Default PP: Spectacular Spider-Man #308-309

I didn't see a thread on this just-completed 2-issue Sandman arc so I thought i would start one. With Zdarsky's run starting to wind down, he finally delivers a compact, two-part story that highlights his strengths resulting in one of the best Sandman stories I ever read. The tone actually reminds me of what we used to get back when "Webspinners" was a title back in the early 2000's; a bit more "indie" in feel and delivery but certainly grounded in present continuity with nods to what Zdarsky has been building over the last year plus on this title.

A very good read that i encourage any Spidey fan to check out; I can't help but wonder if Zdarsky would still be continuing on this title if he had trimmed his overly long time travel arc and included more stories like this one.

That ending... damm.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That ending... damm.
    Yeah, powerful and unexpected for sure!

But once again, great stories in satellite titles just don't seem to generate the buzz and sales as those in the "flagship" title which I suppose justifies Marvel's decision to do away with them and publish ASM thrice monthly back in 2008. I don't like or agree with that strategy but I can understand it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I didn't see a thread on this just-completed 2-issue Sandman arc so I thought i would start one. With Zdarsky's run starting to wind down, he finally delivers a compact, two-part story that highlights his strengths resulting in one of the best Sandman stories I ever read. The tone actually reminds me of what we used to get back when "Webspinners" was a title back in the early 2000's; a bit more "indie" in feel and delivery but certainly grounded in present continuity with nods to what Zdarsky has been building over the last year plus on this title.

A very good read that i encourage any Spidey fan to check out; I can't help but wonder if Zdarsky would still be continuing on this title if he had trimmed his overly long time travel arc and included more stories like this one.
    I agree. This story was much tighter. The time travel arc was quite a confusing mess actually.

The artwork is confusing. Some pages look like Bachalo drew each panel humongous size, and Marvel was forced to crop each panel to fit them onto the printed page, affecting storytelling.

Same problem with Bachalo when he was drawing Doctor Strange.