Because their dynamic was actually fun.

Overall, not really worth all of the buildup imo.

I love the Hand's mini-bosses (the African and that guy who was cutting up a bear). they were fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Stick's always a scene stealer. and Cox is killing it as Murdock. to me, he's clearly the most talented (acting-wise) of the bunch.
    Can't get enough of Stick. And I agree as well. Cox is certainly the most polished of the bunch.

BANNED

Who would you guys say is the most skilled person on the show ??

And the most skilled out of the four Defenders ??

The former is a little complicated, but I think the latter goes to Matt with Danny as a close second.

I enjoyed the show but i was underwhelmed by it. The characters were fine but the plot was ehh and it seems like no one can pull off the supernatural because the hand were hokey to me.

Defenders is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Who would you guys say is the most skilled person on the show ??

And the most skilled out of the four Defenders ??

The former is a little complicated, but I think the latter goes to Matt with Danny as a close second.
    Elektra then Stick then Matt then Danny (who has gotten a lot better; thankfully)

that fight between Daredevil and Iron Fist was beautifully choreographed.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did not see the end of episode 6 coming.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

What do you think about Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver) as a villain ?? Is she up there with Fisk and Kilgrave ??

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    What do you think about Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver) as a villain ?? Is she up there with Fisk and Kilgrave ??
    No. She could have been but they never really showed her power. I don't know how to use spoiler tags but I feel like they could have made the final 2 episodes a little bigger and showed an actual threat, versus dancing around it.

spoilers:
    Like... I feel that the final 2 episodes could have been tighter, writing wise. We never really got this feeling that Elektra feared death so why should she want to live forever? I know she is the "Black Sky" but there needed to be a little more to it. I also felt that The Hand was more interesting in DD Season 1 and 2 and then the inclusion of K'un L'un and The Chaste just felt... off. I didn't like it and it kind of made this seem a little... meh. There should have been some sort of beast/demon or something.

The best question would have to be...Is she dead? Did she get out and save Matt or was it Gao? It'd make a little sense for the former over the latter but... I don't know how.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 08-18-2017 at 10:01 PM.