Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    For those who didn't read flash war spoilers ahead:

Now with bart allen back and having two wally west's and barry and also Avery Ho and soon Jay Garrick.

Do you think DC has way too many speedsters?
    umm - yeah. But they have made such a mess of this, I don't see how they can find a way out. And now we have a duplication of the failure of the GL Color Wars with multiple forces aside from the speed force...

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    My problem is if they bring Bart then why keep Wallace and Bart is probably not on the same age group as tim drakevbut much younger so where does he fit in the DC universe
    Unless they screw around with ages, Bart and Tim are in the same age group. I'm not sure where Wallace falls in the generations; they keep tagging him with Damien Wayne but Wallace strikes me as being closer to the Young Justice generation (Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart). Bart will probably become Impulse again (never did like him as Kid Flash anyway) and they have very different personalities and they manifest their powers differently, so I'm no more worried about overlap there than I am worried about Supergirl and Conner Kent struggling to co-exist (which was never a problem).

I imagine that Bart-Impulse will live mostly in the pages of a Young Justice title, assuming my theories about one of those launching around the show's return are true.

Wallace-Kid Flash will likely stay in the pages of Flash as Barry's main sidekick, and will rotate through DC's endless attempts to make the Teen Titans relevant again.

Then we've got Wally hanging in the Titans (groan).

Barry in his own book and on the League.

Jay will do what he's done all through the modern age and mostly stick to a JSA title (once that launches).

That basically just leaves Max, Jesse, and Johnny (unless we decide to include speedsters from the future or Wally's twins). Johnny died years ago and no one seemed keen on bringing him back and I doubt much has changed. Max.....who knows, he was mostly just a supporting cast member during the Wally-Bart days and that's a good place for Max to be. But I dunno where he could do that if Bart and Wally are both restricted to team titles that rarely have much room for extended supporting casts and DC seems intent on keeping Barry as the GOAT so I doubt they'd want to bring in a guy like Max, who could school the hell outta Barry when it comes to the speed force. And Jesse? I dunno. I don't really see Infinity Inc. getting a re-launch anytime soon (though who knows? DC has made more surprising choices) so I guess it'd boil down to whether someone wanted to use her in the Titans or JSA or somewhere, where she'd presumably be the second speedster on the roster.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

You do know Wally's no longer in Titans, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC just needs to stop replacing characters when there isn't a need to.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This is what happens when you can't decide if you prefer that your universe logically progresses (i.e. sidekicks grow up), or if you prefer that your brands remain consistently recognizable (i.e. The Flash is a lightning-struck/chemically-doused CSI named Barry Allen).

There's room for all these folks, and for all the hangers-on lingering about The Batcave, if you can spread them out over time. However, since nobody's going to allow Bruce Wayne's permanent retirement, those linked with him by stories are stuck in time too.

At the same time, both fans and writers periodically want to pretend to ourselves that we're not just reading the same stuff over and over. Thus, changes enter the game. For a while.
    It helps to have multiple books to focus on all these characters rather then having to rely on the main Flash solo to balance and use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Unless they screw around with ages, Bart and Tim are in the same age group. I'm not sure where Wallace falls in the generations; they keep tagging him with Damien Wayne but Wallace strikes me as being closer to the Young Justice generation (Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart). Bart will probably become Impulse again (never did like him as Kid Flash anyway) and they have very different personalities and they manifest their powers differently, so I'm no more worried about overlap there than I am worried about Supergirl and Conner Kent struggling to co-exist (which was never a problem).
    Per Flash War Bart's back as Impulse.

I'd say Wallace is probably 3-4 years younger then Tim's generation, or at least closer to Damian's age. I think that will probably be how the age-range between the Teen Titans and Young Justice groups will shake out, with the Titans being older then both.
    Wallace-Kid Flash will likely stay in the pages of Flash as Barry's main sidekick, and will rotate through DC's endless attempts to make the Teen Titans relevant again.
    Even though he keeps going back and forth on whether he wants to be .
    That basically just leaves Max, Jesse, and Johnny (unless we decide to include speedsters from the future or Wally's twins). Johnny died years ago and no one seemed keen on bringing him back and I doubt much has changed. Max.....who knows, he was mostly just a supporting cast member during the Wally-Bart days and that's a good place for Max to be. But I dunno where he could do that if Bart and Wally are both restricted to team titles that rarely have much room for extended supporting casts and DC seems intent on keeping Barry as the GOAT so I doubt they'd want to bring in a guy like Max, who could school the hell outta Barry when it comes to the speed force. And Jesse? I dunno. I don't really see Infinity Inc. getting a re-launch anytime soon (though who knows? DC has made more surprising choices) so I guess it'd boil down to whether someone wanted to use her in the Titans or JSA or somewhere, where she'd presumably be the second speedster on the roster.
    Max could be involved in whatever book Bart ends up getting the most focus in.

I could see Jesse back on the JSA again. I don't think she was ever on that group as Jesse Quick and not Liberty Belle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see Jesse back on the JSA again. I don't think she was ever on that group as Jesse Quick and not Liberty Belle.
    Actually, when she was first created, it was in the 1992 series Justice Society of America (though I can't remember if she was officially "Jesse Quick" yet).

And, before the end of the 2007 series (post-Geoff Johns) she was back to using the Jesse Quick identity.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, when she was first created, it was in the 1992 series Justice Society of America (though I can't remember if she was officially "Jesse Quick" yet).

And, before the end of the 2007 series (post-Geoff Johns) she was back to using the Jesse Quick identity.
    I was wondering if Jesse going back to her old identity in Flash: Rebirth impacted the JSA book at the time. Guess so .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I imagine that Bart-Impulse will live mostly in the pages of a Young Justice title, assuming my theories about one of those launching around the show's return are true.

Then we've got Wally hanging in the Titans (groan).

Barry in his own book and on the League.

Jay will do what he's done all through the modern age and mostly stick to a JSA title (once that launches).

yeah - that sounds like about 12 too many,,

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC just needs to stop replacing characters when there isn't a need to.
    Until somebody lays down the LAW of 'USE WHO WE ALREADY HAVE" or "STOP HAVING ISSUES WITH CHARACTERS BECAUSE YOU HATE THEIR CREATORS".

Until fans stop doing the greatest gymnastics to avoid original created characters who have been around for years and actual SUPPORT or at least TRY a book with them.

Nothing will change.

Yes. I'd bet that a second Flash book would sell, especially if it used Wally and Bart. And Jay will fit...somewhere. He always does.

And DC may want to do a second book, or maybe a limited series. Or, they may not. There are no rules - to use older characters, to keep replacement characters active, to not create new characters.

Everything is at their option, and they do what they think works. And what have they done over the last decade or so? That's your best indication.

penetrator of things

jay garrick, max mercury and johnny quick as the caretakers of the FLASH museum
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Are there too many Bat-family members? (Yes but thats besides the point)

If Batman can have 30 people running around with him why can't the Flash?

This is my biggest problem with DC in general.

A couple derivative characters is fine. Having entire teams of knock-offs for every solo hero is ridiculous. Defeats the purpose of reading solo hero books when most of them are thinly veiled team books.

So, yes. Too many speedsters. Too many vigilantes in Gotham, too many archers in the northwest and definitely too many freakin' Green Lanterns.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

I guess they could spread them out have Barry in jla and a solo,have Jay and a returning Jessie in a jsa book,have wally in titans and a solo of his own,have Wallace in teen titans

And as much as I love Bart I'll send him back to his future once his story is told (and I'll get rid of his entire generation entirely)like Kon,tim,cassie.

Like I said, they could include Bart in Legion of Superheroes. He's originally from their time period.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You do know Wally's no longer in Titans, right?
    Yeah, I heard. I assume he'll be back soon enough though. DC seems incapable of letting those characters move on. Vic's been with the League now for several years, so *maybe* he'll escape it.....but if so he'll be the first, even Wally did double duty with the Titans and League back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Per Flash War Bart's back as Impulse.
    As it should be. I trade wait Flash so I haven't gotten to Flash War yet, but I did see an image of Bart's return and noticed he was in his Impulse costume. I just am not sure if he'll actually use Impulse as his name, or if he was just wearing his first costume for his return or what. Didn't want to make assumptions.

I'd say Wallace is probably 3-4 years younger then Tim's generation, or at least closer to Damian's age.
    Really? Wallace reads as being 15-16 to me, and that's *supposed* to be the age Tim and co. are at these days (though they should be pushing 19-20 in my mind).

It's not a big deal or anything, and I don't read any of the Titans books anymore anyway, but I always figured Wallace was closer to Tim's age than Damien's. Either way, not a big deal; I don't hate Wallace but he's my least favorite speedster.

Even though he keeps going back and forth on whether he wants to be .
    Ha! But then, what sidekick doesnt?

Max could be involved in whatever book Bart ends up getting the most focus in.
    I'd hope so, but if Bart only shows up in a Young Justice title (or other team book) that's not gonna leave a ton of room for Max, I'd think. I hope I'm wrong of course, I love Max and Bart together, I'm just not sure if Max would find much panel time as a supporting character in a team title.

I could see Jesse back on the JSA again.
    I think, especially right now with everything happening with the Source Wall and the various Forces, it'd be really interesting to explore what the Quick family speed equation is, how it works, etc. I've never been huge on Jesse, but I think there's a deep well of potential with her that no one has really scratched.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.