Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Men know that having your wife be a cat lady is far worse than facing Hulk, Dr. Doom, and Galactus.

Run, Ben, Run!!
    She had sooooo many cats.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

YES! I believe it will push through.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If anyone out there really hasn't hated my ideas yet:

MTIO as a sitcomish series with Ben and Alicia (and the cats).

Do i think they will get hitched? Yes i do. Do i think it will last? That i don't know, i would like to believe that after the fiasco with Kitty and to put one over DC after their little **** up with the Bat & Cat they will not pull a fast one but then again their track record is not the most stellar.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Yeah, I've never ever seen what Aunt Petunia looks like as Ben kept mentioning her several times and never got the issue where she appeared. She's surprisingly beautiful to be honest.
    IIRC Ben's Uncle Jake's wife passed away and Petunia is his second wife.

Ooookay, not blood related. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    As a fan of the Thing I question his upcoming marriage to Alica Masters as this is not the first time Marvel tried something like this with Ben and Alica as well.

Given the history of the Fantastic Four and the Thing one has to wonder: Will Marvel pull the rug under its readership again ?

I mean just earlier this year fans were given a Bait and Switch Marvel X-men wedding and it lead to a new series in the line up. Also again with the whole history of Ben and Alica one has to wonder if ANYTHING can go wrong.....I mean COME ON It can't be that SIMPLE, RIGHT ?

As fans of the characters and its history: What do you all think of this ?
    This is my biggest concern too. This past summer, we saw two major wedding events get canceled at the last minute. Kitty/Colossus was especially heartbreaking and I think it did some serious damage to Kitty Pryde's character. I'd rather not see that happen to Thing and Alicia. They deserve better. I know Marvel has a shaky history with married characters, but I hope the success of Mr. and Mrs. X shows that married characters can work. At the very least, Thing and Alicia deserve a chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

As a character he's been allowed to drift away in popularity and importance for decades. This storyline is a way to take him in a slightly different direction. There is no chance they are passing up that opportunity.

(Cue ben turning human during ceremony and running out of the ceremony)

Ben and Alicia should have a child. it would be cool for the Thing to be a dad, finally.

Spectacular Member

The relationship between Ben and Alicia has played out over decades - where for the majority of the time they've been together, they've also had relationships with others when they've been apart.

Maybe it's time to explore something new with the pair - so a marriage at this point makes sense. It's really not like they haven't shown she's a survivor of numerous near-death or life-altering experiences as a result of her relationship with Ben and the Fantastic Four in general.

Ben isnt so popular that Marvel can try and sell us that "Marriage limits stories' horseshit so I think it'll go through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ben and Alicia should have a child. it would be cool for the Thing to be a dad, finally.
    A baby thing could be a rough delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    He has twin boys in the Earth X universe. That look exactly like him. I have to assume there was a hell of an anesthetic mutant on hand to help with that delivery.

Maybe it’s like passing kidney stones but bigger?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ben had children in the Spider-Girl MC2 universe too. I thought the mother in that one was Sharon Ventura though. And Johnny was married to Lyja, which would be just like Tom DeFalco to do that