Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    No. Only because even if it's status quo as long as Slott's writing the title, when he leaves, someone will undo it. Don't forget, Johnny was married to Alicia at one point.
    Meh. Marriage was always wrong for Johnny. Ben's like the polar opposite.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Exactly. Ben's whole deal is being am orange rock monster than few would ever be attracted to. Alicia is one of the few people that make him feel normal and loved. The marriage is natural progression of their relationship and it's not like Ben has flocks of women who'd be crying over him no longer being single. His story has never really been about having many different relationships, you can count all of them on one hand.

There is always Johnny (and now Franklin and Valeria) for the different relationship drama.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ben had children in the Spider-Girl MC2 universe too. I thought the mother in that one was Sharon Ventura though. And Johnny was married to Lyja, which would be just like Tom DeFalco to do that
    Ben and Sharon divorced though, and eventually Alyce Grimm went with Sharon while Jacob stayed with Ben. Meanwhile in Alan Davis' Fantastic Four: The End, after the split-up of the FF Ben and Alicia raised a family of three in terraformed Mars where the Inhumans migrated too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Exactly. Ben's whole deal is being am orange rock monster than few would ever be attracted to. Alicia is one of the few people that make him feel normal and loved. The marriage is natural progression of their relationship and it's not like Ben has flocks of women who'd be crying over him no longer being single. His story has never really been about having many different relationships, you can count all of them on one hand.

There is always Johnny (and now Franklin and Valeria) for the different relationship drama.
    Is a joke about Ben only having three fingers and a thumb on each hand appropriate here?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is a joke about Ben only having three fingers and a thumb on each hand appropriate here?
    That always bothered me. Why did Lee and Kirby have that happen to Ben? Incidentally in FF #588 the memorial issue to Johnny Dragotta drew Ben with five fingers.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Yeah agreed. Johnny just isn’t the marrying type. It works for Ben though

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That always bothered me. Why did Lee and Kirby have that happen to Ben? Incidentally in FF #588 the memorial issue to Johnny Dragotta drew Ben with five fingers.
    I think with Kirby, it may be an artistic choice. If you have 5 large fingers, the hands would have to be really big. I've always read that Jack Kirby thought that Ben's rocky look was something he got from theories about the dinosaurs. Lizard or reptile "hands" or feet usually don't have 4 claws (or "fingers") and a smaller "thumb". A T-Rex would have 3 "toes" and 2 claws on their "hands". I think that is the look Kirby was going for, but without looking like claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ben and Sharon divorced though, and eventually Alyce Grimm went with Sharon while Jacob stayed with Ben. Meanwhile in Alan Davis' Fantastic Four: The End, after the split-up of the FF Ben and Alicia raised a family of three in terraformed Mars where the Inhumans migrated too.
    Now that you mention it, I do recall that they were divorced. It's been a while since I've read Alan Davis's mini series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nope, Ben tried to marry a civilian before and broke it off due to the dangers, so it will be strange for him to change his mind
    Yes, because characters remain static and don't change[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah agreed. Johnny just isn’t the marrying type. It works for Ben though
    Johnny is happily married to Lyja in the MC2 Universe. Ben was the one who ended up divorced in that reality (he had a failed relationship with Sharon Ventura)

And Hercules is sleeping with wolverine in one universe. Really only one universe counts canonically

Boisterously Confused

Coming in late. It's Past Time.

All it takes is good writers to make it interesting and maybe even, iconic.

LOL! I didn't know Ben has functioning nether parts.
    Making love must be tough though, considering how thick his rocky hide is...

If Ben and Alicia do have kids, wouldn't she be subject to the same medical issues Sue faced during her pregnancies?

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    LOL! I didn't know Ben has functioning nether parts.
    Making love must be tough though, considering how thick his rocky hide is...

If Ben and Alicia do have kids, wouldn't she be subject to the same medical issues Sue faced during her pregnancies?
    Ben can be human again for one week every year, so if they are going to want kids that's the time to try.

I think the risk to Alicia would be much lower as the problem with Sue was that both she and Reed were cosmically irradiated. Things many be ok with Alicia as only Ben was changed. Plus if the kid is a mutant you likely won't find out until they are teen as that is when it usually manifests.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Really only one universe counts canonically
    That isn't remotely true anymore. As several alternate universe characters matter to the overall mythology (Spider-Gwen, Old Man Logan etc)

To quote a Marvel writer, a mister Dan Slott, any character/universe you enjoy is the real one to you.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-23-2018 at 07:23 AM.

I guarantee they will go back to their own universes eventually.

I wonder which song Ben and Alicia will choose for their first dance?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That isn't remotely true anymore. As several alternate universe characters matter to the overall mythology (Spider-Gwen, Old Man Logan etc)
    Or it doesn't. Marvel legacy is build on 50 years, not 50 weeks, of experimental story telling and character development. Gwen Stacy is dead, and that is a critical part of the Spider-man legacy. That storyline lead to the end of the comicbook code and eventually liberated comics to the modern form you currently enjoy.

To quote a Marvel writer, a mister Dan Slott, any character/universe you enjoy is the real one to you.
    Dan Slott is not only a bad writer, who is at best unimaginative and exploitative in his writing, depending on gimmicks like bringing Gwen Stacy back or marrying Susan Storm to Dr Doom, but the Marvel editors would like nothing more than to heal the Marvel continuity problem and they have said so bluntly.