Default Thanos vs Thanos........................in chess

Ok,MCU Thanos vs 616 Thanos in chess. Best out of 7 takes it!

The one with actual super smarts feats and also the time he played a vaguely chess like game to complete the gauntlet

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah did MCU Thanos do a single smart thing? The more I try to think of things the more dumb stuff I can come up with. Like outsourcing collecting the stones or outright giving them away.

616 Thanos has plenty of feats demonstrating intelligence and strategy, but he seems to sabotage his own success. He toys with MCU Thanos and then finally lets him win, because whatever.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

MCU Thanos is canonically bad at mathematics and logic as evidenced by his dumbass plan to try and solve resource scarcity using a magical omnipotent gauntlet and channeling that power into murder.

I suspect he is bad at chess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    616 Thanos has plenty of feats demonstrating intelligence and strategy, but he seems to sabotage his own success. He toys with MCU Thanos and then finally lets him win, because whatever.
    That hasn't been an aspect of 616 Thanos for ages now. Especially not with the "Ultimate Enemy of Life and Everything that is Good and Holy and also Puppies" persona that they've given him in the current comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    MCU Thanos is canonically bad at mathematics and logic as evidenced by his dumbass plan to try and solve resource scarcity using a magical omnipotent gauntlet and channeling that power into murder.

I suspect he is bad at chess.
    He either eats the chess pieces, or destroys half of them. 616 Thanos pinches the bridge of his nose, and then vaporizes him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He either eats the chess pieces, or destroys half of them. 616 Thanos pinches the bridge of his nose, and then vaporizes him.
    Hee hee hee, I might draw this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hee hee hee

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hee hee hee

As always....

...niiiiiice.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Hee hee hee

Faaaantastic.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair to MCU Thanos, the culling of 50% of all life seems more like a religious belief to him and his followers, rather than a resource distribution one. Presumably he had some sort of breakdown and Messiah complex after the fall of Titan.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair to MCU Thanos, the culling of 50% of all life seems more like a religious belief to him and his followers, rather than a resource distribution one. Presumably he had some sort of breakdown and Messiah complex after the fall of Titan.
    Given his parallels with Tony, he was probably his world’s Elon Musk, and killing half the universe is his version of that stupid goddamn sub.

Also Nik, thank you for that picture.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-07-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands