Astonishing Member

Default How do folks shake the universe or destroy galaxies in one blast?

We see this in most universes. Odin destroys a galaxy in a fight side effect. The birth of a celestial shakes the galaxy. Goku and Jiren. Various Crises in the DCU (like a spreading antimatter wave way back in the COIE which seemed to creep along).

Well, our universe is pretty big - a trillion galaxies, each with 100 billion stars. We can see maybe out to 13 billion light years. There may be more out there.

So what's shaking the universe in real time? It can't be light speed energy. What are these folks putting out - which we don't see in their normal, usages.

Or maybe the writers don't think about modern astronomy (better theory)?

This is one of the many examples of the way ‘comic’ is missing the ‘s’ in ‘cosmic’. And the ‘s’ stands for ‘science’.

Short answer: COMIC BOOKS lol

Longer answer: perhaps they aren't shaking the stuff in the universe like what a normal explosive would. Perhaps they are shaking the fabric of the dimension itself simply by generating so much power, real time/space cant maintain its flow. Imagine a trampoline with a bunch of marbles on it. The marbles are galaxies. The stretched fabric of the trampoline itself is the universe/cosmos where all the marbles live. A sun exploding may be like a finger has flicked a marble gently. Galactus going all out is more like a 5 year old has jumped on the canvas. All the marbles, even the ones furthest from the child will bounce.

....but I tend to prefer COMIC BOOKS
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

The same way Kenshiro makes people asplode.

That's the beauty of fiction; the suspension of belief for that hour we take to immerse ourselves in the work of art in our hands(hopefully wearing the proper gloves, we we can re-bag and re-seal...)

It doesn't need to be explained, it just needs to be taken as-is.

Face it, if comic book writers or mangaka had degrees in top-shelf physics, chances are, they'd go for the more interesting career. You know, the one which entails writing textbooks, and not storybooks.

So be happy that they don't else we'd have never had the chance to witness talent like Lee or Mignola.
    Last edited by T51R; 09-16-2018 at 09:52 AM.

It’s fiction. To totally destroy a galaxy or universe in real time is a ton of destructive force touching said thing dxtreenallly inward at one point in time like a wormhole barrage or in case of universe a being outside of it doing destroying.

Because doing it within said space, cannot be instantous. Shit is not that damn fast.

Odin is just really fat
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

S'fiction.

S'because the writer said so.

Astonishing Member

I know to suspend disbelied, just venting on this as we say X can beat Y because X destroyed galaxies or the universe. If we have to wait 13 billion years to see if that happened, I won't be around.

Odin is fat is a good answer.

In stories, as opposed to Rumbles, I take things like "Galaxies were destroyed from the shock waves of their battle" as hyperbole, not to be taken seriously. It's the same thing as everything is from another galaxy rather than anything being from another solar system or "This boxing match is bringing the house down." [Looks at roof. Roof is still there. Hyperbole].

OR: COMIC BOOKS- and Odin is fat.
    Power with Girl is better.