Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Isaac Netero vs. Whitebeard

Isaac Netero, the former head of the Hunter's Association, takes on Edward Newgate, the Emperor of the Sea

Bonus: They sit and talk

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

prrrrrroooobablyyyy... Whitebeard?

Dude is ridiculously durable and brainquake is a pretty potent attack. He also hits harder.

Netero might be faster but mostly because Whitebeard isn't a speed-based guy.

Astonishing Member

I don't see a talk between them ending very peacefully. Two very different ideologies.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well, newgate is pretty speedy and quick for a guy his size since he was able to get the jump on akainu without him noticing. it's not much but it's something.

but yeah, i'm with nik on this. whitebeard hits hard and can take a hell of a beating so if he gets a good shot on netero, the chairman is going down or at the very least, not gonna be in good shape afterward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I don't see a talk between them ending very peacefully. Two very different ideologies.
    How so? What are the big differences

I don't see Whitebeard getting that hit in. Whitebeard can be fast when he wants to be, but Isaac Netero is explicitly capable of executing a thousand blows in under a minute. That means a thousand hand claps, summoning a building-sized gold Buddha, and landing one of countless combinations upon the target. Whitebeard is tough and strong, but he's not getting an accurate punch in through that barrage. His aim would constantly be thrown off.

Extraordinary Member

Whitebeard does on the other hand have some nasty AoE capabilities that could stun Netero long enough.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

anyone remember any good durability feats for Isaac?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I don't see Whitebeard getting that hit in. Whitebeard can be fast when he wants to be, but Isaac Netero is explicitly capable of executing a thousand blows in under a minute. That means a thousand hand claps, summoning a building-sized gold Buddha, and landing one of countless combinations upon the target. Whitebeard is tough and strong, but he's not getting an accurate punch in through that barrage. His aim would constantly be thrown off.
    Whitebeard doesn't really need to aim though.

Dude can just fire an earthquake in Netero's general direction and HxH are comparatively much squishier than One Piece folk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Dude can just fire an earthquake in Netero's general direction and HxH are comparatively much squishier than One Piece folk.
    Not to mention even while aged and dying Whitebeard was able to take some horrific levels of damage and still keep chugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    How so? What are the big differences
    Netero is...kind of a sadistic dick compared to Whitebeard.
    Last edited by wjowski; 09-16-2018 at 11:14 PM.

I honestly don't see Whitebeard managing to lift an arm in Netero's direction. Netero is not only absurdly faster, but also extremely accurate and perceptive in a fight. Meruem, himself waaay faster than Netero in everything but the latter's prayer motion, was hit 999/1000 times in that one-minute exchange (and that was after Netero had already lost a leg after an extended fight with Meruem). Meruem admitted to himself that if he had never developed his understanding of strategy beyond world-class chess players by losing over and over to the greatest Gungi player in the world, he might never have been able to penetrate Netero's defenses period.

I don't see Whitebeard managing to so much as point a finger at Netero before being slapped down every time.

Now Whitebeard might actually be able to literally spit a quake at Netero, in which case I'd give Whitebeard the win. But he has no feats for that.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 09-18-2018 at 02:31 PM.

I honestly don't see Whitebeard managing to lift an arm in Netero's direction. Netero is not only absurdly faster, but also extremely accurate and perceptive in a fight. Meruem, himself waaay faster than Netero in everything but the latter's prayer motion, was hit 999/1000 times in that one-minute exchange (and that was after Netero had already lost a leg after an extended fight with Meruem). Meruem admitted to himself that if he had never developed his understanding of strategy beyond world-class chess players by losing over and over to the greatest Gungi player in the world, he might never have been able to penetrate Netero's defenses period.

I don't see Whitebeard managing to so much as point a finger at Netero before being slapped down every time.

Now Whitebeard might actually be able to literally spit a quake at Netero, in which case I'd give Whitebeard the win. But he has no feats for that.
    But to what end? Whitebeard is pretty ridiculously durable. Everything short of Zero stance isn't really going to damage Whitebeard any more than it damaged Mereum. Also, Whitebeard is ridiculously strong and just has to swing his arm and the whole area is going to be consumed by a quake. Netero hasn't really got an answer of it.

But to what end? Whitebeard is pretty ridiculously durable. Everything short of Zero stance isn't really going to damage Whitebeard any more than it damaged Mereum. Also, Whitebeard is ridiculously strong and just has to swing his arm and the whole area is going to be consumed by a quake. Netero hasn't really got an answer of it.
    Whitebeard takes damage from attacks far inferior from to what Meruem did. Simple bullets and bazookas which Nen users are immune to damage Whitebeard. That Whitebeard can tank through a ridiculous amount of hurt and keep fighting doesn't change the fact that his soak is not matched by his durability.

Plus, the entire point of my post is that Netero is so ridiculously faster than Whitebeard in the prayer motion that Whitebeard is never going to get to swing his arm. It's going to take a lot of giant Buddha slaps to bring Whitebeard down, but there is nothing Whitebeard has shown he is capable of doing to stop Netero between attacks. Fast though Whitebeard may be, he is just too slow.

Astonishing Member

Whitebeard takes damage from attacks far inferior from to what Meruem did. Simple bullets and bazookas which Nen users are immune to damage Whitebeard. That Whitebeard can tank through a ridiculous amount of hurt and keep fighting doesn't change the fact that his soak is not matched by his durability.

Plus, the entire point of my post is that Netero is so ridiculously faster than Whitebeard in the prayer motion that Whitebeard is never going to get to swing his arm. It's going to take a lot of giant Buddha slaps to bring Whitebeard down, but there is nothing Whitebeard has shown he is capable of doing to stop Netero between attacks. Fast though Whitebeard may be, he is just too slow.
    My memory of OP might be a bit foggy but from what I recall Whitebeard was basically just a standing corpse by the time that part happened.

Extraordinary Member

I think Lord Falcon's point about Whitebeard's toughness is that his durability isn't as impressive as his endurance.

Regular marines pierced his skin with their swords and he took damage from the regular fire arms that they used. So Whitebeard constantly took damage during the battle, he just ignored all of it to the point where people wondered if he really could die (people usually drop dead when a part of their head is seared of via magma fist).

Whitebeard is a tank for sure, he's just more of an HP and stamina tank rather than a completely invulnerable one.