Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Y'know I'm starting to feel like DBZ threads were never really all that bad as I've thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Y'know I'm starting to feel like DBZ threads were never really all that bad as I've thought they were.
    Eh. We had one locked because of insults like a month ago.

You should weigh in on "Jiren vs Celestials" btw. I'm sure you would love it and I'm totally not being sarcastic. :P

Also, it appears I'm incapable of falling asleep. Hooray me!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Eh. We had one locked because of insults like a month ago.

You should weigh in on "Jiren vs Celestials" btw. I'm sure you would love it and I'm totally not being sarcastic. :P
    I still feel like live action MCU is waging a serious come from behind campaign to overtake them anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So, I'll ask it again, I guess. What reflex performances does MCU Captain America have to suggest he can actually hit Batman, given Batman's reflex performances.
    Put back those goal posts.
    You specifically asked reflex performances (a shield toss should count) that show he can hit somebody who can blind-arrow-catch. That is how you put it.
    And hey, here is Cap, hitting somebody who can blind-arrow-catch. If that's not a feat showing he can hit somebody who can blind-arrow-catch, I don't know what is.

Caracas, your failure to adhere to board rules and standards regarding feats and capabilities on this thread means it's impossible for you to meaningfully participate on it. Do not post on this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Caracas, your failure to adhere to board rules and standards regarding feats and capabilities on this thread means it's impossible for you to meaningfully participate on it. Do not post on this thread again.
    I don't know who Caracas is, but they must have really messed up!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

How does T'challa's arrow catching feats compare to Batman's?

We seem to be focusing a ton on Cap here and T'challa seems to have better agility and reaction feats than Cap.

Also, isn't Bucky's standard equipment a machine gun?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

We seem to be focusing a ton on Cap here and T'challa seems to have better agility and reaction feats than Cap.

We were focusing on it because this one poster basically made the thread about his issues over the idea that MCU Cap couldn't solo Batman.

Anyway.

Ultimately MCU T'challa (and this is a thread about the live action versions of these characters vs comic Batman) doesn't really have reflex stuff as good. Batman's doing stuff like imperceptibly switching out teacups in eyeblinks, turning around and looking at arrows in flight, and drawing and throwing a batarang to split them in half, while they're still in flight, the like.

It doesn't really matter though, because Batman can't hurt him through the suit.

Bucky has guns, sure, but Batman aim dodges gunmen pretty well while rushing them, and Bucky's not Deadshot or anything. He doesn't really need to bother trying though, they can just charge up the suit with some strikes, suit does AoE, AoE takes Batman out, fight over.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

IIRC, Panther saw those arrows coming. They were fired straight at him. Batman caught his without even looking at the thing, from behind. And Green Arrow is more talented than MCU Hawkeye by some margin.

The gun is helpful slowing Bruce down so they can charge the suit up.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    And Green Arrow is more talented than MCU Hawkeye by some margin.
    Eh, he's quicker, sure, but he's not any more accurate than the guy who pulled off the arrow-precisely-into-the-computer-port shot in Avengers. It's impressive purely on accuracy, but he also got the rotation correct over that distance, and that's insane.

He also has the off-panel feat of "playing 18 and shooting 18" on his first round of golf which is both a ludicrous accuracy feat and a pretty ridiculous strength feat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Swiss army nerd

Cap hit Loki, yes, but wasn't this a Loki who was fully intending on being apprehended? Cap tagging a Loki who wanted to lose is no feat for Cap.

And boasting that you played and hit 18 holes in golf while trying to distract Iron Man isn't a feat for Hawkeye either.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Cap hit Loki, yes, but wasn't this a Loki who was fully intending on being apprehended? Cap tagging a Loki who wanted to lose is no feat for Cap.

And boasting that you played and hit 18 holes in golf while trying to distract Iron Man isn't a feat for Hawkeye either.
    For point one, yeah, I said exactly the same thing above.

For point two, I agree entirely, I mentioned it and specifically stated that it was off-panel. It doesn't really matter, as it's relatively impossible to have a better accuracy feat than MCU Clint has, at least within bow range. I completely agree that Ollie is faster and better in HtH than MCU Clint. He's just in no way at all more accurate.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For point one, yeah, I said exactly the same thing above.

For point two, I agree entirely, I mentioned it and specifically stated that it was off-panel. It doesn't really matter, as it's relatively impossible to have a better accuracy feat than MCU Clint has, at least within bow range. I completely agree that Ollie is faster and better in HtH than MCU Clint. He's just in no way at all more accurate.
    Ah, apologies! Didn't see you make the same point, that's what I get for scanning/skimming the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Ah, apologies! Didn't see you make the same point, that's what I get for scanning/skimming the thread.
    I already made the same mistake in another thread the same day. I'll never get mad for that. :-)

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Sorry, big, are you referencing comic Ollie or CW Ollie when you say MCU Clint is more accurate? For the latter, sure, but I'd be pretty hesitant to make that claim about his comic book counterpart without having gone through the character's history pretty thoroughly. Those comic book feats tend to get pretty out there-- Connor, who is a worse archer than Ollie as I recall, shot the entire rotor blade set off a helicopter with one normal arrow. I'm sure his dad has some insane stuff as well.

On a similar note, I wouldn't assume MCU Clint is a better shot than comic Clint.