Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Sorry, big, are you referencing comic Ollie or CW Ollie when you say MCU Clint is more accurate? For the latter, sure, but I'd be pretty hesitant to make that claim about his comic book counterpart without having gone through the character's history pretty thoroughly. Those comic book feats tend to get pretty out there-- Connor, who is a worse archer than Ollie as I recall, shot the entire rotor blade set off a helicopter with one normal arrow. I'm sure his dad has some insane stuff as well.

On a similar note, I wouldn't assume MCU Clint is a better shot than comic Clint.
    It may be semantics, but Big didn’t actually say that MCU Clint was more accurate. He just said that Ollie wasn’t more accurate because it’s nearly impossible to have better accuracy feats than the one in the wind against the helicarrier, and the one on the bridge with the computer port.

(Of course, comics Bullseye would contest that claim.)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Sorry, big, are you referencing comic Ollie or CW Ollie when you say MCU Clint is more accurate? For the latter, sure, but I'd be pretty hesitant to make that claim about his comic book counterpart without having gone through the character's history pretty thoroughly. Those comic book feats tend to get pretty out there-- Connor, who is a worse archer than Ollie as I recall, shot the entire rotor blade set off a helicopter with one normal arrow. I'm sure his dad has some insane stuff as well.

On a similar note, I wouldn't assume MCU Clint is a better shot than comic Clint.
    Ok, I'll clarify: I don't think that anything really indicates Ollie being MORE accurate than MCU Clint. Simply speaking, the computer port feat is as good an accuracy feat as you can have: through a tiny breach, he fires an arrow such that it's directional prongs slide directly into needle sized computer sockets, and gets the rotation and power so perfect that when the little flaps pop out, THOSE then perfectly go into their slots. It's accuracy on the micrometer scale from long range, and gets the force and the rotation perfect.

I'm also not claiming that's BETTER than comic Ollie, simply that it's not demonstrably worse.

As stated, of course, Ollie is a lot quicker, ane a distinctly better fighter. I just challenged the statement that Ollie was better in every way than MCU Clint, since there is one measure in which he isn't clearly better.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

That's fair! Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Ok, I'll clarify: I don't think that anything really indicates Ollie being MORE accurate than MCU Clint. Simply speaking, the computer port feat is as good an accuracy feat as you can have: through a tiny breach, he fires an arrow such that it's directional prongs slide directly into needle sized computer sockets, and gets the rotation and power so perfect that when the little flaps pop out, THOSE then perfectly go into their slots. It's accuracy on the micrometer scale from long range, and gets the force and the rotation perfect.
    Breaking it down like that, it really is an awesome shot for Clint and an amazing feat of accuracy.

This might be a bit off topic, but I'm curious as to how it compares to a certain feat from the Hakaider movie.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Breaking it down like that, it really is an awesome shot for Clint and an amazing feat of accuracy.

This might be a bit off topic, but I'm curious as to how it compares to a certain feat from the Hakaider movie.
    Jebus. You are a wealth of material lol

Assuming it was him somehow.... curving the shot? And not his computer doing the work for him or the blast smashing straight to the target, then yeah it superior. BECAUSE ITS IMPOSSIBU! :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Jebus. You are a wealth of material lol

Assuming it was him somehow.... curving the shot? And not his computer doing the work for him or the blast smashing straight to the target, then yeah it superior. BECAUSE ITS IMPOSSIBU! :P
    I do what I can. I even have that movie on DVD!

It does look like targeting played a part in it so he knew what to shoot but the gun had the power and he had the accuracy to make the shot. It's a bit crazy because Hakaider just stands there and shoots and the bullet does the rest.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I do what I can. I even have that movie on DVD!

It does look like targeting played a part in it so he knew what to shoot but the gun had the power and he had the accuracy to make the shot. It's a bit crazy because Hakaider just stands there and shoots and the bullet does the rest.
    It's the casual way he shoots that makes me love the scene lol. One handed, kinda lazy.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It's the casual way he shoots that makes me love the scene lol. One handed, kinda lazy.
    Yeah, Ryo!Hakaider was pretty casual about things. He had a lot of raw power and durability but not as much personality as the original Hakaider. Still, at least this version keeps his braincase covered up.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator