Default Organising The Thing’s bucks night

I love the idea of the thing getting married. It’s about time! What do you think should be done about his bucks night?

I could see Johnny organising a giant over the top party like the one in crazy rich asians and like in that movie, Reed will take him off and do something nice with just the two of them.

Do you think one of the fantastic four’s enemies will try and interrupt the bucks? I reckon puppet master might have some thoughts

I have never rationalised the split between the human Ben Grimms personality, and, the Things personality. I think once Ben became this ugly, enforcer, Hulk-light, Ben became somebody else. I think this tragic Thing Ben became is what attracted Alicia Masters, because he suffered for being this Thing, but Ben kept up-beat when he settled into his role, and Alicia recognised Ben in the Monster.

I just thought it’s worth describing the Ben Grimm who’s marrying Alicia, and who it is they are having the Bucks party for. As it’s the fatalistic monster-become-mister positive, the Bucks Party has to involve the people who helped him through the journey to become the Thing, and that includes the Poker table group, the FF, The GOTG, and the moloid kids. (I’m a bit torn here as to why Bens getting married, especially after Ben had that infatuation with that Alien lady in GOTG, he was supposed to go back and see, especially as that wasn’t resolved).

A Skrull Alicia maybe? How embarrassment on wedding night.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    A Skrull Alicia maybe? How embarrassment on wedding night.
    Hopefully not again

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I have never rationalised the split between the human Ben Grimms personality, and, the Things personality. I think once Ben became this ugly, enforcer, Hulk-light, Ben became somebody else. I think this tragic Thing Ben became is what attracted Alicia Masters, because he suffered for being this Thing, but Ben kept up-beat when he settled into his role, and Alicia recognised Ben in the Monster.

I just thought it’s worth describing the Ben Grimm who’s marrying Alicia, and who it is they are having the Bucks party for. As it’s the fatalistic monster-become-mister positive, the Bucks Party has to involve the people who helped him through the journey to become the Thing, and that includes the Poker table group, the FF, The GOTG, and the moloid kids. (I’m a bit torn here as to why Bens getting married, especially after Ben had that infatuation with that Alien lady in GOTG, he was supposed to go back and see, especially as that wasn’t resolved).

It would definitely be fun to see his poker group get involved. You know how every bucks night has that messy drunk that goes to far? My guess is that’ll be Karnak

.................... bucks night?

Astonishing Member

I think it means bachelor party...

Astonishing Member

A stag doo for the thing

Gotta be a poker game at some point

I love the idea of doom being invited and him losing his armour in a bet

The Rick Jones Bachelor party issue of Hulk was hilarious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I enjoyed that issue

Good run imo

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think it means bachelor party...

I suppose I have heard of a stag night but this is new.

He should go out with Cage, Spidey, Johnny, Reed (although what a wet blanket) and Danny Rand can pick up the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    A stag doo for the thing

Gotta be a poker game at some point

I love the idea of doom being invited and him losing his armour in a bet
    I would love to see Doom and Ben face off over a poker table. Based on the number of ways they've gone at each other over the years something as defined and equal as a poker table would be a Ben vs Victor extravaganza.

Now this would be a huge collection of Marvel's male heroes (and some villains - Sandman obviously). Now a road trip would fit as well. There must be all sorts of places a bunch of boyish heroes can go in the Marvel universe.

Fun topic here to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .................... bucks night?
    Oh right sorry I think that’s an Aussie term. I was wondering why this thread hadn’t exactly taken off like I thought it would

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That was hilarious. Cap’s face was awesome.