Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    X-Men Evolution should return for a season 5. It was meant to be about the dark phoenix Saga.
    Yes, where Xavier says something like, "I saw our dearest of friends turned into our worst enemy" as a young Jean dressed in a black and gold costume screams as she is transforming inside a ball of energy.

At least that is what I remember--that clip was so short and so long ago, lol!

Astonishing Member

You know, I'm content with most animated shows I've watched and how they ended. But after reading Previously on X-Men by Eric Lewald and following the book's Twitter account (which frequently retweets tweets by people saying they should revive the series) now I want to see that happen.

Not because I'm dissatisfied with how it ended. Because I have an almost morbid curiosity about how crazy it could be.

Imagine resurrecting that show, with that cast of characters but trying to incorporate stuff from the newer comics. Would Cyclops maybe go all militant and become more of an antagonist? Rogue coming off a stint leading a more mainstream team (if not the Avengers in that universe, maybe X-Factor). Beast tampering with time or maybe even dabbling in magic like the time-displaced O5 version. Maybe add the All-New Wolverine to the team. Perhaps set it five years after the old show ended and have Jubilee move back to the mansion with Shogo in tow (with or without fangs). And that's not even imagining them trying to adapt stuff from Morrison's run.

I mean, they've already done Claremont's greatest hits but with a more '90s cast. Most of the stuff that's left to draw on is modern stuff that might seem kind of bonkers on a kids' show.

Thundaar!!!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

theoretically my wish for an "Invader Zim" relaunch is being granted.

and, since unlike the PPG, they actually got a good chunk of the original talent back... it might not be a complete trainwreck.

oh wait, this is Zim and Gir we're talking about. hopefully it will be a bizarre and funny trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man are the big ones for me.
    I'll second Gargoyles, so long as its Greg Weisman and the original crew at the helm (Greg and the other original creators had nothing to do with season 3 beyond the first episode).

Actually just did a rewatch of the series, and its still good. Could have used more variety in voice actors for more minor characters, but overall, a great series with a deep lore. And probably one of the best villains in Demona.

Looking through what Weisman had planned for the series going forward, even an eventual redemption arc for Demona, a family for Brooklyn, and a lot more, makes me wish Disney would get off their butts and at least let the guy do the comics version.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Roswell Conspiracies: Aliens, Myths and Legends

that show was far more complex and deep than most shows. criminally underrated.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    Blackstar reboot. Without the shackles of Saturday morning TV and its premise and mythology already well thought out it could be excellent. And, hey maybe have John Blackstar actually be African-American instead of a really tan He-man clone
    The funny thing about that statement is that Blackstar aired before He-Man.

Thundarr the Barbarian reboot. As above. With its post-apocalyptic setting and existence of magic you could tell some very good stories
    Lords of Light! I can get behind this!

Here are my additions:

Spectacular Spider-Man: I really want to see this complete story. I loved everything about this series. Greg Wiesman really knew how to use the entire Spider-Man mythology to keep the viewers guessing and change things up to make some really interesting villains and stories.

Sym-Bionic Titan: One part Voltron, one part Gatchaman, one part teen drama, this show just was plain awesome! And then Cartoon Network killed it! This series, like Spectacular Spider-Man, needs to told.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Bring the 2002 reboot series back and complete the story! Seriously! I have to see He-Man fight Hordak!

Minor series I wouldn't mind getting the Voltron: Legendary Defender treatment of high quality reboots:
    Spiral Zone
    Pirates of Dark Water (Junga Lunga! How has this not happened yet!)
    Blackstar (it's a good idea. I'd like this.)
    Shadow Raiders
    Reboot (don't do a damn live action Code Lyoko this time)

Astonishing Member

Ren and Stimpy.
    He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    X-Men: Evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Spider-Man and Amazing Friends Firestar and Iceman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'd like to see the Spectacular Spider-Man continued in some form.

And Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Whether it's animated shows that were cancelled and you want to see a new season or an old property you'd like to see rebooted for modern audiences, post animated shows you'd like to see brought back.

WITCH - Airing on Jetix and starring five teenage girls who become guardians of numerous magical worlds. Lasted only two seasons. Sounds generic but it was executed very well. I'd like to see at least two more seasons of it.
    Totally agree. I would love to see new seasons of W.I.T.C.H.; X-Men: Evolution; Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends and Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'll also add these shows:
    OG Teen Titans (2003)
    The Tick
    6Teen
    Big Guy & Rusty the Boy Robot
    Eon Kid (known as Iron Kid in South Korea)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-28-2020 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Totally agree. I would love to see new seasons of W.I.T.C.H.; X-Men: Evolution; Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends and Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'll also add these shows:
    Original Teen Titans (2003)
    The Tick
    6Teen
    Big Guy & Rusty the Boy Robot
    Eon Kid (known as Iron Kid in South Korea)
    Didn't the Teen Titans Go movie hinted that they might bring the original series back?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Didn't the Teen Titans Go movie hinted that they might bring the original series back?
    I haven't seen the Teen Titans Go! movie yet. But if what you say comes true, then I'm totally looking forward to it. Thanks.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-28-2020 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I haven't seen the Teen Titans Go! movie yet. But if what you say comes true, then I'm totally looking forward to it. Thanks.
    Here's the post credit scene:

Spectacular Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man, X-Men Evo, Superman: The Animated Series

Generator rex
    Beware the batman.